2019 GT rear end ratios

Thephallking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colton
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT California special
I have a 2019 GT California special 10-speed auto and I'm wondering what possible rear-end ratios could come in my car and how do I know what ratio I have?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
3.15 is standard, 3.55 is optional with the 10 speed auto on a non PP car. check your window sticker.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
get your VIN then search the forums...think there is a member that has a way to retrieve window stickers.

look in the order/price/tracking sub-forum

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
3.15 is standard, 3.55 is optional with the 10 speed auto on a non PP car. check your window sticker.
3.55 is the gear that comes with the PP and an auto. Your statement is misleading, it gives the impression that if you get the PP and an auto you can get gears other than 3.55 which is false. BTW 3.73's are available with the manual trans and are the only choice on the shelby's.

The OP can get his axle code from the door jamb sticker and look it up, that will tell him exactly what he's got.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thephallking

Thephallking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colton
Vehicle(s)
3.55 is the gear that comes with the PP and an auto. Your statement is misleading, it gives the impression that if you get the PP and an auto you can get gears other than 3.55 which is false. BTW 3.73's are available with the manual trans and are the only choice on the shelby's.

The OP can get his axle code from the door jamb sticker and look it up, that will tell him exactly what he's got.
Sweeeet thanks for all the info!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
did not intend to mislead. I only mentioned the available choices on a non-PP auto, which appears to be what he has.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Not a big deal, I just wanted to clarify. Sometimes the newbies might get a little confused if the info posted is not entirely clear. :beer::beer:

OP
OP
Thephallking

Thephallking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colton
Vehicle(s)
Not a big deal, I just wanted to clarify. Sometimes the newbies might get a little confused if the info posted is not entirely clear. :beer::beer:
Would it be worth it to swap it to a 3.55 rear?
I can pull 0-60 in 4.6 as of now with my 3.15s

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
with the 3.55 IMO it feels like it pulls harder off the line if it can get the power down (I have stock 18" wheels and tires)...I test drove both and like having the 3.55 gears (especially with the trans. in 'S'). have not timed 0-60 yet though.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You can swap in whatever gear you like, but be aware, the labor is not cheap. You could be looking at about 1 to 1.5 K just for labor to install them plus parts. Unless you are planing on going to the strip a lot it may not be worth the expense. I once had an auto shop teacher tell me that if you are going to swap gears, you need to go at least two steps up or down to make it worth the effort and expense. For example, you have a 3.15 gear, one step would going to 3.31's two steps would be 3.55's. There are also 3.73's, 4.09's and 4.10's available for the super 8.8 that we have.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Try looking for a wrecked mustang with 3.55's or 3.73's and buy the whole center section out of it and just swap it into your car. It would be cheaper than having new gears installed.
The center section is just held in by four bolts, pull the axles, unbolt the driveshaft and yank out the carrier.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I had a 18 with 3.15 and the A10. I now have a 19 with the optional 3.55 gears. Seems to drive about the same but to be honest I've not let it rip yet as I only have 813 miles but I'm sure off the line, if it doesn't completely blow the tires off, when it hooks up it will be quicker than the 3.15

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I have the 3.55 torsen with the pp1 setup and love it on the street and track. Would not touch the gears myself.
Sponsored