Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Mine is a 2020 but shouldn't be any difference

I just measured the hight from floor to pinchweld - 5.9 inches

I'll advice you to pick the 3.5 inches one - then you'll also have a little room for a rubber insert so it won't be metal on metal... I did that myself đź‘Ť

OP
OP
mediumrare

mediumrare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Mine is a 2020 but shouldn't be any difference

I just measured the hight from floor to pinchweld - 5.9 inches

I'll advice you to pick the 3.5 inches one - then you'll also have a little room for a rubber insert so it won't be metal on metal... I did that myself đź‘Ť
Thank you!
By the way are you supposed to use the rubber inserts on the jack stands themselves too or just on the floor jack when initially lifting the car up?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Jacking rails will change your life.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Thank you!
By the way are you supposed to use the rubber inserts on the jack stands themselves too or just on the floor jack when initially lifting the car up?
Jacking rails too; there are specially shaped ones that sit on top of the jacks that have a groove in them for the pinch welds.
Jacking rails will change your life.
+1, first mod I did. Worth it every time I take it up!

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Low profile 3 ton floor jack from Harbor Freight gets the job done. I always usea block of wood on the jack pad to protect the pinch welds. Jacking rails make job much easier.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Jacking rails FTW.

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Depends where you're jacking it up from. That first one will work at the sides and under the pumpkin. However, it will not work on the K-Member. I'd suggest going with your second option, or as barron64 said, get one of the Harbor Freight low profile jacks. I've had mine for almost 10 years now and its been super solid.

OP
OP
mediumrare

mediumrare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Depends where you're jacking it up from. That first one will work at the sides and under the pumpkin. However, it will not work on the K-Member. I'd suggest going with your second option, or as barron64 said, get one of the Harbor Freight low profile jacks. I've had mine for almost 10 years now and its been super solid.
Whats the pumpkin? Ive done some research on the jacking points and read the manual and aside from the pinch welds and haven't found something that clearly shows the other jack points.

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Whats the pumpkin? Ive done some research on the jacking points and read the manual and aside from the pinch welds and haven't found something that clearly shows the other jack points.
Pumpkin is just a term (slang) used for the center part of your rear end.

Sponsored

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
DO NOT jack the car up from the different housing (pumpkin). It's not designed for it. Do a search here for the jacking locations or buy and install the rails.
How about the K-Member? Honestly I'm guilty of both of these. Then again I can't stand jacking the car up by the rails to get jack stands under there. That lean makes me cringe and I've seen cars slip off and its not pretty. I've been jacking vehicles up from the pumpkin and K-Member for years. Does this old dog need to learn new tricks?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
If you support the weight of this vehicle by the k member you run the risk of crushing it. ( the k member)
Ask me how I know......

Also, jacking up by the diff ( chunk, pumpkin) on an IRS, puts extreme stress on the bushings and supporting structure.