2019 Mustang EB Premium Dyno Results

BlackEB2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hi folks,

This is my first post on the forum. I've read a ton and learned lots since I bought my 2019 Mustang EB Premium about a month ago. When I purchased the car, I also purchased the Ford Performance Tune. The tune has arrived at the dealer and I'll be getting it installed next Friday. So today I took the car to the local speed shop and got a baseline dyno done. Averages after 3 pulls were 248.5 HP and 288.5 TQ. The tech at the shop did say that their dyno usually reads a little low, which makes sense as those numbers represent a 20% drive train loss which is a bit high from what I've read. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what gains I see from the Ford tune.

2019 Mustang EB Stock Dyno 1 (small).jpg
Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
That dip in the middle looks very odd...

Also 20% loss isn't out of the ordinary for a RWD car
Agree, that dip looks weird. 250 seems a little low too.

dyno day 18.png

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
RichBrew
Correct me if i'm wrong... That graph is for a 2019 Eco and shows 308hp, 337tq @ the wheels? or an estimated power at the crank?

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
RichBrew
Correct me if i'm wrong... That graph is for a 2019 Eco and shows 308hp, 337tq @ the wheels? or an estimated power at the crank?
Correct, and this is at the wheels.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Seems like Ford underrated the 2.3 by fair margin.
even at 10% drive line loss, that would be 339/370 vs 310/350 at the crank...

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like Ford underrated the 2.3 by fair margin.
even at 10% drive line loss, that would be 339/370 vs 310/350 at the crank...
That dyno is also from an active exhaust car. In track mode, it’s basically the equivalent of a resonator and muffler delete, so I guess that probably helped a bit.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
That dyno is also from an active exhaust car. In track mode, it’s basically the equivalent of a resonator and muffler delete, so I guess that probably helped a bit.
makes sense, but it also at 28.9 inches of mercury, as opposed to us at sea level, 29.92

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Interesting.... I assume you didn't try in other exhaust modes. I love the active exhaust on my car and drive in Track mode all the time!

Last edited:

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Hi folks,

This is my first post on the forum. I've read a ton and learned lots since I bought my 2019 Mustang EB Premium about a month ago. When I purchased the car, I also purchased the Ford Performance Tune. The tune has arrived at the dealer and I'll be getting it installed next Friday. So today I took the car to the local speed shop and got a baseline dyno done. Averages after 3 pulls were 248.5 HP and 288.5 TQ. The tech at the shop did say that their dyno usually reads a little low, which makes sense as those numbers represent a 20% drive train loss which is a bit high from what I've read. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what gains I see from the Ford tune.

2019 Mustang EB Stock Dyno 1 (small).jpg
I'm going to wager that is a timing pull resulting in the loss of power - I wonder if that was related to intake temps or fuel octane? What octane were you using for the the pull?

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to wager that is a timing pull resulting in the loss of power - I wonder if that was related to intake temps or fuel octane? What octane were you using for the the pull?
Yeah that would make a lot of sense to me as well, our engines just dont have a power dip like certain cars do.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I wonder if 17 are under rated,
Those look like solid numbers. Sweet deal.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting.... I assume you didn't try in other exhaust modes. I love the active exhaust on my car and drive in Track mode al the time!
I did not. However, in theory (and we all know how that goes) the valves still open further on hard acceleration, to keep it the same in any drive mode. Maybe next time I’ll experiment with the drive modes.
Sponsored