bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2017 GT PP1. I changed my oil on 05.03 and have 650 km on the car since my OLM is at 69% checked the dipstick plenty of oil on it so I don't get it. I wonder if something is wrong with the car.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have 2017 GT PP1. I changed my oil on 05.03 and have 650 km on the car since my OLM is at 69% checked the dipstick plenty of oil on it so I don't get it. I wonder if something is wrong with the car.
Some engines consume more oil than others. That's on the high end of consumption. May be that one or more rings didn't seat properly during break in. Supposedly this can happen from cylinder pressures staying too low (i.e car gets babied and never revved out, engine braked or anything else that would help seat the rings), but this is just conjecture on my part since I don't know what the factory does on their end to mitigate end user stupidity, or what hours they put on the engine before they ship the car. Could just come down to bad assembly tolerances for all I know.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some engines consume more oil than others. That's on the high end of consumption. May be that one or more rings didn't seat properly during break in. Supposedly this can happen from cylinder pressures staying too low (i.e car gets babied and never revved out, engine braked or anything else that would help seat the rings), but this is just conjecture on my part since I don't know what the factory does on their end to mitigate end user stupidity, or what hours they put on the engine before they ship the car. Could just come down to bad assembly tolerances for all I know.
It does have oil on the stick so it's not an oil consumption. At 1500 km I drove it on the track for first time and I do track days which mean oil changes I guess that my OLM is calculating that I'm changing oil every 3000-4000 km and this is why it's so low after 650 km of driving but who knows. I have the car for 13 000 km and this is I think my 4th oil change which could explain my OLM. I do baby my car on the street though.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It sounds like it might be calculating in those track days hard usage. Are you changing the oil and resetting the OLM immediately after your track(s) days?

It does have oil on the stick so it's not an oil consumption. At 1500 km I drove it on the track for first time and I do track days which mean oil changes I guess that my OLM is calculating that I'm changing oil every 3000-4000 km and this is why it's so low after 650 km of driving but who knows. I have the car for 13 000 km and this is I think my 4th oil change which could explain my OLM. I do baby my car on the street though.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like it might be calculating in those track days hard usage. Are you changing the oil and resetting the OLM immediately after your track(s) days?
Not immediately but every two track days or something in that regard and yes i reset OLM as well.
Sponsored