Sponsored

2019 GT Oil Consumption

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The PCV valve can be reinstalled with zero damage; no problem... BUT I'd replace it. Even my super late build 2019 (Aug 2019) had a defective one, and the new one was different, so well worth the $7 or so. I even bought a spare one, and will replace it every 2 years. If they rattle at idle, they're no good anymore. But I'd replace it even if it doesn't rattle, so the absolute minimum of oil gets to the intake. In addition to a new PCV valve, I bought the Ford Performance oil separator, so minimize even more any oil into the intake.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Went to the local dealership Friday and ordered 2 PCV valves. One for my 2006 F-150 and one for my 18’ GT.

Luckily the GT doesn’t need a heated one like my 5.4L F-150 because those cost $68.00 LOL.

Surprised they don’t carry the Mustang GT’s in stock since there pretty cheap and a small item.

OP
OP
OKStang19

OKStang19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hope
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
*update that's not really an update I just need to vent*
As is the nature of warranty work, my car has just been sitting at a dealership for a month now. All they've done is "confirmed the car is not running right" and pulled spark plugs which they found were caked in oil (go figure). Ford called for a full engine tear down to find the issue. Waiting on the technician to finish other jobs before he can tear into mine. I opened a case with Ford regarding this issue since they had so many opportunities to fix this problem before it got to this point. Don't know what's going on in Ford's QC department :crying: If you notice oil consumption, definitely don't hesitate!! Apparently they have come up with a fix for it. If I had the time I probably should have just pulled the spark plugs myself. Now I have a $40000 car just sitting at a dealership, with hail season right around the corner. Ugh.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
As is the nature of warranty work, my car has just been sitting at a dealership for a month now. All they've done is "confirmed the car is not running right" and pulled spark plugs which they found were caked in oil (go figure). Ford called for a full engine tear down to find the issue. Waiting on the technician to finish other jobs before he can tear into mine. I opened a case with Ford regarding this issue since they had so many opportunities to fix this problem before it got to this point. Don't know what's going on in Ford's QC department :crying: If you notice oil consumption, definitely don't hesitate!! Apparently they have come up with a fix for it. If I had the time I probably should have just pulled the spark plugs myself. Now I have a $40000 car just sitting at a dealership, with hail season right around the corner. Ugh.
Well, on the bright side if it gets totaled by hail its not your problem anymore, lol. But I empathize, waiting for the dealer to get off their ass is the worst. Most of them these days have 1 tech (sometimes 0) who actually knows how to do an engine tear down and ascertain a failure. So if they're busy doing customer pay shit, good luck.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If it’s been there for 30 days now - in many States I’d it is 30 consecutive days or 30 calendar days within the year, it qualifies as an instant lemon.

The Ford CSR who opened your Case should be working to make you whole, and that means your car should be on a priority list to be repaired, not just sitting there like that without work being done.

You should call the Ford 800# again and demand to speak to a Supervisor who can elevate your case.

Did they at least give you a vehicle loaner - they should have...

OP
OP
OKStang19

OKStang19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hope
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
If it’s been there for 30 days now - in many States I’d it is 30 consecutive days or 30 calendar days within the year, it qualifies as an instant lemon.

The Ford CSR who opened your Case should be working to make you whole, and that means your car should be on a priority list to be repaired, not just sitting there like that without work being done.

You should call the Ford 800# again and demand to speak to a Supervisor who can elevate your case.

Did they at least give you a vehicle loaner - they should have...
Yes in Oklahoma after 30 days it is considered a lemon. However, Ford isn't considering this a lemon as of now because they haven't been able to diagnose it yet. That's the most frustrating part. There's only one technician at this dealership that is qualified to tear down the car so it's moving slow as molasses. They've been telling me for a month that there's one car in front of mine. Trying to stay patient as I'm sure they are stretched thin. They did give me a loaner vehicle. I'll keep updated! I'm hoping they can start on it this week :please:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not sure the 30 consecutive days apply if they supply you with a loaner. Does anybody know for sure? I'm just curious. Maybe it changes from state to state; who knows.

OP
OP
OKStang19

OKStang19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hope
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Not sure the 30 consecutive days apply if they supply you with a loaner. Does anybody know for sure? I'm just curious. Maybe it changes from state to state; who knows.
I don't know. Ford just acted like the 30 day lemon law thing was applicable only if the car was still there 30 days after a diagnosis was made. Oklahoma has a .gov page about it so maybe your state does too!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yes in Oklahoma after 30 days it is considered a lemon. However, Ford isn't considering this a lemon as of now because they haven't been able to diagnose it yet. That's the most frustrating part. There's only one technician at this dealership that is qualified to tear down the car so it's moving slow as molasses. They've been telling me for a month that there's one car in front of mine. Trying to stay patient as I'm sure they are stretched thin. They did give me a loaner vehicle. I'll keep updated! I'm hoping they can start on it this week :please:
If you have a loaner they do have incentive to get to it. Just keep racking up the miles lol

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The “count” starts the day you dropped off the vehicle - it’s the date/time “in” on the Work Order. If the car has not been released back to you, it is still in their possession, there is no “out” date/time recorded and the clock is still ticking.

Even if a loaner is supplied to the Customer - the clock started the countdown the day the Customer’s vehicle was entered into the Service Center’s system as being there for a problem.

If the OP has not opened a Case with a Regional CSR via the Ford 800#, I’d recommend doing it ASAP. If the CSR is feeding you BS about the 30-consecutive not being honored because they didn’t “diagnose it yet” - you need to escalate it to a Supervisor; tell your CSR you want to speak to one, you’ve been more than patient.

There’s absolutely no reason why his vehicle should be sitting in excess of 30-days without even being looked at or work started on it. The excuse of only having 1 experienced Tech at their Service Center to do a diagnostic is ignorance.

Sure, the Service Center was nice enough to afford him a loaner, but guess what - he didn’t buy a “loaner” and he’s paying for insurance on his Mustang - again not to drive a loaner for months on end.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Stealerships all SUCK!!!

OP
OP
OKStang19

OKStang19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hope
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The “count” starts the day you dropped off the vehicle - it’s the date/time “in” on the Work Order. If the car has not been released back to you, it is still in their possession, there is no “out” date/time recorded and the clock is still ticking.

Even if a loaner is supplied to the Customer - the clock started the countdown the day the Customer’s vehicle was entered into the Service Center’s system as being there for a problem.

If the OP has not opened a Case with a Regional CSR via the Ford 800#, I’d recommend doing it ASAP. If the CSR is feeding you BS about the 30-consecutive not being honored because they didn’t “diagnose it yet” - you need to escalate it to a Supervisor; tell your CSR you want to speak to one, you’ve been more than patient.

There’s absolutely no reason why his vehicle should be sitting in excess of 30-days without even being looked at or work started on it. The excuse of only having 1 experienced Tech at their Service Center to do a diagnostic is ignorance.

Sure, the Service Center was nice enough to afford him a loaner, but guess what - he didn’t buy a “loaner” and he’s paying for insurance on his Mustang - again not to drive a loaner for months on end.
I wish you could call them for me!! Lol! I do have a case open, but every time I call in regards to my case, it gets me nowhere. It's always a bunch of "We're sorry". Here we are two months later and I just went in today to renew my 2nd 30 day loaner agreement. They did FINALLY look at my car last week. All I was told was that oil was getting past the piston rings and they've ordered a new long block. Funny because last summer I took the car in for that exact concern. I was also told it could be 2 weeks - FOUR MONTHS to get these parts in. Can't wait to renew my tag next month for a car I'm not even driving! This whole thing feels hopeless.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Time to lawyer-up with a lemon law lawyer. I'm not sure about OK law, but in CA the lemon law lawyer's fees are paid separately by Ford - they don't come out of your award. So lawyer up and get a replacement or a refund.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I wish you could call them for me!! Lol! I do have a case open, but every time I call in regards to my case, it gets me nowhere. It's always a bunch of "We're sorry". Here we are two months later and I just went in today to renew my 2nd 30 day loaner agreement. They did FINALLY look at my car last week. All I was told was that oil was getting past the piston rings and they've ordered a new long block. Funny because last summer I took the car in for that exact concern. I was also told it could be 2 weeks - FOUR MONTHS to get these parts in. Can't wait to renew my tag next month for a car I'm not even driving! This whole thing feels hopeless.
Mustangs suck. I wish I picked another car to race. Every job is a battle with this car. Zero engineering as you can now appreciate.
Sponsored