Sponsored

2019 GT350 Upgrades: Tech, Aerodynamics and Other GT500 Track Improvements

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Sounds like some great improvements - that grille block-off is right from the R and the press release talks about some trickle-down benefits from the GT500 development project.

Mix all that up with a bunch of tech from the recent Mustang refresh - maybe the digital dash that many have asked for - and it'll likely put a few more crossover owners (i.e., imports) in the seat of a GT350.

As for the R, my crystal ball wild guess is that the GT PP2 is now very close to the prior 350, the '19 350 will be close to the R, and the R will go away as the GT500 becomes the new king of the Mustang lineup (perhaps with it's own R version down the road).
Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Negatory. Doesn't fit the profile for the 350. Too much weight as per Hameedi and Nar. I know both are gone but still, a dual clutch for one derivative one year one retrofit? Eh...sounds like a bad investment to me.
Like PDK doesn't fit the profile for the GT3 RS.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I said it before. The engineers that worked on the initial GT350 development program saw no benefit to a cross-drilled rotor and didn't want them. Their "boss" however did. Once he was no longer in a position to dictate form over function (in this specific case) the engineers won out. What you see now is the result. Question is...which will be less expensive to buy from Ford Parts and Service, given that the dimensions will remain the same, the old cross-drilled rotor or the new non-drilled?
If the P1 and F1 cars make do without cross drilling, so can we. I think the gas pocket issues where cross drilling allowed for those buildups to escape are a thing of the past now. More material means more thermal capacity too.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Like PDK doesn't fit the profile for the GT3 RS.
Hey, don't argue with me, it wasn't my call. Talk to the boys upstairs. Right from Jamal Hameedi's mouth, a dual clutch unit was originally intended as an option right from the starting line but didn't meet weight criteria.

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Hey, don't argue with me, it wasn't my call. Talk to the boys upstairs. Right from Jamal Hameedi's mouth, a dual clutch unit was originally intended as an option right from the starting line but didn't meet weight criteria.
He would say that but not sure that's the full or only reason. I'm only speculating here - the cost to engineer it would have blown the price out. Maybe now that the leg work's been done with GT500 it would be less of a burden cost-wise.

I'm glad you quoted him though... I wasn't aware he said that.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There are no real downsides to "Blank" rotors, and they greatly improve pad life compared to slotted or drilled rotors.

The damper and (ESPECIALLY) the ABS re-calibrations are significant. Trail-brake rotation!
Anything the 15-18 cars can upgrade to?

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
Dealers are praising Jesus now that they can bump up the you know whats again.
You think there is enough change here to warrant That? I'm expecting the 19 to be a significant jump in price for a base car. I have been waiting to see what the 19 would bring to replace my 18 but seeing this I think I will grab a leftover 17 or 18. Don't like the new wheels or spoiler either

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
A guy who should know tells me that I'm wrong on my prognostication that the R will go away in '19. He says that production of '18 R models will end with the upcoming July shutdown, then resume with '19 MY versions of the R model.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Good to finally see the release. I wouldn’t recommend anyone dump their current car though. Lightweight wheels, sticky tires, DSC controller, springs, and swag bars on any 15-18 GT350 will bring it up to date.

Bunch of trickle down tech from the R. Same recalibrations they did on the R were mostly due to the increased ability of the SC2 tire. Front grille aero also being the same now.

That rear wing is something I need to see in person. I see they didn’t want to depart from the existing hole design for the current trunks.

The R will still continue for 19. Great time to be a car guy.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Ok ford this is getting beyond a joke. Why no export gt350 again!!! You have an export spec GT. How hard can it be to do an export gt350? You have managed to get it through carb approval so I doubt it’s emissions related. All the export gt parts e.g clear rear lights and mirrors could be fitted to an export spec gt350. You wouldn’t even have to worry about RHD as I’m sure most rhd markets would happily buy lhd, so it’s not down to steering rack or headers. It can’t be crash test related as the 2018 managed to get a lower hood. Hell we would even buy it if you fitted a stock coyote motor as long as the rest was genuine gt350 and we could buy a gt350 manifold kit. If there is a genuine reason it cannot be officially exported then please let us know so I’m not holding out in vain hope.
Sponsored