Sponsored

2019 GT broken into, weird Fordpass issue

Derder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So got up this morning and walked out to go fill her up, and found that everything inside my glove box and center console was all in my passenger seat/floorboard, along with when I started her up it telling my the trunk was ajar. I don't keep anything valuable inside her and as far as I can tell they only took 5-6 bucks worth of change. There were no signs of forced entry so I disabled the intelligent access as I assume they used some kind of booster to extend the range of my FoB.

Now the weird thing. Fordpass now says my car is states away from me. I uninstalled the app and re-installed, still showing up in a different state. Did a test drive to see if my location would update if I moved her, and it did, but in the other state, not where I was driving. Should I be worried about that? Could whoever have broken into it some how hijacked the modem or something/still have access remotely some how? Or am I being too paranoid?

Also how the hell do I get it to know my car is right in front of me and not 500 miles away?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Derder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Well shit, yeah, GPS is crossed out on the basic Nav. How do I deal with that?

OP
OP

Derder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Alright, did that, still nada.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
They could have stolen it maybe??

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
@Derder do you happen to be the original owner? ive read articles in the past about previous owners able to log into ford website and see status of the car they sold long ago..

also, on an unrelated note.. an article from a little over a year ago, specifically brings up 2019 mustangs being affected: https://the-parallax.com/2019/05/03/hacker-ford-key-fob-vulnerability/ the article specifically states this hack doesnt disable the immobilizing system, so it cant be driven away, it can however be unlocked and started.. it also states you might noticed this type of hack, because one of your keyfobs would stop working.. do both of yours still work?

OP
OP

Derder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm the original owner and I have wi-fi updates on however those never seem to work? It always asks me to connect to a network when I start it, and I say sure, then it asks what network and I've tried entering my home info, that my phone connects to while still inside the car and it won't connect, and tried using the mobile hotspot for connect info and it won't connect to that either.

I ran the satellite signal strength diagnostic and noticed some troubling things though. Most of the time, it shows no signal at all. When there was a signal it was barely 1/6th of the bar. I checked my antenna, it's still firm in place, checked it's connections under the top and they seem fine. Seems like I'm just not getting enough/any satellite signal. Bad antenna out of no where?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I'm the original owner and I have wi-fi updates on however those never seem to work? It always asks me to connect to a network when I start it, and I say sure, then it asks what network and I've tried entering my home info, that my phone connects to while still inside the car and it won't connect, and tried using the mobile hotspot for connect info and it won't connect to that either.

I ran the satellite signal strength diagnostic and noticed some troubling things though. Most of the time, it shows no signal at all. When there was a signal it was barely 1/6th of the bar. I checked my antenna, it's still firm in place, checked it's connections under the top and they seem fine. Seems like I'm just not getting enough/any satellite signal. Bad antenna out of no where?
Could be the antenna, the GPSS unit, the APIM, or you could just be in a momentary GPS dead zone.

By the way, turn the auto updates off. Waste of time as they hardly ever work and you will stop getting those messages.

OP
OP

Derder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Because of paranoia over the break in I've removed my car from fordpass. And to be fair the GPS issue could have been around for god knows how long because I use Android Auto/phone gps. The last time I needed to use FordPass to locate/check on my car was over 6 months ago. Just one of those, I don't like that it's not working even if it's not something I desperately need. I'd like for it to work again.