Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
I can't see Ford walking away from the Shelby name. Way to much automatic brand recognition with that name! Especially after the success of GT350. If they own the branding why would they?
I think it would be terrible if FORD walked away from the SHELBY name.IF it were not for SHELBY,FORD would not have the racing back ground that they have.FORD was king back in the past.gm,nor dodge had anything that could beat the FORD GT,427 side oiler COBRA,SHELBY DAYTONA and,DRAGON SNAKE.If FORD payed any attention to SHELBY,they know how to beat the fat cat and demon.:ford::cheers:
Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I hear Ford will be retiring the use of "Shelby", there will be a GT500 and while I am not sure it needs yet another name I did hear "Cobra" would be used. Seriously a Mustang Cobra? Sounds like a car with issues. I wonder why "P51" never found it's way onto the name plate other than a one-off or possibly two.
CobraJet?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I hear Ford will be retiring the use of "Shelby", there will be a GT500 and while I am not sure it needs yet another name I did hear "Cobra" would be used. Seriously a Mustang Cobra? Sounds like a car with issues. I wonder why "P51" never found it's way onto the name plate other than a one-off or possibly two.

Why not call it Mustang III :lol: Just kidding except to Mustang lovers and the aviation community P51 means nothing

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
At this point I don't give a crap what they call it as long as it's a bad MoFo!!! Maybe the dealers want feel like they an go for such high ADMs if it's no longer a Shelby!!?? They seem to think you can put the Shelby name on it and gouging is ok!?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
How about just plain - GT500 with no cobras or shelby symbols on the car.
Sounds good to me.
I like Mach1, boss, gt350 gt500...but get rid of the other garb

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Take this for what you want but an acquaintance of mine told was telling me that his friends have brought test mule GT500's or whatever they end up calling the car over to his house. He said that they have been testing both Supercharged and Turbo options. Now I'm not normally one for these "a guy in the know" stories, but he did also tell me about the diesel F150 engine before that was announced, and also told me about the 7.0 in the super duty before I heard it anywhere else....

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
As for colors why not bring back mystic? I mean especially if its not going to be a gt500, hell even if it is

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
ITS OUT THERE THIS WEEK!!!

Roll your damn windows down!

DETROIT, Roush and FP area. LUNCH TIME TODAY, Be ready!!!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
(Disregard today, Monday Morning)

Lol, I'm just waking up. Didn't read the message entirely.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
(Camo should start coming off, real world testing)

(Sunday Test Track Prep? Nobody can get close to the FP test track)

(One test car has a big wing)

(Fender gills are still covered, or at least the camo with the gill gap is still on).

(No supercharger noise, but suppose to be FI, no waste gate noise either)

(Still testing a manual trans, could be a lower HP version for MSRP reasons/ZL1 competition)

Gen 2 GT350 and Hummingbird Voodoo after GT500, hopefully Jan 2019 reveal)

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Ok I'm going to throw this out there..

What if (big IF) this SE is based on the new S650 platform? Or at least the tech underneath it?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

What if (big IF) this SE is based on the new S650 platform? Or at least the tech underneath it?
Then it would have to be handbuilt, most likely by a specialty outfit like multimatic. The plants aren't tooled for the next generation.

The "tech" underneath it is always trickling down. So yes, we will likely see some stuff in the next generation. For example, the new composite front cradle. It saves 22lbs, not ground breaking but a start.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

I was actually thinking the same thing, as a way to showcase the S650 platform and capability, but that seems pretty unprecedented specially for Ford.
Sponsored