Sponsored

2019 GT - Engine management light has come on

mandat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - Magnetic
My GT is 2 months old and has covered only 1,600 miles.

The engine management light has come on, but there are no other warnings or messages to say that anything is wrong. The dash gauges do not show anything amiss with the engine, (i.e. fuelling, temps, vacuum, etc) and there are no noticeable symptoms or issues with how the car runs or drives.

I've managed to book it into my local Ford dealer for next week, but since they are not a Mustang centre, I'm not sure what they can do beyond plug in the OBD and read any error codes.

I've got a 2 week euro trip planned for the end of the month, and it looks like I might need to cancel if the car is not 100%.

I guess that I'm looking for some reassurance from others that the EML lighting up might not be a serious problem, and instead perhaps just a spurious sensor reading has tripped the EML. The light came on in the afternoon, after I had a long period of being stuck in slow moving London traffic.

Does anyone have any experiences or knowledge of the EML coming on. Is there a know quirk with the GT model, etc.

Thank you for any assistance and guidance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mandat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - Magnetic
Update:

I've managed to find the DTC code that is being thrown up.

Its P0155 which relates to the O2 sensor heater circuit.

Googling the error suggests that a new O2 sensor might be required.

Does anyone know how easy it is to repair / replace the affected parts?

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
If its just an O2 sensor it’s a quick fix. Obviously it’ll be under warranty anyway. I’m sure you’ll be fine for your trip - probably be good to give the car a decent run too.

Paul GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang
Hi
I also have the same issue with the engine management light coming on. Have owned the car 6 weeks with only 600 miles on it so far.
Took the car to the local Ford dealer who diagnosed a faulty particulate filter/s. That was over a month ago and still waiting for parts to arrive and be fitted. Have now been told by the dealer that they have to order all spares from Germany and this sort of time scale for spares is normal with the latest models.
Got to say that this is very poor for what is a premium model for Ford. I can still drive the car but it would be nice to know that if something does go wrong, spare parts can be obtained in a timely fashion.
Hope you have better luck in obtaining any parts for your car if needed.

Paul.

OP
OP

mandat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - Magnetic
Just to update with the outcome.

My local Ford dealer had the car for 3 days but managed to solve the problem.

The diagnostics confirmed that the O2 sensor was faulty, and this was replaced with a new sensor from stock. Presumably, the O2 sensors are ubiquitous and used on many of the Ford models, hence the easy availability.

I was pleased with the service received, even though the dealer is not a Mustang centre.
Sponsored