Sponsored

2019 GT without drive modes? You can get them still!

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
So, to start off I bought my car without doing the research I should have done. I knew I wanted white; I knew I wanted a performance pack car, but I didn’t know I should have at least gotten the 301A group!

Last May I buy my car, a 2019 white PP1 A10 with active exhaust! I’m thrilled! Then I keep reading about the drive modes, and once the excitement of the new car wears off, I realize, crap my car doesn’t have them. I didn’t do my research. I figured there must be a way, I dig online and find this forum and low and behold I now have a way.

I look on YouTube and notice it’s an east job, but I was blown away at the prices $1899, $1500, $1250 and you still don’t get your drive modes!! I keep looking and find Harness by Hextall (sponsor on here).

I message him and he says the 2019 is different and don’t require a harness, he gives me a price, tells me I get the drive modes and I buy!

It did take Ford awhile for my bezel as it was on back order, but I received my kit last week and installed it myself in about 30 min (very easy!).

I then do a remote session with Hextall and wham! I have Sync 3.3 and all the drive modes!

Lesson: if you are in the market to buy do yourself a favor and at least get the 301A group.

If you find your dream car and it’s a 300A you still have options!

I did take pics along the way but I don't know how to post the photo's yet so I'll add them later on.
Big thanks to Thomas at Hextall!
Sponsored

Dans5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10, PP1, Steeda H Pipe, Whipple Stage2 Supercharger
So, to start off I bought my car without doing the research I should have done. I knew I wanted white; I knew I wanted a performance pack car, but I didn’t know I should have at least gotten the 301A group!

Last May I buy my car, a 2019 white PP1 A10 with active exhaust! I’m thrilled! Then I keep reading about the drive modes, and once the excitement of the new car wears off, I realize, crap my car doesn’t have them. I didn’t do my research. I figured there must be a way, I dig online and find this forum and low and behold I now have a way.

I look on YouTube and notice it’s an east job, but I was blown away at the prices $1899, $1500, $1250 and you still don’t get your drive modes!! I keep looking and find Harness by Hextall (sponsor on here).

I message him and he says the 2019 is different and don’t require a harness, he gives me a price, tells me I get the drive modes and I buy!

It did take Ford awhile for my bezel as it was on back order, but I received my kit last week and installed it myself in about 30 min (very easy!).

I then do a remote session with Hextall and wham! I have Sync 3.3 and all the drive modes!

Lesson: if you are in the market to buy do yourself a favor and at least get the 301A group.

If you find your dream car and it’s a 300A you still have options!

I did take pics along the way but I don't know how to post the photo's yet so I'll add them later on.
Big thanks to Thomas at Hextall!
This is right up my alley. I did the same thing. Two weeks ago I bought two 2019 Mustangs, a GT PP Auto for me and an Ecoboost Auto for my wife. Except hers had the 101A option, (301A for a GT) . Im looking at her nice big touch screen with Nav and I look down and see Modes. I hit the toggle and on the dash appears driver modes, Normal, Sport+, Track, Drag Strip and Wet/Snow..I don't see that on my GT PP car, but I'm thinking I have the performance pack so surely I will have these drive modes somewhere. Nope I don't. I researched on line and saw many companies advertising. Then I msged to you and I was told about Hextall...Now im in the market to pull the string and buy the same thing you did. I want to thank you for helping me out Mike...….

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Sooooo…… I have a Roush Blower installed. Wonder how this works with the Roush Tune.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Reached out to him and roush today... Roush said it was uncharted territory for them... Haven't heard from Hextall

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
You will still get the drive modes, its a function of the car. Roush may or may not make any changes with their tune but really the only things the drive modes change are steering feel and pedal response(possibly suspension settings if you have magneride).

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
You will still get the drive modes, its a function of the car. Roush may or may not make any changes with their tune but really the only things the drive modes change are steering feel and pedal response(possibly suspension settings if you have magneride).
Shift points and firmness as well. Also, drag mode doesn't pull power when shifting.

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
Shift points and firmness as well. Also, drag mode doesn't pull power when shifting.
Drag mode is awesome, breaks the tires loose hard 1-2 shift
Barks hard 2-3
Launches thr car in the other shifts
Almost like a push

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Roush & Whipple calibrations will work with the added drive modes. They are just modified Ford Performance calibrations after all. Certain aftermarket calibrations will work as well but they normally need to have the tuner change some of their code in order for FORScan to work.
We know that a lot of people want to add the drive modes as well as Sync 3 to their 2019. The issue is that Ford has had the Recaro bezel without the CD slot on back-order since March with no ETA. I'm trying to find out if we order 12 at a time if we would get them delivered quicker. Supposedly this is what the supplier told Chris@HBH who works for Ford.

Dans5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10, PP1, Steeda H Pipe, Whipple Stage2 Supercharger
Roush & Whipple calibrations will work with the added drive modes. They are just modified Ford Performance calibrations after all. Certain aftermarket calibrations will work as well but they normally need to have the tuner change some of their code in order for FORScan to work.
We know that a lot of people want to add the drive modes as well as Sync 3 to their 2019. The issue is that Ford has had the Recaro bezel without the CD slot on back-order since March with no ETA. I'm trying to find out if we order 12 at a time if we would get them delivered quicker. Supposedly this is what the supplier told Chris@HBH who works for Ford.
Thanks for the reply to my private message. I will give you a call on the phone.
Danny

Sponsored
OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you're interested in this as a solution or not, but what about 3D printing (or otherwise making) a cover for the CD slot? The Android headunit I had before just put a plastic piece to cover up the slot and it worked just as well.

Guzmans5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
What does the pricing start at? I’m tempted between this route or Tesla head unit.