machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thanks Bmac! I think I understand.

There really wont be two separate name plate mustangs? Basically like an R version to the 350?? This may be the one that is to compete with the ZL1-L1E? Not asking questions, because I know you cannot answer, I'm basically taking a guess with the ??.
I'm suprised they would up the HP for a track car, unless this one thats coming isn't as high of HP as we thought, 750HP is plenty on this chassis for tracking, I would think. Always take more of course haha!

ttime500, regarding the explorer, the Bronco is right around the corner and I think I'm gonna trade my explorer sport in on it. The sport is one hell of a vehicle. Body roll is good for a 3rd row SUV, I was extremely suprised. It does 60 in 6 seconds with a tune it does it near 5. Thats fast for a 5,000 lb SUV. Its super comfortable too. Brakes are good.
The Bronco will probably end up being 4 doors as well, so that helps the decision a little. Ranger Raptor is coming as well, but its not until 2020. That one interests me last, only because I'm not keen on the way it looks, at least the foreign version of the truck.

I bet anything the Ford Performance mustang shows at the Detroit auto show in 2 months.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bmac! I think I understand.

There really wont be two separate name plate mustangs? Basically like an R version to the 350?? This may be the one that is to compete with the ZL1-L1E? Not asking questions, because I know you cannot answer, I'm basically taking a guess with the ??.
I'm suprised they would up the HP for a track car, unless this one thats coming isn't as high of HP as we thought, 750HP is plenty on this chassis for tracking, I would think. Always take more of course haha!

ttime500, regarding the explorer, the Bronco is right around the corner and I think I'm gonna trade my explorer sport in on it. The sport is one hell of a vehicle. Body roll is good for a 3rd row SUV, I was extremely suprised. It does 60 in 6 seconds with a tune it does it near 5. Thats fast for a 5,000 lb SUV. Its super comfortable too. Brakes are good.
The Bronco will probably end up being 4 doors as well, so that helps the decision a little. Ranger Raptor is coming as well, but its not until 2020. That one interests me last, only because I'm not keen on the way it looks, at least the foreign version of the truck.
I don't see the '19 being a direct competitor to the 1LE, relative to how singularly focused that car is. More of a do-everything really well, really fast kind of car. Usable daily, ridiculously fast (corners and straights), well-equipped. The GT350R is still their main card for a true driver's car, and one that does it extraordinarily well.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don't see the '19 being a direct competitor to the 1LE, relative to how singularly focused that car is. More of a do-everything really well, really fast kind of car. Usable daily, ridiculously fast (corners and straights), well-equipped. The GT350R is still their main card for a true driver's car, and one that does it extraordinarily well.
Thank you for the info Sir!
Or in this case Sire ;)

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Thanks for the nuggets!:cheers:

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

I bet anything the Ford Performance mustang shows at the Detroit auto show in 2 months.
I also have a ā€˜17 explorer sport and really like it. Iā€™m hoping the next gen looks as good or better but offers one more tier of performance to be a direct competitor of the Durango srt. I need to have the 3rd row availablity.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I also have a ā€˜17 explorer sport and really like it. Iā€™m hoping the next gen looks as good or better but offers one more tier of performance to be a direct competitor of the Durango srt. I need to have the 3rd row availablity.
I know what you mean. That 3rd row is nice...lots of space.
Yeah, the only downside to the Explorer is that it doesn't look the best. ( I think it looks better than the durango, but not as nice as the cherokee)
Sure is great everywhere else.
I got it because of my kids, so they could take a friend with them when we go places....I have 2 boys. as much as I like it, I think I'll be trading it up on the Bronco, just as soon as it becomes available (if it looks nice and has better performance)
Considered the SRT Jeep, but for the money, I was going to lose a ton on it, trading for the bronco or Ranger.
If not buying thru business, a used SRT jeep is a good bargain.

Last edited:

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I've been a lurker here for quite some time and see 84 pages worth of GT500 discussion and still nothing from Ford, Cmon Man! The Gt500 was always the monster everyone feared but crickets is all i hear, they get hellcats and Zl1s we get PP2 next year....WTF.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If the 500 is not coming anytime soon, maybe my plan worked out well after all. One keeper and one driver. When the time comes, upgrade and at least the money put into the TY R was not all for not.

I am looking forward to the 800+ HP monster.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So it turns out I was wrong.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There's a first time for everything. Even I was wrong once.
Happens when you don't ask more questions to sources out of sheer amazement about the other info :lol:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yes! Was hoping that it would be the competitor. I donā€™t want to hear the Camaro guys blabbering that it couldnā€™t even beat a zl1- L1E Bla bla bla.