Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
All I know is, I want it to be an absolutely awe inspiring piece of kit !!
Sponsored

S922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
It must give "the guys in the know', hysterics, reading all this speculation, whilst us plebeians come up with our 1,001 possible outcomes !!
This is the most accurate post of this thread so far.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
My buddy, who is tight with a guy on the insides, cousin's best friend's brother's barber's old roommate, just told me that the GT500 is really all electric and that was just a loud ass speaker to throw everyone off.

PS loved the comment on wearing camo to troll people. that was awesome.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ok, so may as well get back to reality.

It's gonna be a 5.2l CPC with a 2.65L SC on it.
DCT
Maybe a standard
What other carbon bits other than carbon composite springs?
Maybe a carbon drive shaft
Wonder if the roll cage is in it for drag regulations ?!
If so will be one quick mother and will like that they thought ahead rather than the 350 tow hook delima.

We're probably talking a factory monster here, since guys are saying possibly over 800 HP.
Wondering if there will be a KR or track pack option or maybe even a drag pack option. Would be cool to see that.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I wouldn't read too much into the roll cage......I suspect that is purely there as safety kit whilst track testing. Pretty sure we saw similar with early GT350 prototypes :)

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
A few unemployed volkswagen emissions engineers are probably available to help comply with emissions testing
El presidente Trump will save us from the EPA henchmen and hire the fIred VW engineers through worker visa programs to run the EPA. Then later he would say winning many times.

Back on topic...cant wait to see it. And if the price can stay reasonably low.

Still waiting on an msrp GT350R :( might have to buy used or go Hellcat just for tbe hell of it. I was able to track my last car a few times and it was worh every penny on tires brakes and some parts. Had some close calls that would empty your stomach and intestine at the same time LOL.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
A few unemployed volkswagen emissions engineers are probably available to help comply with emissions testing

Ford's diesels will likely have no issue passing US emissions. One reason the F150 took so long.

Their SCR and mission control device layout is pretty interesting to people in the industry.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP

DCT
Maybe a standard
If so will be one quick mother and will like that they thought ahead rather than the 350 tow hook delima.

We're probably talking a factory monster here, since guys are saying possibly over 800 HP.
Wondering if there will be a KR or track pack option or maybe even a drag pack option. Would be cool to see that.
It would be really cool if it had a drag pack and track pack option.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang

DCT
Maybe a standard

I'm hoping for a 5.8 version of the Voodoo.......

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
Mach 1 = 5.4L CPC N/A
GT500 = 5.2L CPC Supercharged

Somewhat similar to the Charger 392 vs the Charger Hellcat as far as trims/packages go.
This seems most likely to me and is what I have been thinking since these new Halo Stang rumors have surfaced. Except I see it being a Cobra rather than a GT500, so like the 03-04 lineup. Mach 1 was a halfbreed between a Cobra and a GT at the time. Pretty likely Ford could be doing this again. This would mean shared parts, so costs could be kept down as well. (or maybe I'm just too much of a New Edge fanboy..)
In addition, Ford developing two SE Mustangs at once would also help to throw the "spies" off of their trail, and leave us all guessing, as we are doing.

So 520+ hp NA 5.2 or 5.4 CPC for Mach 1, with a few upgrades over a GT, that draw similarities to either the Cobra or current GT350
and
750+ boosted 5.2 CPC for a Cobra, with a lot of suspension/aero upgrades to make it a direct competitor to the ZL1; I don't find it likely that Ford will even be worrying with the Demon.
Seems feasible to me.
Just my opinion, since everyone else is throwing theirs out. :)

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
El presidente Trump will save us from the EPA henchmen and hire the fIred VW engineers through worker visa programs to run the EPA. Then later he would say winning many times.

Back on topic...cant wait to see it. And if the price can stay reasonably low.

Still waiting on an msrp GT350R :( might have to buy used or go Hellcat just for tbe hell of it. I was able to track my last car a few times and it was worh every penny on tires brakes and some parts. Had some close calls that would empty your stomach and intestine at the same time LOL.
Let's keep the Presidential bashing out of our conversations here please. This is a car forum. Not an anti trump blog.

But... if your going to go Hellcat, might as well go full Demon and get the car the Hellcat was meant to be.

Of course knowing the way things are in life, the GT500 would be announced the day after you do.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Let's keep the Presidential bashing out of our conversations here please. This is a car forum. Not an anti trump blog.

But... if your going to go Hellcat, might as well go full Demon and get the car the Hellcat was meant to be.

Of course knowing the way things are in life, the GT500 would be announced the day after you do.
Well that'll be hard since there's only like 3300 demons. Also dodge is now releasing a hellcat with the fender flares to fit 305 width tires all the way around. Dodge says a .3 decrease on 0-60 and 1/4 and a lateral G of .97. Might be the better option and save you thousands.
Sponsored