2019 GT350 In production!

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
It includes a gurney flap and adjustable strut mounts (dealer installed accessory), supposedly. I was just curious if people were really big on getting that package or not.

As a point of reference, the dealer gets the Vin number when it is on the manufacturing schedule so delivery could be late April or May given that Feb builds are late April.
Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
It includes a gurney flap and adjustable strut mounts (dealer installed accessory), supposedly. I was just curious if people were really big on getting that package or not.[/QUOT
It includes a gurney flap and adjustable strut mounts (dealer installed accessory), supposedly. I was just curious if people were really big on getting that package or not.
I don't think it had any bearing on whether you get an early car or not I didn't order it on mine and still got a priority 10 from my dealer which means it will be built as soon as possible along with any other dealer ordered cars. If you plan to track the car the handling package will be helpful but for any other scenario the gurney flap will increase drag on your car and also in my opinion doesn't look that good attached to the underside of the spoiler. As far the the adjustable strut top mounts I believe that is for the 350R only and the GT5000.

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it had any bearing on whether you get an early car or not I didn't order it on mine and still got a priority 10 from my dealer which means it will be built as soon as possible along with any other dealer ordered cars. If you plan to track the car the handling package will be helpful but for any other scenario the gurney flap will increase drag on your car and also in my opinion doesn't look that good attached to the underside of the spoiler. As far the the adjustable strut top mounts I believe that is for the 350R only and the GT5000.

I specifically asked about the adjustable struts and was told that that is indeed part of what you are paying for with the handling option. We will see.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I specifically asked about the adjustable struts and was told that that is indeed part of what you are paying for with the handling option. We will see.
You are probably right then Ford could explain a lot of things better. Interested to see if the adjustable struts are something worth buying after the fact since they are shipped seperately and a dealer installed accessory keep us updated. Was planning on buying the gurney flap after a year or so when I would be tracking the car more.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Any of you guys with production dates have 350Rs? Iā€™m trying to figure out when Rs will be built, as they used to be held until March.
-J

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Any of you guys with production dates have 350Rs? Iā€™m trying to figure out when Rs will be built, as they used to be held until March.
-J
On the official Ford order forms that were emailed to me by my dealer detailing options etc on the sheet it had 350R (Late Availability 2019) no idea what that timeframe means but if I had to guess to compensate for the GT500 production I could see it being available to order early April as soon as the first round of normal Gt350s start to land until most likely around September at the latest

Dan206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51, ā€˜62 VW, ā€˜20 Raptor
I also have an assigned vin number and a production and delivery date. The production date is the week of 2/25. Don't think the type tires make any difference. They need to produce the cars and fill the orders so they can get paid. They do have a defined production window and will need to stay to that schedule in order to accommodate the production of the new GT500. My understanding this how the scheduling process worked historically.
Who gave you the information (vin number and production and delivery date)? Today, Ford Performance still says no production dates for 2019 GT350s are scheduled.

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Who gave you the information (vin number and production and delivery date)? Today, Ford Performance still says no production dates for 2019 GT350s are scheduled.
I received a screen shot of the internal dealer tracking report that included vin number, build week, plant location, and estimated delivery date.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
You guys mind sharing your order dates along with dates you got the vin's? I recall reading they only update new vins scheduled once a week, is that accurate?

Sponsored

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Gold wing 2020 f-150 pro stock mustang. 2019 Shelby gt 350
Just got a call from the dealer (Diffee Ford) said production was due to start on my car
February 25 to March 2

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
3 years ago, I was almost 6 months into waiting for my 16. Now Iā€™ve had it for 2.5 years..time flys.

Excited for you guys. I hated and enjoyed the wait and anticipation. ;)

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
Iā€™m scheduled to have my 2019 GT350 delivered around March 24th. Was told they started the build today.

Now to find a buyer for my 2016 EcoBoost Mustang before the beast comes.