Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Same, I feel like the Shelby name was just a money grab. I always prefered just COBRA, and I also liked the SVT name. Maybe because I was getting into cars then.
I never liked the Cobra name for a Mustang. IMO a Cobra is a two seater built by Shelby and it seems like the name is wrong on a Mustang. It seems like theft of the name of a legendary vehicle and the name is degraded by being on a Mustang. But then I also think that Shelby is a great name for a Mustang.
No way Ford walks away from the Shelby name after the success of the GT350/R.
I've been back and forth on the continued use of the Shelby name on Ford Performance vehicles. I respect the GT350/GT500 history and the work Carroll Shelby did but...Shelby American hurts the Shelby branding. Their products are just overpriced bolt-on performance upgrades with an appearance package. Which would be ok if they actually had good performance, but test show they're all show and no go, at least not compared to a Roush.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
but...Shelby American hurts the Shelby branding. Their products are just overpriced bolt-on performance upgrades with an appearance package.
Agreed. I wish they would stop.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
ZL1 production numbers sure seem limited, but no problem with ADM there. Didn't the hellcat ADM die fairly quick too.
Well, mustangs consistently outsell both the challenger and camaro on a year to year basis due to higher demand. That high demand is why Ford dealerships are able to get away with ADMs

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Agreed. I wish they would stop.
Wonder how much it would cost for Ford to buy them out, and then GM to buy the YENKO name. Then we can have Shelby's vs Yenko's.

Whose name does Dodge have? I know they used Shelby at one point.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I really hope this becomes available in RHD...
The U.K agrees... well, afterall the mustang is now a "global car"

in before the "predator" powered* gt500 gets 800horses and the RHD markets gets 500 because ford can't build a proper header :lol::lol:

Last edited:

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Told y’all...smh

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Wonder how much it would cost for Ford to buy them out, and then GM to buy the YENKO name. Then we can have Shelby's vs Yenko's.

They had Hemi :lol: I know, I know it's not the same.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302

Mr. Norm

wibled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2002 Thunderbird, 2021 Bronco Sp
I also think that if they dropped the "Shelby" name the ADM might go away. That's just me though. I don't remember ADM on the 03/04 Terminator cars, I know my buddy didn't pay one, hell I am pretty sure he got it under MSRP.

I don't remember the car's getting ADM until they started putting the Shelby name on them.
ADM is all about supply & demand, it's nothing to do with the name Shelby. 2002 Thunderbirds had a ADM until supply caught up with demand. I can't remember the first time I heard about ADM but I'm thinking some of the limited cars (such as Pace Cars) from the '70 & '80 & '90s had it.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
ADM is all about supply & demand, it's nothing to do with the name Shelby. 2002 Thunderbirds had a ADM until supply caught up with demand. I can't remember the first time I heard about ADM but I'm thinking some of the limited cars (such as Pace Cars) from the '70 & '80 & '90s had it.
For me it was when people were paying 35-40k for mid '00 Civic Si's. Literally Cobra money for a Civic.

wibled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2002 Thunderbird, 2021 Bronco Sp
For me it was when people were paying 35-40k for mid '00 Civic Si's. Literally Cobra money for a Civic.
I just remembered ADM when the first Mazda Miatas came out in the early '90s
Sponsored