D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
Got news today from a FMC somebody, the car being tested is unofficially the GT500, packs a 5.0 not 5.2 motor, Twin Turbo!!! Annddd he says it will kill the Hellcat!!
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I’ve seen so many posts of people being sure it’s a 5.L TT that it’s making me believe maybe there will be two choices.
a TT v8 for drag pack and a 5.2l supercharged for track pack. Wouldn’t that be something

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Got news today from a FMC somebody, the car being tested is unofficially the GT500, packs a 5.0 not 5.2 motor, Twin Turbo!!! Annddd he says it will kill the Hellcat!!
Someone on another website said the same thing. 62mm for size and they also said Ford decided to go that route after the Demon came out. I hope it is true.

Although it would be nice to see a 5.2, with regulations and going small displacement, it is understandable why they would go 5.0. It actually would fit the SN95 new edge trend where all V8 models (all new edge SVT Cobras included) had the same displacement.

Let's hope for Manley connecting rods again too, needs the internals to withstand the power!:ford:

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Good news if true! I think the information should start flowing more as we get closer to years end! Been to painfully long! They have got to start building up the excitement-hype for the shows/reveal pretty soon. Maybe an official teaser pic/vid in October? I mean they released a teaser trailer for the Ranger Raptor and it should be way farther out than the GT500! Hears hoping!!

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
If they did go TT I would find it interesting if they actually downsized the V8.
4.7L (289) maybe..? Just a thought since the industry trend is for TT to accompany a smaller-than-usual engine displacement. Shooting in the wind though (aren't we all?).
For all we know, there's an Ecoboost V6 in one of the mules.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnrwc9vtRUtwVeNnYpbUv4W8LIQWyQKuqY3dB39OpFOpy5C4ew.png

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thats the face of a funny guy. Meaning, no, its not it.
Yup. That is what's known as Troll Face. The post itself seemed trolling, and if it wasn't, the guy got trolled.

Sponsored

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
Thats the face of a funny guy. Meaning, no, its not it.
Gotcha! As much as I wanted to believe what he said I just think BmacIL is the more reliable source around here.

Thing is, I too, feel like some others that another SC car isn't that exciting no matter the numbers. If it is going to be a SC 5.0 I am hoping Ford does some serious aero/cosmetics (carbon) to make this car more desirable.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
All I know is if they do release one I'm first on the list at my dealer for any allocation... If it's worth trading the GT350 for than I will jump all over it. But until then I love reading all the speculations

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I just do not know anymore...I want to see this car already. It would be nice though if its twin turbo. Real nice actually...but I guess we will have to wait and see what we get. But in truth that's the problem...lets see it already !!

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
Not trolling, I dont want to get specific on who the gentleman that disclosed the info is, simply forwarded the few key pieces he shared on the upcoming SVT vehicle which he specifically said "unofficially is the GT500", but everyone understands it to be it as it is targetting the Hellcat. Now, that is so hard to believe about a 5.0 TT? Ford refined the current 5.0 with direct injection and being that they are looking for a smaller displacement than the 5.8 trinity, why not use whats available and proven to be so rubost. The 5.2 would be nice, but more material means stronger.

Last edited:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Maybe we won’t get anything.

I’m now starting to want an updated 350 with a DIPI voodoo, 550-565hp, a DCT option with a couple more carbon pieces and a DSSV R model.

That is actually looking better than any 500 right now. I mean what 500?

Frustrating lol.
Sponsored