2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
Man the blue oval is definitely keeping us all in suspense. I hope this car is a triple threat monster that will de-rail all rivals.

actionjackson83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white
Basically on par with the ZL1 1LE, a car which could just end up having some updates the same time 500 decides to turn up.

Maybe that's why Ford said Venom kills Demons and mentioned nothing about killing Camaros.

nobody will give a shit about the new camaros if even the ZL1 1LE incorporates that hideous refresh design.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
The delay may be extra quality time hashing out the powertrain as Ford May be cruising forums just as this and reading “Blown Engine” threads and making sure they don’t have one labeled “Heat Soak” thread.

Sometimes, the extra time put into R&D is golden.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Who says there is any delay?

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
nobody will give a shit about the new camaros if even the ZL1 1LE incorporates that hideous refresh design.
The ZL1 will not have an "updated" front end like the facelifted 2019MY. Remember what happened with the previous gen? The ZL1 kept the pre-facelift front end even when it got it's rear end "butt-lifted" (I think this doesn't sound good but "facelift" does not apply when it's on the rear, right?).

Here is a picture of the previous gen ZL1 2014 and the ZL1 2019:
ZL1.jpg
ZL1-ZL1 1LE.png

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
That of course was an assumption by most here, including me, because we took it to heart that the GT350 would end after after it’s 2 yr designation by Ford to be followed by the GT500. With that as our expectation, it is 2 years overdue. Of course speculation followed that there were design snags, production snags, rethinking because of the competition’s advances, etc. None of this may be true and it may very well be that Ford intended a 2020 debut from the start.

In our defense, your question above is the closest thing we’ve had regarding Ford’s intentions and progress.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Assumption...if Ford were more forthcoming with updates/changes, meaningful videos etc IMO it would drastically cut-down on the assumptions. Prob would curtail some of the "my brother's best friend" told me that....just throw us a bone now & again Ford.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
IMO using the "old" headlights gives the impression that the design work was performed when those headlights were "current". Without any information from Ford, that is the best I have to work with.

The other thing is that the GT500 50th anniversary came and went.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Assumption...if Ford were more forthcoming with updates/changes, meaningful videos etc IMO it would drastically cut-down on the assumptions. Prob would curtail some of the "my brother's best friend" told me that....just throw us a bone now & again Ford.
I agree with this, we’ve probably all assumed a gt500 or SC version since S550 started and now middle of 2018 we’ve been sitting on it thinking it was coming for at least a couple years now. However I do like what BMac has to say about lightweight material.

Nukem501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Shelby GT500
I'm reeeeally starting to dig the look. That hood is :love:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That’s the blue I would get! The yellow and greenish blue color are schwinging as well.
Sponsored