Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The GT500 was an affordable big power car. The 2014 was what, $55-60k MSRP? Not a huge sticker either way.
I agree about the 2013/2014 GT500 cars. One of the best Ford built in my opinion. (I almost ordered a 2014 in Grabber Blue with matte black stripes as I explained in another thread. But, better to be safe than to be sorry.)
Those cars were going for between 65k-70K window sticker, not 55k-60k. Most are are right around 67k/68k.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Base price on the 13/14 GT500 was 57k and then all the way up to 69k for a vert. Mine was 67500 track pack loaded up other than glass roof. I can't see this new gt500 much more than 75. That would only be for the magniride suspension. Probably won't be running carbons, though it could be an option but that would take it to around 80k. The 5.2 and blower isn't gonna be any more than the 5.8 and blower. Just gotta include inflation and the cost of the added features. If a GT350 Track pack costs 62k loaded, a blower and coolers/intake is probably gonna add another 8k max in the 5.2 cpc. So that's only 70k IMO. Add vert for 4k. Add another 10k for KR package. After rethinking, I don't see how this new SE makes it out of 75k.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Hoping ford reaches out to dealers this go round, Tony, still not too late to make it an enjoyable buying experience. If you want one I'll have my dealer get one for you at MSRP before mine :)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hoping ford reaches out to dealers this go round, Tony, still not too late to make it an enjoyable buying experience. If you want one I'll have my dealer get one for you at MSRP before mine :)
NICE!!!!
Let's hope it comes out first Jim. :Dl All we here is crickets. I think the GT350 got some press time before it came out, so maybe Ford doesn't have anything for us yet?? :doh: I can't see them keeping quiet and them, BAM!!,......surprise, here it is! lol
I hope I'm completely wrong! :tsk:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
NICE!!!!
Let's hope it comes out first Jim. :Dl All we here is crickets. I think the GT350 got some press time before it came out, so maybe Ford doesn't have anything for us yet?? :doh: I can't see them keeping quiet and them, BAM!!,......surprise, here it is! lol
I hope I'm completely wrong! :tsk:
Yeah, at the earliest late 2018 MY and only a few hundred made. Most likely the brute of it will be '19 and '20. Not real confident on a NYAIS debut, although it would be real nice to know.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah, at the earliest late 2018 MY and only a few hundred made. Most likely the brute of it will be '19 and '20. Not real confident on a NYAIS debut, although it would be real nice to know.
Sort of like what they did with the last gen GT500?? (2013/2014) Right before the new body style. Is that what you're thinking?? Makes sense. Go out with a bang, plus the other cars like the ZL1 and Hellcat will probably be about the same as they are now, give or take, giving Ford the upper edge with technology and performance.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don't think it was their intention to take so long. I just think between the 350 and GT issues, developing the GT4 ...etc (basically the 12/20) they got behind the 8 ball, so yeah just a 2.1/2 year car I'm thinking. There isn't a ton of work to put into this GT500, especially if they won't use the ecoboost v8. If it's just a 5.2 cpc supercharged with 350 goodies, it shouldn't take a boatload of time to develop IMO, but I guess it needs a lot of testing.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I don't think it was their intention to take so long. I just think between the 350 and GT issues, developing the GT4 ...etc (basically the 12/20) they got behind the 8 ball, so yeah just a 2.1/2 year car I'm thinking. There isn't a ton of work to put into this GT500, especially if they won't use the ecoboost v8. If it's just a 5.2 cpc supercharged with 350 goodies, it shouldn't take a boatload of time to develop IMO, but I guess it needs a lot of testing.
I agree.
We shall see. On that note,......................HURRY UP FORD!!!! lol
:D

Sponsored

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
I can't see this new gt500 much more than 75. That would only be for the magniride suspension. Probably won't be running carbons, though it could be an option but that would take it to around 80k. The 5.2 and blower isn't gonna be any more than the 5.8 and blower. Just gotta include inflation and the cost of the added features. If a GT350 Track pack costs 62k loaded, a blower and coolers/intake is probably gonna add another 8k max in the 5.2 cpc. So that's only 70k IMO. Add vert for 4k. Add another 10k for KR package. After rethinking, I don't see how this new SE makes it out of 75k.
Sometimes it can be helpful looking at the competition. The ZL1 starts at $61K for the coupe. You can push the total close to $70K if you check enough boxes, and that doesn't include the upcoming ZL1 1LE package. So it'd be completely reasonable for the top model Mustang to be $65K to $75K depending on equipment. More than $75K is hard to imagine though.

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
One of the many bits of anonymous insider info in this forum said that Ford started the program with a turbo motor and then switched to a supercharger. If that's true (and who knows if it is), that'd be a good explanation for a protracted development cycle.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I seen the fella who posted here and another forum regarding the EB v8. Sad that they dumped it because of costs. Wouldn't think it would be more than a few thousand more than the supercharged car. Was hoping for a different power plant this go round. Oh well, I'm sure that the car will still be real fun.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sometimes it can be helpful looking at the competition. The ZL1 starts at $61K for the coupe. You can push the total close to $70K if you check enough boxes, and that doesn't include the upcoming ZL1 1LE package. So it'd be completely reasonable for the top model Mustang to be $65K to $75K depending on equipment. More than $75K is hard to imagine though.
And when the zl1 hardly sells at that price, ford dealers will be getting 5 to 10k adm on top of the 70k. There is clearly more desire for mustang SE's than camaro SE's. By units sold and by price paid. Ford won't have a problem charging 5k more on average than the Camaro.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
If it were merely supercharged, it could have been available year two.

The ecoboost v8 would benefit from the work done on the eco6 as well as the DPI going into the next gen 5.0.

A supercharged v8 - even the 5 liter - would be plenty competitive with the lt4. But I doubt Ford wants to be competitive. They could slap a supercharged engine in the 350r, tweak a couple things, and spank the zl1 (and lots of other cars). But it would be simply playing the same game for the last 12 years...

Ford has been at the forefront of engine tech in recent years. And I'm guessing they don't want to settle for "easy."

Those Louvers don't look like simply air extraction if I'm reading the light right in those poor quality photos. It may point to some fairly creative turbo placement.

And if it's twin turbos, even the "demon" needs to be concerned. The power levels wouldn't be for the faint of heart. Power levels... hmmm now I'm reminded of a certain hyper violent cartoon...
Sponsored