Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I wonder what the chances are that the GT500 and Mach1 are one and the same?
In function, maybe the Mach1 has been upgraded to GT500 performance levels.
Ford already has the GT350 covering the N/A arena.
Just something to ponder........
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I wonder what the chances are that the GT500 and Mach1 are one and the same?
In function, maybe the Mach1 has been upgraded to GT500 performance levels.
Ford already has the GT350 covering the N/A arena.
Just something to ponder........
It's crossed my mind, especially when some mention that the "GT500" name may not come back.....what would it be then?

I do think whatever the halo-Stang is will feature forced induction though.....and that'd be a first for a factory Mach 1. I still really hope a Mach 1 is a n/a version of whatever the halo-Stang is though :)

Edited to add:

If the GT350 sticks around for the '19/'20MYs, I'd still like to see a Mach 1. Keep the GT350 as a track focused, manual transmission only car, with that FPC. Make the Mach 1 a little less hardcore, a lot more luxurious and give it the option of the 10-speed auto behind a 5.2 CPC :)

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
It's Ford's call to add boost to the Mach1.
I'd prefer a 5.2 Voodoo based power plant that is naturally aspirated.
Let GM and Mopar fight for the HP crown.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
What does catch my eye is the underside of the hood. I bet the 500 will get extra CF parts - probably those fenders, too.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
It's Ford's call to add boost to the Mach1.
I'd prefer a 5.2 Voodoo based power plant that is naturally aspirated.
Let GM and Mopar fight for the HP crown.
GM isnt fighting for the HP crown, their ZL1 still falls short to the power of what the 5.8 Trinity GT500s make.

In fact I just looked it up, the '17 ZL1 makes around 560 rwhp, while the '13/'15 GT500s are making around 600rwhp. Man sometimes I think of going back to the S197, but i dont like the bumpy solid axle setup.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Somebody is definitely getting fired for that with possible criminal charges! I work computer forensics and it will not take long to figure it out. They will probably start with looking at video cameras and then everyone's phone who had access. They will also download the pictures and study the metadata. Someone will be screwed big time for this! Hope it was worth it to that person.....:paddle:
It could easily be leaked on purpose to keep us interested until they have a final product to show.

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Somebody is definitely getting fired for that with possible criminal charges! I work computer forensics and it will not take long to figure it out. They will probably start with looking at video cameras and then everyone's phone who had access. They will also download the pictures and study the metadata. Someone will be screwed big time for this! Hope it was worth it to that person.....:paddle:
I believe those photos were shot with a telephoto lens, not a cell phone. The background zoomed almost guarantees they were shot with a telephoto lens. Working in forensics, isn't it also very easy to wipe the metadata from the file? If I'm not mistaken, only certain formats (like JPG) contain metadata and others (like BMP) don't. I'm also pretty sure with an EXIF editor, you could wipe the metadata. I've done it before with photos that contained GPS coordinates that I didn't want published.

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2011 GT, Sold 2016 GT 350, 2018 GT 350R JR034
I'll try to find out if the next gt500 will be supercharged or twin turbos. I have a contact that will know. I won't say who I work for...don't want to get anyone in trouble haha

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Wouldn't be awesome if after the reveal of the Demon (April 11) they stole the NY show and brought in the GT500/ Cobra!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Wouldn't be awesome if after the reveal of the Demon (April 11) they stole the NY show and brought in the GT500/ Cobra!
It would be, even if it's slower on a drag strip or less HP.
It would be cool to just steal SOME of the demons mojo.
To me, personally, I'd rather have a great driving, excellently balanced 755hp all around track/strip supercar than a street legal drag car. It's like bringing a pliers on a camping trip when you need a Swiss army knife. To each their own but I know what excites me more...and not only that, I know where I'd get the most use and more for my money. If I lived at the drag strip I'd get a Cobra jet....but that's just me.

Sponsored

msgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was browsing fordparts.com this morning and this SVT option came up!
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.15.40 AM.png

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That's probably just the options for the items still in stock from previous years SVT vehicles. I'm under the impression any vehicles from 2015 forward will be ford performance vehicles.

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Def not a GT350 variant. Cobra or GT500, yes... I would not pay much attention to much or the rest of the car. It's a test mule. Fender vents are getting heat out of the engine bay. I know that there are a lot of the old Trinity 5.8 V8's in a factory in Mich and that a friend hinted to me at Christmas 16', that there could be an updated former GT500 SC 5.8 with an easy breathing 750 hp. Although they've been experimenting with the TT Cobra jet motor on a few different levels.

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I find it amusing how some individuals speak with such authority on alleged upcoming products.

"It's definitely this..."

"it's definitely not this..."

or my personal favorite, "I have a friend that said..."

:gossip:
Sponsored