2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Would be funny since Ford is supplying the 10a for Chevy to use in the ZL1! Ok you guys use that and watch this!! Would be perfect stick in the eye!
Was thinking the same situation lol. Will be funny!
Humor aside, im expecting the 2019 GT500 to be in the spotlight for front cover of MT lightning lap ;) either it or a boss/350 variant

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Would be funny since Ford is supplying the 10a for Chevy to use in the ZL1! Ok you guys use that and watch this!! Would be perfect stick in the eye!
Well they actually aren't. Chevy and Ford co-developed the transmissions. However each uses there own tuning and ratios. And each builds there own version of the transmission separately.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I knew they built it in tandem, I still think its funny, as I'm positive the GT500 will show up out of that A10 specs, unless ford intends to build it for more torque/HP.
Maybe the durability tests on the DCT are whats taking so long. The GT DCT wasn't rated as high as what the supposed GT500 numbers are to be.
I have a feeling the GT500 is a done deal and everything is ready to go. Getting parts made by vendors already. They just aren't in any rush to drop the bomb, as the GT350 is still selling decently.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Yep, you got to give to them when it comes to keeping their shit secret! It is hard to believe nothing more has leaked out than has! Not one "inside" picture or nothing! Maddening!!!! I guess I will make the reveal that much more exciting!

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
I have a feeling the GT500 is a done deal and everything is ready to go. Getting parts made by vendors already. They just aren't in any rush to drop the bomb, as the GT350 is still selling decently.
Couldn't agree more. As anxious as I am for news the MY 19 release fits my timeline better;)

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
If we could at least order by the middle of next year I'll be happy!! Hopefully not longer than that. Maybe see it a LA or Detroit show?!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Hopefully Ford will take the ala cart route so we can build it like we want it! That would be nice. Dodge did a good job with the Demon in that regard!
With the Demon most of it is already built into the price. Don't be fooled by you're only paying a dollar to get it. It would be foolish to get the Demon without the dollar options and then just take them out later.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
With the Demon most of it is already built into the price. Don't be fooled by you're only paying a dollar to get it. It would be foolish to get the Demon without the dollar options and then just take them out later.
I was referring to the fact that you can order your Demon totally stripped down one seat no carpet or loaded up with even a sunroof,leather,sound system. That is pretty cool. What a novel idea letting the customer pick and chose the options/car the way they want it. Attention Ford.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yep, you got to give to them when it comes to keeping their shit secret! It is hard to believe nothing more has leaked out than has! Not one "inside" picture or nothing! Maddening!!!! I guess I will make the reveal that much more exciting!
I hope so man! It better be epic for the wait and no little hints.
I had a feeling unveiling/some sort of announcement would be September, so let's see. And hope! lol :thumbsup:

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Agreed, she better be one bad ride after all this build up!!!!! I would much rather September than the end of the year!

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I was referring to the fact that you can order your Demon totally stripped down one seat no carpet or loaded up with even a sunroof,leather,sound system. That is pretty cool. What a novel idea letting the customer pick and chose the options/car the way they want it. Attention Ford.
I agree with that. I hate that Ford offers you a lounge seat with htd/vented seats or a manual adjust race seat. How about for $750 more you offer a power/htd/vented race seat that can adjust side bolster. A bit more ability to select options and build the car the way you want it would be nice.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
At least they don't charge you twice like Ford chose to do on the GT350R. You have to admit it's lame to charge more for no AC and then charge more to add it back in.
Sponsored