Sponsored

2019 GT350 Twin Turbo?

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
The biggest issue to watch for with any form of boost addition to a GT350 used on track is heat build up. Boost adds heat to the incoming air that in turn needs to then be cooled back down. The intercooler goes in front of the radiator but that may have negative impact on overall engine cooling capabilities. It also means more heat load on the engine itself in coolant and oil. Bigger coolers are then possibly needed. I have tracked turbo cars (2015 & 2019 Subaru WRX STI) as well as NA (GT350). The STI was a constant battle with heat management on even a 70-80 degree day when some simple stage 2 bolt ons are introduced for more power on track. Try to make it through a full 20 minute session without overheating. My GT350 will run day in day out no matter how hot for full 20 minute sessions. The only thing it needs is gas during the day sessions. I cringe at adding boost to such a great track setup NA car. Just look what Ford did to add boost and make 760 Hp repeatable in the same conditions the GT350 can run in. They added 400 lbs to the car in the supercharger, intercooler and much larger coolers for oil and coolant. The thing is a fast beast but 4000 lbs out on the track is ALOT of weight to dance with. She requires even bigger brakes to slow down and even wider tires to stick. Not to mention wearing brakes and tires down even faster with the weight.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DDrivenShelby

DDrivenShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raj
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I appreciate all the inputs..I am still on the line and am leaning heavily towards jst buying a 22 GT500. It seems that the 350s are not built for boost and the compression ratio of 12:1 is another factor to think abt when dealing with forced induction. I have the Gen 2 Voodoo engine and only hve 7K miles on it so far..hate to wave goodbye to a warranty with still plenty of life left..but then again they say these new upgraded blocks can handle 12 psi boost. I dont track my car but I do like to drive it hard and chase backroads with curves and twists. Anybody with twin turbos or even a supercharger setup with a good amount of miles on it please chime in and tell me how youve fared !