200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
There's just one thing that bugs me about the 7 litre rumour: it just won't fit unless it's OHV.

It'll have a long stroke, (fancy making a square bore/stroke for a truck application). Perhaps a short-deck version of it (if it's a quadcam) will fit in the Mustang but then it won't be 7 litres will it. Perhaps Topnotch meant Boss 351.

Ok, moving on from that...

There's one thing I'm certain of, going off Ford's previous S.E. efforts; they don't take short cuts. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised. The cryptic message given was 755hp. Who in their right mind doesn't think that's enough? Demon would have an extra 85hp but would still weigh about 150-200lbs more and can't bank worth a damn. A one hit wonder. Just don't race at the strip and you'll be right.
The 5.4 had a 4.615 stroke. A 6.2 stroked to 7.0 would only need a 4.2 stroke to get there. It would be marginally taller than a 5.0, and about 2 inches longer....no problem, and should be cheap if its going in trucks too...

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
The 5.4 had a 4.615 stroke. A 6.2 stroked to 7.0 would only need a 4.2 stroke to get there. It would be marginally taller than a 5.0, and about 2 inches longer....no problem, and should be cheap if its going in trucks too...
Which 6.2 are you referring to?

Sponsored

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
And don't forget it was called the "BOSS" when it first came out.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
6.2 deck height = 9.410
5.4 deck height = 10.079
4.6, 5.0 deck height = 8.937

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
There's always the anniversary for the Cobra Jet that needs to be addressed next year, and even though Ford has passed on any substantial announcements this year at any major car event, there's always the Ford Nationals at Carlisle coming up...

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
6.2 deck height = 9.410
5.4 deck height = 10.079
4.6, 5.0 deck height = 8.937
I believe that's as wide, if not wider than the 5.4/5.8 which was said to be too large for S550. Someone in his backyard can make it fit but OEM have in-house standards they need to stick to. Like all the aftermarket turbo kits you can get for the Mustang. They're a dime a dozen but Ford are having trouble making them fit for that same reason.

Sponsored

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
I believe that's as wide, if not wider than the 5.4/5.8 which was said to be too large for S550. Someone in his backyard can make it fit but OEM have in-house standards they need to stick to. Like all the aftermarket turbo kits you can get for the Mustang. They're a dime a dozen but Ford are having trouble making them fit for that same reason.
Click on the link, you can clearly see the headers on that S197, something that is difficult to do on my Boss from that angle. I bet it would fit easily, but with 4V heads, it would be marginally tighter.

Ford doesn't like to throw things away, and the bore center tooling for that engine is relatively new, so, much like the coyote, some serious head redesign and an aluminum block would make that pig into a cheetah(think cast iron 2V mod to aluminum 4V voodoo). And by the way, those 2V heads on the 6.2 motors with cnc work go well past 400 cfm on the intake. That is far beyond the best race ported coyote. 4V or even a worked 2V on that bore diameter would match or exceed a ZL1 power wise with no boost. I think Ford would be dumb not to release a 3 year limited run of cars with that motor. A modern big block CJ would turn on the troops like nothing else could. Put the turbos on a 5.0. Give me a 7.0 NA beast that revs to 8000. It wouldn't be the first time a modified truck motor made it into a Mustang. Hell, I'll take a cast iron block, stroked, high compression, 2V cnc ported, cammed up, bargain priced 600 HP one and be happy.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I think Ford would be dumb not to release a 3 year limited run of cars with that motor. A modern big block CJ would turn on the troops like nothing else could.

As cool as that would be, the best I'd imagine you would ever see is a crate engine with no emissions compliance.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I expect ford will bring a winner regardless wether it's for me or not. I'm sure I'll love it but man, I don't want to purchase a car and 6 months later a NA giant comes out. I'll just wait and see i suppose. Still pondering this supposed ME corvette. Let's see if any of that happens.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I expect ford will bring a winner regardless wether it's for me or not. I'm sure I'll love it but man, I don't want to purchase a car and 6 months later a NA giant comes out. I'll just wait and see i suppose. Still pondering this supposed ME corvette. Let's see if any of that happens.
I'm on the other side of the fence Jim. (I've thought about a Z06, but I would have to do the Z07 package and I don't know if I could afford that bad boy. I'm sure there are certain Corvette dealerships that sell for great prices such as Kerbeck and such. I'm not really sure I'm a "Corvette guy" anyways. lol)
I'm pretty sure the mid-engine Corvette is coming out.

If the new GT500 isn't as much as of a brute as I expect/want it to be,.......I'm going Hellcat Challenger and possibly modding it. I want my next car to scare the sh*t out of me. :D :headbang:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Tony, im sure the next GT500/cobra/mach1 will have the 755 HP that was on the dash in those photos - minimum. I expect it will thrash a hellcat easy and beat a zl1 both ways as well.
Haha, even my 350 is scary if you get crazy enough with it, but yeah. I like laying rubber at 55 MPH too.
What I really like between my '14 GT500 and my GT350R is that it feels MUCH more nimble and predictable...especially when pushing it hard. I like to feel the car and I'm afraid if the next SE comes and it's 4000 lbs it's just not gonna feel as good to drive. Sure ...mashing the gas is great...burning rubber is fun but I want the car planted.. when taking a turn I want to lay into the throttle and feel that baby planted and little to no roll. I'm afraid of all the roll with that weight up front..
I hate to say it but this GT350 turned me into liking the feel of the car more than all out power. I think a 700HP NA car would be SO freaking cool....
I don't think it could get any better IMO.
It would be a must.
A 755- 1000 HP supercharged car just wouldn't get my juices flowing the same way in a 4000+ car. It would be fun, but not keeper fun, which is what we're all looking for. Keeper cars.
Sponsored