chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
just like the thread title says, yes my check engine light came on just past the 1200 mile click on the old odometer car doesn't sound funny or run funny and now power loss. I have had the car just over two weeks and have been way easier than I thought I would be on this new ride I really haven't even pushed it hard yet I have not had it in either track mode yet just in sport and barely over a 110
Sponsored

OP
OP
chefwally32

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
I was expecting to hit the service department at kendall ford at 7am however I woke up and got in the car, started it and low and behold the check engine light was off! still gonna have the code read, any guesses as to what I am going to find?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was expecting to hit the service department at kendall ford at 7am however I woke up and got in the car, started it and low and behold the check engine light was off! still gonna have the code read, any guesses as to what I am going to find?
Did you happen to get gas when the car running, at least for some time while the gas cap was open? I have seen this trigger a temp check engine light on other cars at least. It normal resets after a few restarts.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Did you happen to get gas when the car running, at least for some time while the gas cap was open? I have seen this trigger a temp check engine light on other cars at least. It normal resets after a few restarts.
We dont have gas caps

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Have you checked your oil?

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Go into Engineering Test (ET) mode, and look for DTC codes. See at time 0:32 which shows the DTC screen in ET.

I'm assuming the 2018+ Mustangs still have this feature, but won't know unless you try it.

OP
OP
chefwally32

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
first off, nice to be part of a forum that has some people that respond and not being jackwagons! Thanks so as far as an update the car is currently at kendall ford for service so we will see what the codes were. after reading quite a few stories about the "ticking" I couldn't sleep last night, thinking is that next? And with that said the phone just rang andservice said random misfire code, reset itself. Oil level good everything else all good. Going to get it after work I guess I am old and technology has passed me by. you used to talk to a human now you talk to a computer!
Sponsored