2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
It's not like they can just bump the power by 60-70 HP without major changes to the tune or engine. Whatever the GT500 makes it's already been determined after 3-4 years of development.
Exactly. That's something most people usually don't get, they think that if a Manufacturer released something yesterday, the car that is about to be released by another manufacturer will have an answer for that; they need years.

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Performance numbers yes but the HP and TQ can be less as long as it's faster.
I do understand that. The reason I said that is because at my job site some guys said they wanted the hellcat because it had the most power. These guys are in their late 20s or so. That's what the younger crowd sees now. Who has the biggest number, that's who they roll with.:ford:

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
hello guys, I found wonderful ideas for my project. I want to clarify that I'm going to work on the s550 v2 platform.I already worked on the gt350 platform a long time ago and the gt500r was born as a result. On this occasion, as I did with the gt500r, I am going to make a complete redesign very muscular and very aggressive.I already made a very muscular DTM version at the time, it will be something similar ...Here not only me, also meciono to each and every one of those present in this forum, we have let our imagination fly and we have done incredible things.I have always said to my regret that the conservative line on the one side of shelby and on the other of Ford performance with respect to the mustang is incredible.So I dedicate this to Jim Owens (Ford Perfomance)it may take a month but the video I have in mind is going to make the ford gt 500 a joke.I'll see samples of my progress soon ...I leave the dtm image in case you did not see it at the time.

mustang_2016_dtm_style_by_jhonconnor-d9k571r.jpg

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Exactly. That's something most people usually don't get, they think that if a Manufacturer released something yesterday, the car that is about to be released by another manufacturer will have an answer for that; they need years.
Preparations can take years, but if an automaker wanted to, they could develop multiple engines/versions in parallel in order to be ready. Then as the release date nears they could choose which version they want to announce.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Preparations can take years, but if an automaker wanted to, they could develop multiple engines/versions in parallel in order to be ready. Then as the release date nears they could choose which version they want to announce.
Yeah.... I was going to cover that as an “unless” however I assumed it was not necessary since someone would reply “they should have turned the knob to eleven and go for the highest HP/TQ”.

However that wouldn’t be an “answer” per se, because it was already planned and the competitor just made the decision to “which configuration to use” easier.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
That depends on how and where the differences in versions lie. Hardware changes, no matter how “simple”, if done through a supplier have to go through a process called PPAP. I forget what the acronyms are, but anyone who’s worked in an OEM Purchasing dept or a Tier 1 supplier’s Quality department knows what an onerous process that is. It involves certifying production parts made off of suppliers equipment long before the first production parts are done. It’s an expensive and time consuming process. You don’t just PPAP “contingency” parts.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
That depends on how and where the differences in versions lie. Hardware changes, no matter how “simple”, if done through a supplier have to go through a process called PPAP. I forget what the acronyms are, but anyone who’s worked in an OEM Purchasing dept or a Tier 1 supplier’s Quality department knows what an onerous process that is. It involves certifying production parts made off of suppliers equipment long before the first production parts are done. It’s an expensive and time consuming process. You don’t just PPAP “contingency” parts.
Production Part Aproval Process; Exactly, all parts should have PPAP at PP event, or MP1 the latest (under special circumstances).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yep...nor do you tool-up contingency parts. A program sets attribute targets 3-5 years ahead of J1 and any significant change to those mid program almost always results in J1 delay of 6-12 months, depending on what's affected.

Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
I do understand that. The reason I said that is because at my job site some guys said they wanted the hellcat because it had the most power. These guys are in their late 20s or so. That's what the younger crowd sees now. Who has the biggest number, that's who they roll with.:ford:
Exactly. People will say i have 797 hp, its the fastest car out there! As they get beat by one with less horsepower. I've seen it on the strip multiple times, we all have. I'd rather have the better car.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
That depends on how and where the differences in versions lie. Hardware changes, no matter how “simple”, if done through a supplier have to go through a process called APQP. I forget what the acronyms are, but anyone who’s worked in an OEM Purchasing dept or a Tier 1 supplier’s Quality department knows what an onerous process that is. It involves certifying production parts made off of suppliers equipment long before the first production parts are done. It’s an expensive and time consuming process. You don’t just PPAP “contingency” parts.
Adjusted. PPAP is part of APQP, which is a requirement for anyone pretty much.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
They sort of do this sometimes, but only in prototype phases. To do what you’re getting at would not make sense for budgets, time and resources.

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Exactly. People will say i have 797 hp, its the fastest car out there! As they get beat by one with less horsepower. I've seen it on the strip multiple times, we all have. I'd rather have the better car.
i agree.:ford:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yep...nor do you tool-up contingency parts. A program sets attribute targets 3-5 years ahead of J1 and any significant change to those mid program almost always results in J1 delay of 6-12 months, depending on what's affected.
They sort of do this sometimes, but only in prototype phases. To do what you’re getting at would not make sense for budgets, time and resources.
Thanks for the inside glimpses. It's interesting that a company selling so many vehicles "can't afford" to develop multiple options. I would have never guessed. I work in engineering NPD and we develop multiple options on almost every project.
Sponsored