2019 gt350r oil change question

TeamDonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Trackhawk, 2016 Charger Hellcat, 2019 GT350R
hi all, I have a 2019 GT350r purchased w/800 miles. Guy had it in a collection until 2022 and did not run it much. Oil / Filter is original from the factory and never changed. i'm going to be putting some miles on this year and doing some track days, do you all recommend an oil change asap or should i let the original oil run in a bit more before changing? any advice here is appreciated! thanks
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
hi all, I have a 2019 GT350r purchased w/800 miles. Guy had it in a collection until 2022 and did not run it much. Oil / Filter is original from the factory and never changed. i'm going to be putting some miles on this year and doing some track days, do you all recommend an oil change asap or should i let the original oil run in a bit more before changing? any advice here is appreciated! thanks
Sounds like it’s time for for the oil change after break-in, which a lot of guys complete around 1,000 mile mark. Better safe than sorry.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
It’s a no brainer. Change oil and filter

Sponsored

Specracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Adding on to the pile, yes, I agree, that I would change it now. Congrats on the acquisition.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
It is generally recommended to change the motor oil once a year, even if the car isn't driven much. You've got engine oil that is between 3-4 years old. Go ahead and change it now.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ford requires the oil to be changed at least once a year. With that said, I had a sample analyzed that was similar to yours and it came back 100% perfectly fine. Everything was like it was new oil, to include moisture.

That is to make you feel good about the owner having not changed the oil. I will say that right about where you are now is where I would change the oil because it is break in oil. Get that out of the car and start fresh.

Congrats on the purchase.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Blackstone will tell you they never see an oil go bad at some random (1 year) arbitrary number alone. 1 year or X mile oil changes are revenue driven. Everyone can wear their own big boy pants, but all my vehicle oil change frequencies are based off actual analysis and none of them are time driven; for this reason. They may be boredom driven, but....LOL

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Blackstone will tell you they never see an oil go bad at some random (1 year) arbitrary number alone. 1 year or X mile oil changes are revenue driven. Everyone can wear their own big boy pants, but all my vehicle oil change frequencies are based off actual analysis and none of them are time driven; for this reason. They may be boredom driven, but....LOL
So do you send out an oil sample, wait for the results and then decide if you should change or not?
What is the cost and turn around time ?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I do the sample at the time of an oil change, and then adjust on the following one based off their recommendations. I've done enough on all my vehicles to establish a "darn close enough" baseline that suits my needs. I think they're around $35-40 and results in a day or two after they receive the sample.
Sponsored