Sponsored

2019 GT350 and Gt350R production numbers.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My car was delivered on 9/1/2019, I didn’t order it, just searched the internet for it over Labor Day weekend. I know it was delivered that day because the sales rep who contacted me on Labor Day said he’d be happy to meet me at the dealer on Monday, Labor Day, to show it to me but I would have to overlook the conditioned since it just arrived. I went to see it on Labor Day and it was filthy from just being removed from the hauler, but that didn’t matter. I made a deal a day or two later and took delivery of KR785 on 9/7/2019. So how is it possible that @ShelBoss took delivery of a chassis number that is 813 numbers before mine. If they are sequential I would have guessed he would have been given a much later number. I understand he ordered in Oct 2018, which the chassis number would make sense but is he saying all R’s were this delayed in shipping? I’m not debating anything just curious and asking a question.
I am having a difficult time understanding what your question is but maybe it is just me?

It looks as though you have a very late 2019 R model namely chassis # KR785 and took delivery in September of 2019 which makes complete sense but trying to understand how @ShelBoss fits into your question?

What chassis number does @ShelBoss have (813 numbers before yours??) and maybe that will help me understand your question?

:)
Sponsored

ShelBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
My car was delivered on 9/1/2019, I didn’t order it, [...text deleted for brevity...]. I made a deal a day or two later and took delivery of KR785 on 9/7/2019. So how is it possible that @ShelBoss took delivery of a chassis number that is 813 numbers before mine. If they are sequential I would have guessed he would have been given a much later number. I understand he ordered in Oct 2018, which the chassis number would make sense but is he saying all R’s were this delayed in shipping? I’m not debating anything just curious and asking a question.
@meterman I concur and agree. Part of the problem I believe is Ford has not said much. Like an episode of "Now it Can Be Told" (an old Geraldo Rivera TV show), I relayed the events as they occurred for me. But I only know what they told me. What I believe happened is *some* GT350Rs ran into production problems and were put on hold while they worked them out. That would explain continued production of other cars, and the advancing of chassis numbers. I base this on what Ford told me AND the fact that the next sequential VIN car got the same story I did. And in truth, due to several personal factors it was fortuitous that my '19 GT350R was not delivered earlier. I still think that a car that was ordered in September 2018, should have been delivered to my receiving dealer before August 2019. But the actual events that took place / happened over that period of time, probably won't be revealed for some time.

Just for fun, can we estimate 2015 - 2020 (6 model years) how many GT350 & GT350Rs were built / sold, and compare that to the total number of Mustangs build / sold over that period with the best information we have available now? I put together this draft spreadsheet for just that purpose (see attached). Based on the best information I have, something like 20-21,000 GT350s were made where about 3,000 were Rs, as compared to about 500,000 Mustangs made over those 6 model years. This means that GT350s accounted for roughly 4% of all Mustang sales and Rs accounted for about 0.6%.

While those numbers are low, compared with 1965-1970 Shelby American production of GT350s & GT500s (13,767) versus the total number of Mustangs sold in that period (2,568,633) is 0.53%. Interestingly, Boss 302 production was limited to just 2 years (2012-13) following the 1969-70 precedent, manufacturing only 8,289 cars, similar to the 1969-70 production (8,641) - just 4.5% of the 181,386 total Mustangs made. So if my estimated numbers are right, at least Ford is consistent over the past 8 years.

One would have to ask the question "if these cars are that rare, why aren't they holding more value"? To that I answer two factors:
1) The GT500 and other cars being introduced just after the GT350s provide more performance every year
2) Just wait; they will. I believe a $75K GT350R from 2015-20 will be worth multiples of it's price new eventually - like 2035-50.

More importantly, I don't care. I wanted one, I got one and got to be the first one to sit in it, drive it, flog it on a track. The only thing that disappoints me is this moment didn't happen when Carroll Shelby was alive; I was 7 years too late.

Attachments

ShelBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am having a difficult time understanding what your question is but maybe it is just me?

It looks as though you have a very late 2019 R model namely chassis # KR785 and took delivery in September of 2019 which makes complete sense but trying to understand how @ShelBoss fits into your question?

What chassis number does @ShelBoss have (813 numbers before yours??) and maybe that will help me understand your question?

My VIN ends 0815; my chassis # is KR072

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785

All I was trying to ascertain is why @ShelBoss chassis was 813 chassis build before mind but delivered within 30 days of mine. @ShelBoss answered that question following you post.

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
@meterman I concur and agree. Part of the problem I believe is Ford has not said much. Like an episode of "Now it Can Be Told" (an old Geraldo Rivera TV show), I relayed the events as they occurred for me. But I only know what they told me. What I believe happened is *some* GT350Rs ran into production problems and were put on hold while they worked them out. That would explain continued production of other cars, and the advancing of chassis numbers. I base this on what Ford told me AND the fact that the next sequential VIN car got the same story I did. And in truth, due to several personal factors it was fortuitous that my '19 GT350R was not delivered earlier. I still think that a car that was ordered in September 2018, should have been delivered to my receiving dealer before August 2019. But the actual events that took place / happened over that period of time, probably won't be revealed for some time.

Just for fun, can we estimate 2015 - 2020 (6 model years) how many GT350 & GT350Rs were built / sold, and compare that to the total number of Mustangs build / sold over that period with the best information we have available now? I put together this draft spreadsheet for just that purpose (see attached). Based on the best information I have, something like 20-21,000 GT350s were made where about 3,000 were Rs, as compared to about 500,000 Mustangs made over those 6 model years. This means that GT350s accounted for roughly 4% of all Mustang sales and Rs accounted for about 0.6%.

While those numbers are low, compared with 1965-1970 Shelby American production of GT350s & GT500s (13,767) versus the total number of Mustangs sold in that period (2,568,633) is 0.53%. Interestingly, Boss 302 production was limited to just 2 years (2012-13) following the 1969-70 precedent, manufacturing only 8,289 cars, similar to the 1969-70 production (8,641) - just 4.5% of the 181,386 total Mustangs made. So if my estimated numbers are right, at least Ford is consistent over the past 8 years.

One would have to ask the question "if these cars are that rare, why aren't they holding more value"? To that I answer two factors:
1) The GT500 and other cars being introduced just after the GT350s provide more performance every year
2) Just wait; they will. I believe a $75K GT350R from 2015-20 will be worth multiples of it's price new eventually - like 2035-50.

More importantly, I don't care. I wanted one, I got one and got to be the first one to sit in it, drive it, flog it on a track. The only thing that disappoints me is this moment didn't happen when Carroll Shelby was alive; I was 7 years too late.
Yeah, that makes sense. It seems off they had build issues and didn’t apply to fix to your car way earlier in the year rather than make you wait almost a year from when you ordered it. At least you have it and are enjoying it as opposed to others who have engine issues. I’ve got a friend who’s got a 2017 GT350 and it’s been at the dealer at least a month while they screw around and replace the engine.

Sponsored

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Thanks for the attached spreadsheet and it will be nice to know exactly how many R's that the FRAP built for the 2019 MY and suggest not many more than the ~800 cars that you are showing on your spreadsheet but until the official numbers are in it is hard to say for sure.

I suggest that when the smoke clears that the total production numbers for the R models over the 6 MY's may be as high as ~3,500 cars and that is based on the 325 R's that have already received a VIN for the 2020 MY and we still have another ~3 months of production to go.

Of course the most valuable of the second generation R models will be the 37 cars built for the 2015 MY and that was confirmed just this last Friday with John Atzbach's 2015 R model ending up at $148,500.

I inspected this car very closely this last week and even though it was in decent shape it but had some paint missing and a small ding on the right front wheel well and if I recall correctly it also had ~6,500 miles on it therefore suggest that the price for this R model was very good for the seller based on being driven a number of miles.

With respect to the total number of 2012/2013 Boss 302's that were assembled back in 2010, 2011 and 2012 the actual production numbers was 8,395 cars over that 2 MY period.

Of that number there were 57 Boss 302's built in 2010 as 2012 models and 45 Boss 302's built in 2011 as 2013 models.

cantdrive55

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R, 96 Viper GTS
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone get the build sheet table that shows 2019 options, colors, by model?
It's only been about 1 year since Ford stopped building the 2019 model year GT350s...

Unbelievable that they haven't released 2019 production numbers yet; just how inept is Ford Corporate?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It's only been about 1 year since Ford stopped building the 2019 model year GT350s...

Unbelievable that they haven't released 2019 production numbers yet; just how inept is Ford Corporate?
Besides pretty much all of FP who have all been working from home for many months now there is certain criteria that must be met before confirmed production numbers are launched for the previous MY.

As far as when the very last 2019 GT350/R's were built, it has not been a year yet and suggest that the very last 2019 cars were assembled right up and until around the being of September of 2019.

I get your frustration and especially since you have a 2019 R model but the delay of production numbers for any previous MY certainly is nothing new with FR or FP.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Last edited:

Sponsored

cantdrive55

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R, 96 Viper GTS
Vehicle Showcase
Besides pretty much all of FP who have all been working from home for many months now there is certain criteria that must be met before confirmed production numbers are launched for the previous MY.

As far as when the very last 2019 GT350/R's were built, it has not been a year yet and suggest that the very last 2019 cars were assembled right up and until around the being of September of 2019.

I get your frustration and especially since you have a 2019 R model but the delay of production numbers for any previous MY certainly is nothing new with FR or FP.

I too have been working from home since March, however if I failed to do my job in a timely manner, equipment fails and people could die.

You're right, it hasn't been a year, it's only been about 10 and a half months. Still unbelievable that Ford cannot figure out how many cars they built in a model year. One doesn't need to work from the office to sort through data.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I too have been working from home since March, however if I failed to do my job in a timely manner, equipment fails and people could die.

You're right, it hasn't been a year, it's only been about 10 and a half months. Still unbelievable that Ford cannot figure out how many cars they built in a model year. One doesn't need to work from the office to sort through data.
I suggest that there is a significant difference between your responsibility of whereby equipment could fail and as a result people could possibly die versus an individual at FP not getting various production numbers out to us in a timely fashion after which this is certainly not life or death by any means.

It is my understanding that there is one individual who compiles these very detailed GT350/R production numbers each year and based on the challenges over the last ~6 months this person has a great deal on their plate and are presently focused in another direction at this point.

Bottom line is he will get the production numbers processed in due course and in the mean time we will just have to be patient and wait a little while longer this year.

:like::like:

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS INFO!!!!!

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS INFO!!!!!
Me Too... I'm surprised we have not seen figures already?

"Me Too" Disclaimer
This is not another endeavor to contort the initially well-affianced asseverations of this coterie to which over time have manifested into a vexatious casuists due to assiduity Strumpets who have paltered just for attention.

Hard to Read Disclaimer Disclaimer
Sorry...!

Last edited:

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Me Too... I'm surprised we have not seen figures already?
"Me Too" Disclaimer
This is not another endeavor to contort the initially well-affianced asseverations of this coterie to which over time have manifested into an vexatious casuists due to assiduity Strumpets who have paltered just for attention.

Hard to Read Disclaimer Disclaimer
Sorry...!
My gut says 2019 will be more then we expect. Maybe they are stalling with the figures to try to keep the 'exclusive" vibe going, when it isn't so much
Sponsored