First Name
Raj
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Lately I have been mulling over two options:

Get a new GT500

Or

Twin Turbo my 2019 GT350

I love my car and its a blast to drive the 6spd but I really want that extra power. But reliable power.
I see that a quite a few people have boosted their GT350s whether it be supercharger or twin turbos and want to receive your honest inputs. The biggest thing Im obviously worried about is the warranty of the car. I also want to retain the carā€™s iconic track features and not just turn it into a car that drives fast in a straight line. I have been looking into the 800R Twin Turbo kit by Fathouse Fabrications. Do you think I should go down this route or just turn around sacrifice the manual transmission and buy a GT500?
Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
If warranty is your concern, you still have another year of bumper to bumper, and then a few more on power train which this would delete. So if warranty is your concern, buy a 500.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I was in the same boat. My first choice was Fathouse as well. I decided against the 500 because I didnā€™t want to give up the manual. Fathouseā€™s setups are very nice and very slick. Ultimately I cheaped out, if you can call it that, and went the supercharger direction. Iā€™m going the Whipple route, just waiting for some free time to install it. Iā€™m going to set it up as much as I can to track it if I want to. Bigger radiator, suspension mods, etc. The reality is if I do put it on a road course I will probably change the pulley to take some of the power out, putting it in the 6-650 range. The car will for sure do some mile events. Iā€™m not concerned with the warranty. That Iā€™m sure could be hard for some.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I can't advise, but I plan on going TT 100%. I have a couple years left on my powertrain warrenty. Once that's up she's headed to the shop.

I'm lazily looking around at options now trying to get a plan together. Fathouse kit looks pretty good though.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Fathouse looks absolutely amazing.ā€¦You get what you pay for. Plus they recommend other upgrades to handle the extra power. A lot more to it than just slapping on more power. Tuning, cooling, chassis and suspension just to name three.
Iā€™m no wrench except for the basics so doing it myself is an absolute no.

Trevor@FatFab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo GT350
Lately I have been mulling over two options:

Get a new GT500

Or

Twin Turbo my 2019 GT350

I love my car and its a blast to drive the 6spd but I really want that extra power. But reliable power.
I see that a quite a few people have boosted their GT350s whether it be supercharger or twin turbos and want to receive your honest inputs. The biggest thing Im obviously worried about is the warranty of the car. I also want to retain the carā€™s iconic track features and not just turn it into a car that drives fast in a straight line. I have been looking into the 800R Twin Turbo kit by Fathouse Fabrications. Do you think I should go down this route or just turn around sacrifice the manual transmission and buy a GT500?
It is hard to beat a GT350 with turbos! I would be more than happy to go over all of our packages with you.

Phone: 317-422-1660
Email: [email protected]

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Coming from someone who drives a turbo car quite often (albeit a miniscule 200 hp) - I don't think turbos and track days mix that well. If the electronics can be set up so that your car makes very linear and predictable power, then yes turbos great.

Otherwise, superchargers are better known for repeatable and predictable/smooth power. I think that's a key factor to making a car fun to drive hard on track.

Unless you are a really gifted driver - then don't worry about non-linear power delivery.

I personally think turbos are cooler. I like the rush of power as well. But it can be a little difficult to control when it comes on.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I am in the exact same boat. 2017 GT350 tho with 32K miles (23K on the second motor, which has been great with oil consumption). Also looking at Fathouse Fab - either their 800R supercharger or twin-turbo. Would also go for the MoTeC tune.

Trevor@FatFab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo GT350
I am in the exact same boat. 2017 GT350 tho with 32K miles (23K on the second motor, which has been great with oil consumption). Also looking at Fathouse Fab - either their 800R supercharger or twin-turbo. Would also go for the MoTeC tune.
Rick feel free to give me a call sometime and we can chat about our supercharger & twin turbo packages.

317-422-1660

Trevor

Sponsored

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I am also leaning toward twin turbos, it works well for Porsche and look how well they track.

GTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am also leaning toward twin turbos, it works well for Porsche and look how well they track.
Mclarens as well. I would love to drive one and see about the responsiveness. Do the turbos not lag, yet make power to redline or near redline?

Porsche benefits from the Variable Turbine Geometry which enables greater response, less lag, and larger power band.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You can definitely track Porsches and yes many are turbocharged. IIRC, the dedicated Porsche track cars like the GT3 are naturally aspirated, though.

The 911 Turbo has always been more of a GT car, not specifically for track use but still extremely fast and capable.

Nothing wrong with turboing. I think it's great.

GTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You can definitely track Porsches and yes many are turbocharged. IIRC, the dedicated Porsche track cars like the GT3 are naturally aspirated, though.

The 911 Turbo has always been more of a GT car, not specifically for track use but still extremely fast and capable.

Nothing wrong with turboing. I think it's great.
Agreed for the most part. The GT3 and GT3 RS are the common folksā€™ Porsche track car, however they have the GT2 and GT2 RS that sit above them as the brandā€™s fastest production car around a track. The latter two are great track cars, but more exclusive and more expensive so they donā€™t ha e the same track rep.

Seemingly similar comparison would be GT350R vs GT500 CFTP.
Sponsored