Sponsored

2019 GT350 Upgrades: Tech, Aerodynamics and Other GT500 Track Improvements

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
WOW!! I love the changes and it really pleases me that Ford decided to do some updates on the GT350.

Should be interesting to find out how many of them are sold.

No listed engine changes... I'm glad there will be more Voodoos out there.
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
So, what does this mean for the "R"? Upgrades also? Obviously they aren't changing the Spoiler or front aero (or so I would assume since it's already different).
Or another school of thought or angle is.... will there still be a GT350R for MY2019?

The gap is now narrowed, after all. I guess we'll all find out sooner or later, like what or if...

:popcorn:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ok ford this is getting beyond a joke. Why no export gt350 again!!! You have an export spec GT. How hard can it be to do an export gt350? You have managed to get it through carb approval so I doubt itā€™s emissions related. All the export gt parts e.g clear rear lights and mirrors could be fitted to an export spec gt350. You wouldnā€™t even have to worry about RHD as Iā€™m sure most rhd markets would happily buy lhd, so itā€™s not down to steering rack or headers. It canā€™t be crash test related as the 2018 managed to get a lower hood. Hell we would even buy it if you fitted a stock coyote motor as long as the rest was genuine gt350 and we could buy a gt350 manifold kit. If there is a genuine reason it cannot be officially exported then please let us know so Iā€™m not holding out in vain hope.
Well for 2018 I do know that the REAL reason why the Mustang's headlights were redesigned was to meet new headlight regulations in Europe. But for all Shelby cars, they've always focused on the North American market. And as we can see, "no complaints about the design" so it's being kept as is.

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Wonder why they didn't go the digital dash route for the GT350?

I bet it's a completely new harness for the car and probably only engineered for the 18s at this point. Sure, they could but...

Overall, I like the improvements and I'm glad Billy and team were able to get more out of the platform. I don't like the new wheels and wing (styling-wise) enough to wait for a 19. I'm still going to scoop up a 17/18 below MSRP and then tweak on it with a few tasteful mods using Ford's 19 improvements as a guide.

Time to sell my American Iron car!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The wrapped dash and upgraded interior would be a must have for me on this list of upgrades... but with all they are doing to the GT350, it still won't have the very unique/expensive CF wheels. I know this has been argued at length here, but the unsprung weight savings these bring can't be overlooked when thinking the MY19 may perform at the same level. (I do think it will be close, however). :)

Last edited:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The wrapped dash and upgraded interior would be a must have for me on this list of upgrades... but with all they are doing to the GT350, it still won't have the very unique/expensive CF wheels. I know this has been argued at length here, but the unsprung weight savings these bring can't be overlooked when thinking the MY19 is may perform at the same level. (I do think it will be close, however). :)
If that's the case, what beyond CF wheels do you think would be required for the 2019 to match (or exceed) previous MY R's?

BillyJRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The wrapped dash and upgraded interior would be a must have for me on this list of upgrades... but with all they are doing to the GT350, it still won't have the very unique/expensive CF wheels. I know this has been argued at length here, but the unsprung weight savings these bring can't be overlooked when thinking the MY19 is may perform at the same level. (I do think it will be close, however). :)
Don't forget the carbon wheels are stiffer (less camber loss from deflection) and have less rotational inertia and gyroscopic effect.

If that's the case, what beyond CF wheels do you think would be required for the 2019 to match (or exceed) previous MY R's?
The 19 GT350's PSC2's are not as track-focused as the GT350R's (PSC2's can vary GREATLY in size, tread depth, tread design, construction, compound, etc...
They're not all the same, and are actually far from it). They're also not as wide.

The R still has more downforce.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I believe all the updates are welcomed and will show improvements. As to how much remains to be seen. An Educated guess would be the 19 GT350 gains around a second or so, if that, around most courses. I am happy Ford made suttle upgrades to the car. And the Colors!!! The new colors are DOPE!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
They don't make or ship cars with Cup2s in the winter.
Even though this will be a Cup2 tire I would suggest that they will be somewhat different than the Cup2's in numerous aspects with respect to the tires that come on our R models therefore winter assembly and shipping may not be an issue with this new tire.

;)

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
... and I like this:

A new high-performance, custom-tuned 12-speaker B&O PLAY audio system by HARMAN is now available for the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350, controlled via the now standard 8-inch SYNCĀ® 3 touch screen that features SiriusXM and FordPassā„¢ Connect. Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control is now standard, along with a universal garage door opener.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Agreed! I think the R is dead. By dead I mean production of the R ends with my 18.
Harold, could be wrong but suggest that their will be an R model for the 2019MY.

:gossip:
Sponsored