2019 GT preminm order placed, hopefully no regrets

tovere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang Owner
Thank you for the link. From what I can see the shipment date and EDD for my car is not on there as of yet. But with this at least I dont have to keep checking with the dealer to get an update so really appreciate it!

The dealer actually called me today and he told me that the car has been produced since May 16 and it is sitting at the plant without a confirmed shipping date. Apparently there is a shortage of black racing stripes and there is currently a line up of about 50 mustangs waiting for their stripes. It will be at least another month of waiting until these cars gets their stripes....

I really hope Ford gets this figured out soon. As much as I love my future mustang GT, having a neighbour who just got his new scat pack challenger is making the wait really hard for me.
Ouch. I remember reading that the cars affected by the steering wheel shortage were not showing useful information on the order tracking page, so you may be in the same state. I haven’t been waiting that long and I’m already impatient, so I feel for you. Hope it’s sooner than they think!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rumble GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT prem - Orange Fury with black racing stripes
Ouch. I remember reading that the cars affected by the steering wheel shortage were not showing useful information on the order tracking page, so you may be in the same state. I haven’t been waiting that long and I’m already impatient, so I feel for you. Hope it’s sooner than they think!
From what I've read the steering wheel shortage had to do with the supplier going on strike for couple of weeks in Mexico. I hope this is not the same situation as the steering wheel... and that whoever is supplying these stripe can keep it up. I mean buying some black vinyl tapes and puting them on a car is not rocket science, if after market manufacturers can do it Ford can do it.

I can only imagine how many of these 50ish stripeless cars waiting in the lot are green, since stripes are mandatory on them. Feel bad for those of you who opted for NFG... should have listened to your wives lol.

lucky_sharm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Shadow Black 301A
Feel bad for those of you who opted for NFG... should have listened to your wives lol.
This made me LOL!

To the awaiting shipment time: my car was released on May 24th and was shipped on June 13th, should be here any day now. Hopefully yours is loading up on a train soon!

OP
OP

Rumble GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The status has changed changed today finally! Instead of "produced" it is now showing "sent offsite". Not 100% sure what this could mean but I think the car has been shipped to the body shop to get its stripes. Those of you who ordered a mustang with over-the-top stripes please feel free to confirm this.

In any case I hope this is a step closer to the delivery date... Summer is really short here in Canada, I hope the car land at the dealer soon so I get to enjoy it before winter comes.

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
No worries it will be here soon. I ordered mine in November 2018 with a delivery dat e of early March 2019. Mine was delayed until May 27, 2019 and was part of the steering wheel shortage/supplier strike problem. But I’ll tell ya, totally worth the wait. Plus getting that green special order window sticker is a cool momento.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rumble GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries it will be here soon. I ordered mine in November 2018 with a delivery dat e of early March 2019. Mine was delayed until May 27, 2019 and was part of the steering wheel shortage/supplier strike problem. But I’ll tell ya, totally worth the wait. Plus getting that green special order window sticker is a cool momento.
Agreed, and thanks for the comforting words

According to the tracking website the car should be shipped out today and hit the dealer tomorrow... Seems a little too optimistic to me so I wouldn't hold my breath.

OP
OP

Rumble GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So here we are on July 10, no sign of Mustang yet... The tracking website still says "Awaiting shipment", have called the dealer but I dont think they have a clue of whats going on. Ford Performace can't tell me anything useful either. The car is literally 3 hours away, and 10 days have gone by. This is the time I needed to drag the car to the dealer on foot, if I'm allowed to do so.

Just to share my experience so far, there are better cases and there are worse cases so I will not start whining about it. Life goes on and the wait continues..

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
According to the internet the main things to be concerned with are paint quality, panel gaps and engine ticking / metal in the oil. I'm hoping none of that happens with mine!

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Patience can be a bitch but you're almost there!

Buzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert, 401A, Manual, PP1, MagneRide, AVE, B&O

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rumble GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Over here in the UK the cars are still reasonably rare and they sell the minute they hit the shore if not before through a customer (like me) ordering one. I just put an order on a Bullitt and there was zero chance of any discount as the Bullitt is already trying to be flipped for ÂŁ5-10k more than Ford's official On-the-Road price.

It's one of those situations in Europe where Ford underestimated the desire for American muscle cars for decades and now they can't build them fast enough with many new orders like mine apparently taking up to 12 months to be delivered to customers.

OP
OP

Rumble GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the call from the dealer today, Mustang is ready. Picking her up tomorrow. Time to get exited!

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Tell us how you like it when you get a minute!

OP
OP

Rumble GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here she is, looking pretty in the sunlight! Have been spending a lot of time with the car lately so please excuse me for not posting pics right away :)

All the grieving from the wait is now behind me and I'm so happy that I waited. Oh yeah and something really cool happened yesterday as I was taking the new Mustang out for a spin - see pic#5, it was not photo-shopped I swear lol

GT1.jpg
GT2.jpg
GT3.jpg
GT4.jpg
GT5.jpg
Sponsored