Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

A Faster Horse

Strongest Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Venom kills demons is now an old story, something that the head of marketing messed up having no idea of what he was talking about. There’s no way the GT500 will outperform the Demon (stock vs stock).

Now with the HC Red Eye it MIGHT outperform it, however it’s not completely necessary (that car was never the target). This GT500 is set to go against the ZL1 and that’s it (I’m pretty sure it will “match” Red Eye performance though.... at least the “narrow body” one).
If it does come with a dual clutch and a decent launch control system, I see no reason it wouldn’t outperform a demon on a drag strip. Ford just needs to stop playing hide-and-seek and unveil the car already. It’s getting ridiculous.
Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
If it does come with a dual clutch and a decent launch control system, I see no reason it wouldn’t outperform a demon on a drag strip. Ford just needs to stop playing hide-and-seek and unveil the car already. It’s getting ridiculous.
No way. There’s no way a completely stock GT500 will run the 1/4 of mile when THAT’S NOT THEIR OBJECTIVE. If it faster than 10.8s I would be surprised.

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
No way. There’s no way a completely stock GT500 will run the 1/4 of mile when THAT’S NOT THEIR OBJECTIVE. If it faster than 10.8s I would be surprised.
10.8 with an automatic transmission is easily attainable. Heck a procharger kit on a automatic 2018 can go 10's on pump gas. If ford cant get into the 10's...itd be a shame...and yea i still expect it to outperform the zl1 1le on the track.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
It seems to me that the statement “Venom kills Demons” was Ford’s way of suggesting the GT500 would outperform the Demon. Since the Redeye is in essence a slightly detuned Demon, it follows naturally that GT500 will need to outperform the HC Redeye, whatever volumes either automaker chooses to support.

I wouldn’t be too sensitive to the hp numbers. GT500 should not have to match them hp for hp. It will still have significant mass and aero advantages. But at least now the GT500 team has firm numbers to shoot at. 3.4, 10.8, 131, and 203.
Shouldn't be a problem. The 2013 GT500 was 3.5, 11.6, 126, and 202. Ford should easily beat the Redeye numbers.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
10.8 with an automatic transmission is easily attainable. Heck a procharger kit on a automatic 2018 can go 10's on pump gas. If ford cant get into the 10's...itd be a shame...and yea i still expect it to outperform the zl1 1le on the track.
The narrow body Hellcat Red Eye requires 797HP, 707lb-ft, 8 speed auto, launch control and torque reserve to achieve 11.1s at the drag strip.

I would say that the GT500 will easily beat those numbers, however I fail to imagine it being considerably faster than the 10.8s of the widebody HC Red Eye. I could see both at the same level though.

Sponsored

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Shouldn't be a problem. The 2013 GT500 was 3.5, 11.6, 126, and 202. Ford should easily beat the Redeye numbers.
That was also a live axle and a tall ass first gear hitting 60 in 1st; however, like you said they better blow those red eye numbers away. I am mot expecting it to beat a demon in a 1/4 mile because the demon was built to do just that.

Last edited:

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
That was also a live axle and a tall ass first gear hitting 60 in 1st; however, like you said they better blow those red eye numbers away. I am mot expecting it to beat a demon in a 1/4 mile because the demon was built to do just that.
What? I didn’t say anything about the 5th Gen GT500, I meant the upcoming 2020 GT500. I totally agree in what you said about the Demon, however J expect it to beat the HC Red Eye AT LEAST on its narrow body and match times with the Widebody (and at the same time matching ZL1 track numbers).

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
What? I didn’t say anything about the 5th Gen GT500, I meant the upcoming 2020 GT500. I totally agree in what you said about the Demon, however J expect it to beat the HC Red Eye AT LEAST on its narrow body and match times with the Widebody (and at the same time matching ZL1 track numbers).
Yea my i meant to quote the other guy...fixed...lol

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So tired of coming to the "spyshots, pics and info" thread just to read everything but....

GTF351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford FPV GTF351
Could it be that Ford are just waiting for Hellcat/Red eyed claimed performance numbers before they commit and finalise the New GT500 specs?

Whichever is the case, I hope the New GT500 at least matches the wide body Red eyed numbers. Anything less will be disappointing with all these teaser photos released.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Man you know we live in special times when 720hp is referred to as a yawner...lol...i would love to see you yawn with a 720hp anything going full throttle.
Obviously the word yawner was chosen deliberately to provoke a response like yours. I'm sure the GT500 will be scary with the driver aids turned off.

But you gotta make the number! It's an optics thing.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
:lol::ford::cheers:I don't want the red eye numbers matched by Ford!! I want them destroyed by Ford.
Performance numbers yes but the HP and TQ can be less as long as it's faster.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Could it be that Ford are just waiting for Hellcat/Red eyed claimed performance numbers before they commit and finalise the New GT500 specs?
No. They already have all the numbers ready but since they haven’t revealed the full car yet, they will wait.

Performance numbers yes but the HP and TQ can be less as long as it's faster.
Agree. It will have less HP and TQ Numbers for sure, however I’m pretty sure it will be faster.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It's not like they can just bump the power by 60-70 HP without major changes to the tune or engine. Whatever the GT500 makes it's already been determined after 3-4 years of development.
Sponsored