Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Tony, im sure the next GT500/cobra/mach1 will have the 755 HP that was on the dash in those photos - minimum. I expect it will thrash a hellcat easy and beat a zl1 both ways as well.
Haha, even my 350 is scary if you get crazy enough with it, but yeah. I like laying rubber at 55 MPH too.
What I really like between my '14 GT500 and my GT350R is that it feels MUCH more nimble and predictable...especially when pushing it hard. I like to feel the car and I'm afraid if the next SE comes and it's 4000 lbs it's just not gonna feel as good to drive. Sure ...mashing the gas is great...burning rubber is fun but I want the car planted.. when taking a turn I want to lay into the throttle and feel that baby planted and little to no roll. I'm afraid of all the roll with that weight up front..
I hate to say it but this GT350 turned me into liking the feel of the car more than all out power.
LOL
I think the GT350R car spoiled you Jim. :D Not a bad thing at all. I've never been in a GT350 car. I did and still do kinda want a GT350R though.
I would really love if the new GT500 was on the GT350R platform and had huge power/torque. Now, that would get my blood pumping! lol
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
LOL
I think the GT350R car spoiled you Jim. :D Not a bad thing at all. I've never been in a GT350 car. I did and still do kinda want a GT350R though.
I would really love if the new GT500 was on the GT350R platform and had huge power/torque. Now, that would get my blood pumping! lol
If you could get one.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If you could get one.
LOL
That too.
I hope Ford doesn't pull that crap with the GT500. I will be pissed. I should be able to go into any Ford dealership and say to the salesman, "I'm ready to order a '19 GT500. Let's talk numbers and get it done!"
(Minus ADM, of course!:D :cool:)

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If ford doesn't somehow either lotto the cars or offer incentives for quick sales, the same old ADM game will be played. WILL be a PITA to get the limited models, like it is currently with the R.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
If ford doesn't somehow either lotto the cars or offer incentives for quick sales, the same old ADM game will be played. WILL be a PITA to get the limited models, like it is currently with the R.
The ADM game happens with Dodge and chevy too but it goes away fairly quickly. When I was car shopping I went and looked at a Hellcat but they wanted 20K ADM! I laughed at him and said never mind I'll just buy a Z06 for that price, and that's what I did. Hopefully Ford can try and keep it some what under control.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yah, I've seen them on those others at first. Thing is, they meet their demands quickly. Not so, especially with this 350
... the R is still bringing quite.a bit over will be on 4th model year soon. I can't remember any modern day big 3 that has been so hard to find at msrp, even the GT wasn't yard to find in 05 and 06 with no adm.

If the next one is a hit like the 350 was/is it'll be the same situation with ADM

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Yah, I've seen them on those others at first. Thing is, they meet their demands quickly. Not so, especially with this 350
... the R is still bringing quite.a bit over will be on 4th model year soon. I can't remember any modern day big 3 that has been so hard to find at msrp, even the GT wasn't yard to find in 05 and 06 with no adm.

If the next one is a hit like the 350 was/is it'll be the same situation with ADM
Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that Ford can do. At least that is what I have heard. The dealers are independent. They can ask what they want for the cars if they think they can get it. Sucks. I have a small local dealer that is going to try to get me one without the price gouging!! Got to try to get in early on these special edition models! But also unfortunate I'm sure the bigger dealers get them easier.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Exactly right, big dealers or dealers that sell the most get the most allocations...and the SE cars. My local dealer who is medium size couldn't get me the R but he could get me a hellcat early in 15 as well as a 350 with zero mark up. Said he wouldn't charge me any mark up anytime on anything. So i bough a raptor from him. Says he will be able to get me a demon but Im not wanting it. If the next SE mustang is just a 5.2 supercharged car with nothing real special about it, I'm thinking it will be relatively easy to find without mark up.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Exactly right, big dealers or dealers that sell the most get the most allocations...and the SE cars. My local dealer who is medium size couldn't get me the R but he could get me a hellcat early in 15 as well as a 350 with zero mark up. Said he wouldn't charge me any mark up anytime on anything. So i bough a raptor from him. Says he will be able to get me a demon but Im not wanting it. If the next SE mustang is just a 5.2 supercharged car with nothing real special about it, I'm thinking it will be relatively easy to find without mark up.
That is my fear as well. That there is going to be a GT500/GT500R and I want we able to get the model I want. My dealer has pretty good connections and will jump on it. I just hope they don't make the damn thing impossible to get after all this waiting!!!! If you have the money and want one you should at least have the opportunity to order one.
I mean it is hard to believe that Ford is doing so well it would want to turn away paying customers trying to buy their new Halo Mustang!!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah, if there is indeed a KR addition, consider that baby hard to get for MSRP, and only a 2 year run for certain. I'm hoping my dealer can get one..

If its a special motor, special features of some kind...anything real cool, ADM is here to stay, especially with only the 2 years.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Yeah, if there is indeed a KR addition, consider that baby hard to get for MSRP, and only a 2 year run for certain. I'm hoping my dealer can get one..

If its a special motor, special features of some kind...anything real cool, ADM is here to stay, especially with only the 2 years.
I understand you have to pay to play. It just should be that freaking hard to a acquire a vehicle if you are in finical shape to pay for it. Makes no business sense for Ford. Hopefully it want be as hard as we are anticipating :frusty: As I'm sitting on go to order!

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I hope they release them in numbers big enough to keep the ADM reasonable. The wait for something to beat Dodge and Chevy has been painfully slow, a big markup on top of it would be a bummer.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That'll be a turn off, but it will also be a turn off to have a plain supercharged car with no real things that make it stand out as unique will be a drag. I know it was mentioned a Dual Clutch Transmission, but we'll see, that would be something cool.
If its like a ZL and beats it with nothing real great about it... no ADM

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
That'll be a turn off, but it will also be a turn off to have a plain supercharged car with no real things that make it stand out as unique will be a drag. I know it was mentioned a Dual Clutch Transmission, but we'll see, that would be something cool.
If its like a ZL and beats it with nothing real great about it... no ADM
A TT V8 with a dual clutch lots of carbon/aluminum and a bad-ass look.
Not to much to ask I hope! Don't mind spending the money just make it awesome! Oh and make more than six of them so we can purchase one!!
Sponsored