Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
At least they don't charge you twice like Ford chose to do on the GT350R. You have to admit it's lame to charge more for no AC and then charge more to add it back in.
Ford's option packaging is one of the worst in the business.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
At least they don't charge you twice like Ford chose to do on the GT350R. You have to admit it's lame to charge more for no AC and then charge more to add it back in.
They learned from Porsche.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Agreed, she better be one bad ride after all this build up!!!!! I would much rather September than the end of the year!
I've put off hopes of getting any info on this car (other than whats been leaked) I have a feeling ford isn't going to leak anything until January ( yep, 6 months before they start production on it)

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Ford's option packaging is one of the worst in the business.
That is the thing I hate most about Ford. The way their options are packaged, and the fact that certain options require you to have other options. Especially when those options have nothing to do with other options

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That is the thing I hate most about Ford. The way their options are packaged, and the fact that certain options require you to have other options. Especially when those options have nothing to do with other options
Every one complains BUT manufactures have done studies and they actually lose sales with a la carte or more packages with fewer items in each, not to mention the higher sticker prices due to almost every part being an unknown quantity for a model year..

Most of us don't fall into these categories but a LOT of people get overwhelmed or delay a purchase while they mull them over. Many of those end up buying something from another manufacturer. And when there are thousands of combinations, its a sure bet you won't find one exactly like you want on the lot. With a few major packages, no reason to shop elsewhere or wait because a dealer is likely to have a car with the few big packages you want.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Every one complains BUT manufactures have done studies and they actually lose sales with a la carte or more packages with fewer items in each, not to mention the higher sticker prices due to almost every part being an unknown quantity for a model year..

Most of us don't fall into these categories but a LOT of people get overwhelmed or delay a purchase while they mull them over. Many of those end up buying something from another manufacturer. And when there are thousands of combinations, its a sure bet you won't find one exactly like you want on the lot. With a few major packages, no reason to shop elsewhere or wait because a dealer is likely to have a car with the few big packages you want.
I would say that is true for standard vehicles, I don't believe that to be so true for SE mustangs, SE camaros, corvette, etc. people wanna order specific things. Porsche is amazing at it and they make so much additional money from it.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I would say that is true for standard vehicles, I don't believe that to be so true for SE mustangs, SE camaros, corvette, etc. people wanna order specific things. Porsche is amazing at it and they make so much additional money from it.
this +100000. Anyone who thinks options don't make money has never used Porsche configurator. You can add 25-50% of the value to your car in options listed, and thats only the listed options, there are Porsche exclusive options that aren't even listed that can jack the price up even more. PTS colors, custom interior seat inserts, PTS mirror matching and people are lining up to do it. I for one would have happily paid 5grand over the price of my GT350 to have the Porsche equivalent of a PTS color. If you buy something special its makes it feel. a lot less special when you hear that 900 other people out there bought the same thing....

Selo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Shelby GT500
this +100000. Anyone who thinks options don't make money has never used Porsche configurator. You can add 25-50% of the value to your car in options listed, and thats only the listed options, there are Porsche exclusive options that aren't even listed that can jack the price up even more. PTS colors, custom interior seat inserts, PTS mirror matching and people are lining up to do it. I for one would have happily paid 5grand over the price of my GT350 to have the Porsche equivalent of a PTS color. If you buy something special its makes it feel. a lot less special when you hear that 900 other people out there bought the same thing....
Meh. You do it once on a car you plan to keep forever, and then a lady in a Subaru sideswipes you on the highway and Bam, car is never the same again. Seriously makes you question dumping all that money into frivolous options again in the future. Spoken from experience.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Meh. You do it once on a car you plan to keep forever, and then a lady in a Subaru sideswipes you on the highway and Bam, car is never the same again. Seriously makes you question dumping all that money into frivolous options again in the future. Spoken from experience.
This is somewhat of a silly argument though. One could say why buy any nice car because this could happen, just buy a Nissan Versa and save yourself the concern?

Sponsored

Selo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Shelby GT500
I guess everyone has his or her limits. But you're right - I definitely think twice now before sinking six figures into a ride. One dingbat on the highway and you're talking major headaches and diminished value. It's nice to own a car to Drive and not worry so much about it. When you realize you're driving around in a car, though, that has options equal to the cost of a new base Mustang, yeah, it makes one take pause.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I guess everyone has his or her limits. But you're right - I definitely think twice now before sinking six figures into a ride. One dingbat on the highway and you're talking major headaches and diminished value. It's nice to own a car to Drive and not worry so much about it. When you realize you're driving around in a car, though, that has options equal to the cost of a new base Mustang, yeah, it makes one take pause.
I refuse to run my life and drive cars based on fear of other idiots. Also you don't loose value because of the options, that's why you and they (hopefully) have insurance.