Sponsored

2019 GT/PP1 Lowering Springs with Magna Ride

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I ordered a 2019 GT/PP1 with 401A package and active exhaust and magna ride. I used Steeda springs on my 2011 and 2015 and I was thinking of putting them on the 2019. I also was thinking of lowering it no more than an inch. I have read that the PP1 , PP2 and the GT350 are tuned differently. I wonder if lowering the ride and changing out the springs will have any negative effects on the magna ride system or is there a way to have it retuned. I will not be doing any racing with the car but I will do some spirited driving in the mountains on occasion. Any info is appreciated.
Sponsored

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
I know there are spring specificaly made for Magneride. Before lowering it, I'd use it like it is. The Magneride could surprise you. If it's only esthetic I'd wait.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
I have Ford Performance M-5300W springs on my car and have had no problems with Magneride. It corners very well, very flat, and the ride is still good. All of the drive modes work just fine.

I changed the springs as I went with wider, slightly smaller diameter tires.

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
Steeda, Ford, and BMR all make springs for magneride. You can find pics posted on this forum, in the PP2 threads or the suspension section. I think they’re pretty much all in the .5”-1” drop range. I went with BMR and am happy, though it seems to be the least aggressive drop of the group.

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Steeda, Ford, and BMR all make springs for magneride. You can find pics posted on this forum, in the PP2 threads or the suspension section. I think they’re pretty much all in the .5”-1” drop range. I went with BMR and am happy, though it seems to be the least aggressive drop of the group.
How does it ride and handle with the BMR vs stock?

Sponsored

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
How does it ride and handle with the BMR vs stock?
It’s noticeably firmer but not bouncy. I think the ride in normal mode is still pretty smooth considering what the car is. No complaints from the wife in normal. I mostly leave it in track where it firms up quite a bit. I haven’t had it on a track yet but body roll is extremely minimal during spirited driving. Lowered mine exactly .5” all around

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It’s noticeably firmer but not bouncy. I think the ride in normal mode is still pretty smooth considering what the car is. No complaints from the wife in normal. I mostly leave it in track where it firms up quite a bit. I haven’t had it on a track yet but body roll is extremely minimal during spirited driving. Lowered mine exactly .5” all around
Ah I see, thanks for sharing. Was body roll pretty bad when you were on stock springs, even in track mode? Also did you get camber bolts or plates with the BMR springs?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
BMR SPH765 handling springs and eibach sway bars. Car handles awesome, and still very compliant. Mine is a DD on terrible roads, I couldn't deal with the BCs in my last car, very very happy with my current setup

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2
Ah I see, thanks for sharing. Was body roll pretty bad when you were on stock springs, even in track mode? Also did you get camber bolts or plates with the BMR springs?
Body roll was not bad at all before, I just like tinkering. I have a pp2 and haven’t driven a pp1 so I can’t say how different they are. I used camber bolts, worked fine since the drop was minimal.

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Body roll was not bad at all before, I just like tinkering. I have a pp2 and haven’t driven a pp1 so I can’t say how different they are. I used camber bolts, worked fine since the drop was minimal.
Yea I’m picking up a pp1 so will have to see. I’m definitely going to install the CB005 since I already have it, and figured I might as well do springs. Just a bit nervous of something going wrong with the Magneride and not being covered by warranty due to springs. Good to know camber bolts are fine, thanks!

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’ve been on the Steeda springs for 9 months now. Car was maybe a month old when I installed them. I didn’t have a problem with the ride before or after. It’s slightly stiffer, but for me just slightly. I can really tell a difference in track mode ( stiffest mode) more then anything else over the bumps on a road by where I live. But it’s not harsh or anything. Dropped the car the advertised inch and the RTR wheels fill out the wheel wells perfect now. I personally wouldn’t go any lower unless I went back to bags like my last car. Any lower then what I am now and I think it starts getting where you have to worry about speed bumps, drive ways, any ramps or inclines. In normal mode it’s extremely comfortable imo

OP
OP
Luckystang

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I’ve been on the Steeda springs for 9 months now. Car was maybe a month old when I installed them. I didn’t have a problem with the ride before or after. It’s slightly stiffer, but for me just slightly. I can really tell a difference in track mode ( stiffest mode) more then anything else over the bumps on a road by where I live. But it’s not harsh or anything. Dropped the car the advertised inch and the RTR wheels fill out the wheel wells perfect now. I personally wouldn’t go any lower unless I went back to bags like my last car. Any lower then what I am now and I think it starts getting where you have to worry about speed bumps, drive ways, any ramps or inclines. In normal mode it’s extremely comfortable imo
Thank you all for the info.

OP
OP
Luckystang

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Thank you all for the info.
I was on line chatting today with the Ford Techline, and spoke to a Ford Performance expert. Ray, told me that if the GT350 springs were installed i would not need to have the magna ride recalibrated. So that being said i would think the steeda springs should work just as well. Your thoughts?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I can tell you for certain, the BMR-SPH765 springs work great without MR re-calibration.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda S550 Mustang MagneRide Sport Lowering Springs
Are specifically designed for MagneRide with a slightly higher rate to control roll.

555-8242-white1.jpg
Sponsored