Sponsored

2019 GT Oil Consumption

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Wow your dealership ordeal is just awful. I was a tech at a 5 star Dodge Dealer, and can tell you that we would ensure turn around of at least 5 business days with parts availability not being on back order. It didn't matter what the repair was. My Ford dealer had my 19 GT for about 2 weeks when it was getting a short block under warranty. Which is far more work than just throwing a long block at it. I hope you get a good car back and that you can find a better ford dealer to take your ride to.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OKStang19

OKStang19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hope
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Well 3 months and a new long block later, she's finally back home today. No money spent on my end, but signed a paper that reflected a $9k bill for Ford to eat. Yikes. Apparently this is a known issue and can be fixed before it becomes catastrophic like mine did. Moral of the story, watch your dipsticks! lol

Expat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2020 Convertible Mustang GT Premium
I have a 2016 California Special with a supercharger and in the summer of 2019 had noticed puffs of blue smoke a few times on start up.

This year I replaced the PCV valve and bought the drivers side catch can to go with the passenger side I already had. I wasn’t down too much oil but I only have a little over 2400 km’s in 3 years of ownership. This summer I didn’t notice any more blue smoke.

I also changed brands of oil. I heard the cleansing additive in Pennzoil could affect oil leaking past seals. Don’t know if that’s true or not but I now go with oil with no additive.
BMAGOO, In 1998 I had a new Mercedes C250TD with bad oil consumption, which disappeared after a local mechanic changed oil brands. What brand are you using that has no additives? I have had poor luck with OEM and Pennzoil oils. This week up for third change and want to get rid of this problem.

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
BMAGOO, In 1998 I had a new Mercedes C250TD with bad oil consumption, which disappeared after a local mechanic changed oil brands. What brand are you using that has no additives? I have had poor luck with OEM and Pennzoil oils. This week up for third change and want to get rid of this problem.
I've been using Castrol Edge full synthetic.
Sponsored