2019EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey everyone. Im new here!

So I messed up and didnt order the active exhaust system for my mustang because i really didn't care about the sound. But After driving one with active exhaust I really really regret it lol. So just a few questions.

1) Would it be possible to upgrade to active exhaust even though I already have my car and it's been delivered? And how much would it run me?
2) Anyone hear the active exhaust and MBRP race? Which one is louder?

Thank you in advance!
A regretful decision maker lol
Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
It’s not too late to get a better sounding exhaust.
The MBRP Race is going to be the best value and lighter option. It’s not “active” but it’s not going to wake the dead either.
You can install it yourself.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
When you've taste the active exhaust I'm sure you don't want to go back to a non-ajustable catback. It would probably be at a higher cost, but I'd still upgrade to the active exhaust. I haven't heard the MBRP but even if the sound is better you cannot mute it.

OP
OP

2019EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
When you've taste the active exhaust I'm sure you don't want to go back to a non-ajustable catback. It would probably be at a higher cost, but I'd still upgrade to the active exhaust. I haven't heard the MBRP but even if the sound is better you cannot mute it.
To be honest I dont care about muting it lol. I just like the sound and liked the quad tips but its not a big deal. I'd rather just do MBRP if it's cheaper and as loud (if not louder)

OP
OP

2019EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
It’s not too late to get a better sounding exhaust.
The MBRP Race is going to be the best value and lighter option. It’s not “active” but it’s not going to wake the dead either.
You can install it yourself.
Have you heard both? If so, hows the loudness comparatively?

Sponsored

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
To be honest I dont care about muting it lol. I just like the sound and liked the quad tips but its not a big deal. I'd rather just do MBRP if it's cheaper and as loud (if not louder)
I like the possibility to put it in a mode that police officers cannot ask for inspection. They are good for that around here. I'm always in Track mode but if get pull over, put in Sport and everything's fine. Silence mode is great to maintain good relationship with my neighbours.

OP
OP

2019EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
I like the possibility to put it in a mode that police officers cannot ask for inspection. They are good for that around here. I'm always in Track mode but if get pull over, put in Sport and everything's fine. Silence mode is great to maintain good relationship with my neighbours.
Meh, my dad's car is a LOT louder than the MBRP and he's had no issues with either.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
Meh, my dad's car is a LOT louder than the MBRP and he's had no issues with either.
Then I understand. Go for the cheaper option. I just heard youtube sound clips of it and the MBRP seems to sound really great.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red

track mode. theres a longer video on my channel too

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just FYI,

This is the largest AE thread on the site which discusses members adding the AE to S550’s that originally didn’t have it.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-active-exhaust-install-guide.101913/

There are (5) basic things needed for it to work:
1) The vehicle has to have the main AE jumper harness at the rear
2) The vehicle has to have the slot in the fuse box that is “live”; some have found that even though the slot is there for the fuse, it’s not factory wired. If the fuse box is not factory wired it’s not likely you will be able to do a factory AE.
3) Forscan ability to change As Built settings
4) AE mufflers
5) AE harnesses that go to mufflers

It seems that the cost to buy and add the factory AE also has jumped dramatically through Ford parts. Since that thread started, Ford has increased the cost of the AE mufflers nearly 2-3x than what they cost originally. So for some it’s coming down to cost, because you can either do a better aftermarket AE-like system, or a non-AE for less than piecing together a factory AE system.

You could source the factory AE parts used or from salvage facilities which will surely save $$$ over trying to buy the components new.

You say you had ordered your 2019, have you received it yet or taken possession? If not, can’t you talk to your Dealer and adjust the order to get what you want?
Sponsored