2019 GT350R ..Questions

RSPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
So I just upgraded to a 2019 GT350R from my regular 2019 GT350 ! KR711 is the build number and I just love the car ! Questions I had..

1.) It says that my car is up for shifter reverse lockout recall. Anybody gone through the hassle of getting this done at a dealer and what was it like and anything to watch out for with the Ford techs?

2.) Need to get some aftermarket/spare rims and tires ..Im thinking of getting the LMR SVE R350 with Pilot Sport 4S Tires..Is that a decent setup and what would you recommend as far as size? Any other recommendations? Is it a must to use a touchless mounter for the CF wheels or can the change be done through an experienced shop? I am in Northern PA and cannot find any shops with Hunter machines anywhere near my location!

Did I say I love the car?!

CA90AD82-879B-4D99-804F-45EB761973DE.jpeg
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I canā€™t speak for you but I noticed the difference in the car with the much lighter cf wheels over my regular 350 right away. I wouldnā€™t want to put something on that changed that. I bought a set of P51ā€™s for wet track days, but decided to either go magnesium or another set of cfā€™s. The P51ā€™s were very light, and inexpensive. There are lots of other choices but the price goes up quite a bit. My BCForged are really light as well, but do cost more. I have my own tire and balance setup and someone that is experienced(needs to be very) can do it safely. On the lockout recall make sure the tech doesnā€™t damage the trim ring removing it. Its very easy and almost impossible to get it out without breaking one of the clips. Beautiful car!

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
just throwing this out there as this was my solution when the ring was damaged before my ownership. shift boot collar / retainer
1631850820878.png

Drafty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R
I also had a recall notice for my '19 and I called a dealer about it. They said they'll check for any issues and if they find one fix it. They didn't seem to on the up and up about it. Been minimizing people taking apart my car so I probably won't take it in for the fix unless I start having issues.

For rims/tires, I also have the LMR replicas. If you like the original look of the CF it's the way to go. I have the same set. But looking back I would have went with something different initially just to change up the look. I have Sigs now.

Nice color btw. White was my first preference.

RetiredFireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition Package #L0350

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Congratz on the purchase and welcome to the club.

For my alternate shoes on the 16R I had, I used Forgestar wheels that were 19x11ā€™s on each corner and 295/40r19 all around. That setup worked out fine on my car.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
You donā€™t need a shop with a Hunter. I get mine down as Les Schwab. The most experienced guy at my local shop does itā€”they actually have a touchless machine, but he never uses it. He is very careful and uses plastic grommets and lots of towels when working on the wheels. I.E., a touchless machine is not necessary if you have a tech who is very knowledgeable and who is focused on protecting your wheels.

Last edited:

maximumtr0ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GX 460
So I just upgraded to a 2019 GT350R from my regular 2019 GT350 ! KR711 is the build number and I just love the car ! Questions I had..

1.) It says that my car is up for shifter reverse lockout recall. Anybody gone through the hassle of getting this done at a dealer and what was it like and anything to watch out for with the Ford techs?

2.) Need to get some aftermarket/spare rims and tires ..Im thinking of getting the LMR SVE R350 with Pilot Sport 4S Tires..Is that a decent setup and what would you recommend as far as size? Any other recommendations? Is it a must to use a touchless mounter for the CF wheels or can the change be done through an experienced shop? I am in Northern PA and cannot find any shops with Hunter machines anywhere near my location!

Did I say I love the car?!

CA90AD82-879B-4D99-804F-45EB761973DE.jpeg
Oh wow congrats! This the one from Illinois right?

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Great color combo !!! mine is the same combo.
i also got the notice for the shifter. I refuse to let the dealership touch it Only way Iā€™d consider it is if I start having issues. then I might go with an aftermarket option And do the install myself.

as far as the wheels, I took off my carbon fiber wheels as well and went with replicas. Make sure to get the ones which offer enough clearance for the front brake calipers !!

Sponsored
OP
OP
RSPerformance

RSPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Great color combo !!! mine is the same combo.
i also got the notice for the shifter. I refuse to let the dealership touch it Only way Iā€™d consider it is if I start having issues. then I might go with an aftermarket option And do the install myself.

as far as the wheels, I took off my carbon fiber wheels as well and went with replicas. Make sure to get the ones which offer enough clearance for the front brake calipers !!
Did you need spacers or just buy the right ones from LMR that fit GT350/R specific?

OP
OP
RSPerformance

RSPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
You donā€™t need a shop with a Hunter. I get mine down as Les Schwab. The most experienced guy at my local shop does itā€”they actually have a touchless machine, but he never uses it. He is very careful and uses plastic grommets and lots of towels when working on the wheels. I.E., a touchless machine is not necessary if you have a tech who is very knowledgeable and who is focused on protecting your wheels.
Its hard to find a solid trustworthy guy in the wheel/tire shop industry..

OP
OP
RSPerformance

RSPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I've been mulling over looking at the other one that they had there. How was the experience with that seller? Congrats again!
Go for it! I believe the twin to mine is still for sale. The folks over at Illinois Motors are great, I traded in my 19 regular GT350 for this one and I did everything from my phone sitting in PA. Got a nice discount as well as shipping to me thrown in! PM me if you want the direct number to the guy I dealt with.

maximumtr0ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GX 460
Go for it! I believe the twin to mine is still for sale. The folks over at Illinois Motors are great, I traded in my 19 regular GT350 for this one and I did everything from my phone sitting in PA. Got a nice discount as well as shipping to me thrown in! PM me if you want the direct number to the guy I dealt with.
Yea I think it's still on sale. I'm still under my post limit for PMs... but if you don't mind, can you PM me your contact? Would appreciate it!
Sponsored