Sponsored

2019 GT: 10K Mile Service

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Most dealers will charge some miscellaneous bogus shop fee. It’s like a dealer closing fee when you purchase. It serves as profit for the dealer. It doesn’t “cost” money to perform a closing on a vehicle.

Like your miscellaneous charges. I would ask what that is, specifically and I would have also asked it to be removed if they can’t explain how it correlates to the service. I imagine that’s their “I opened a box of parts and had to dispose of the cardboard” convenice fee. Lol.
Your partially right . Shop supply are charged to cover the cost of rag rental , chemicals used in the shop , fluids used to top off things and such . It should have a cap on what is charged . If you break down the cost of a works package , with shop supply included , the dealer might be breaking even if not losing money . Hence is where the unnecessary up sell comes from . If the customer would just brake open that book that is rapped in plastic in the glove box and read it . Post like this would not exist. And remember this comes someone that works for a dealer !
Sponsored

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
The Fuel system cleaner was ridiculous at 10k miles. 60k, maybe, 100k ok, but at 10k your injectors probably are better then new. and they doubled up on the fuel additives too. The guy at the auto parts store will change your blades, if you don't have 10 mins to figure it out, and the cabin filter is under the little pop out panel on the pass side, under the hood. All you really need to do with a modern car is check the fluids regularly, and change the oil ever 5-6k miles if your using synthetic like you should be. Walmart had Penzoil pure plus 5 Q jug for around 22 bucks. use a Ford, Wix or KN filter. Never use a Fram.

I see it says Taken by Yaimy Guzman there at the bottom. Least they're up front about it...

OP
OP

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Performance Pack, MagneRide, Active Exhaust)
The Fuel system cleaner was ridiculous at 10k miles. 60k, maybe, 100k ok, but at 10k your injectors probably are better then new. and they doubled up on the fuel additives too. The guy at the auto parts store will change your blades, if you don't have 10 mins to figure it out, and the cabin filter is under the little pop out panel on the pass side, under the hood. All you really need to do with a modern car is check the fluids regularly, and change the oil ever 5-6k miles if your using synthetic like you should be. Walmart had Penzoil pure plus 5 Q jug for around 22 bucks. use a Ford, Wix or KN filter. Never use a Fram.

I see it says Taken by Yaimy Guzman there at the bottom. Least they're up front about it...
Lolz...taken for sure!

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Other than the oil change none of that stuff is even necessary at 10k miles.

Wipers last me for a few years (till the rubber starts to deteriorate), not sure why people change them so often.

I haven't checked how the cabin air filter is changed on the mustang, but on my last car there was a little opening in the glove box, you just pull the old one out and slide the new one in, no need to pay anyone to do that.

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
use a Ford, Wix or KN filter. Never use a Fram.
Don't listen to this guy. Although fram's cheap filters are bad, they also make some really high quality ones too, like their ultra synthetic.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Hi All,

quite curious - what should I be paying for a standard 10K service at a Ford dealership (2019 GT).

Got charged $277 and feel like that was expensive.

Feedback would be appreciated - see bill attached.
B1C641A5-B233-4710-AF6F-0473C827B731.jpeg
You got ripped off... I paid 0 for the first 2 or 3 years of maintenqnce

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Thank you all for your feedback, I do feel really ripped off.

When I got there they produced this sheet with the “Manufacturer Recommended Services” for 10K, 15K, 25K etc. Will post a copy tomorrow - it’s in my car and I’m not home.

15K service is $450

I went in because my car said I needed an oil change and didn’t ask for any special services (wipers etc) - was told this is what Ford recommends.

Kinda bullshit because although not from this dealership, I bought this car on December 31, 2018 so it’s definitely within its warranty/service period. When I bought the car I was told the average service was $60.

Any advice on recourse in a situation like this? Should I contact the GM of the dealership or Ford?

Doing it myself makes sense moving forward however I was under the impression that I had to go to the dealership to maintain my warranty. Is that a fact?
Its that specific dealership. They arent following Ford's maintenance shedule for your car. On your ford.com profile you can see based on mileage what the service requirements are...

You can also just follow what's in your owners manual.

Alot of dealerships are dishonest and try to scam u.

One dealership told me "my engine condition is poor" at 40k miles. Wanted me to do
150.00 coolant flush
150.00 throttle body service
150.00 transmission service
150.00 rear diff service
80.00 oil and filter change.

Car had only 40k miles so i knew all of that was garbage...I wasnt about to pay 700.00 for shit i can do myself especially 150.00 to take off an intake hose and wipe away blowby oil.... Or open a drain plug and fill a transmission up...

I took my keys went to my dealer who sold me the car they serviced it didnt pay a dime... Asked them if i needed anything else they said the computer didnt call for anything other rhan a routine oil change and tire rotation... There are good dealerships out there, you just have to find them. I would drive 40 mins to go to my dealer versus 10 mins to go to the one just around the corner that tried to rip me off

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
If you paid with a CC simply dispute the exorbitant charges........they will be required to discuss the rip offs with the CC Company and you will most likely be reimbursed some of it!!:like:

Sponsored
OP
OP

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you paid with a CC simply dispute the exorbitant charges........they will be required to discuss the rip offs with the CC Company and you will most likely be reimbursed some of it!!:like:
Probably...but that’s wrong too because I did agree to pay the charges!

OP
OP

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its that specific dealership. They arent following Ford's maintenance shedule for your car. On your ford.com profile you can see based on mileage what the service requirements are...

You can also just follow what's in your owners manual.

Alot of dealerships are dishonest and try to scam u.

One dealership told me "my engine condition is poor" at 40k miles. Wanted me to do
150.00 coolant flush
150.00 throttle body service
150.00 transmission service
150.00 rear diff service
80.00 oil and filter change.

Car had only 40k miles so i knew all of that was garbage...I wasnt about to pay 700.00 for shit i can do myself especially 150.00 to take off an intake hose and wipe away blowby oil.... Or open a drain plug and fill a transmission up...

I took my keys went to my dealer who sold me the car they serviced it didnt pay a dime... Asked them if i needed anything else they said the computer didnt call for anything other rhan a routine oil change and tire rotation... There are good dealerships out there, you just have to find them. I would drive 40 mins to go to my dealer versus 10 mins to go to the one just around the corner that tried to rip me off
Yes, you’re right - I should have reviewed them and known better.

Unfortunately I think I’m going to suck it up and learn an expensive lesson here. Will make damn sure I know what’s needed and ensure this never happens again!

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Shop fee is typically like 2 or 3 dollars for me.

As everyone said all you should need is maybe an oil change. Wipers I haven’t changed ever I think, as long as they aren’t chattering across the glass or something you’re good. Fuel additives you don’t need with such low mileage especially if you get gas at good stations.

Basically what they told you on maintaining the car for 60 is about right. That’s what it costs me every 6 months for my oil change with the works package. Always research anything the dealer is selling you as a cabin air filter costs like 50 at the dealer but you can do it yourself pretty cheap land it’s not hard at all.

Not sure if ford works the same but I know that some shops sometimes pay the service person a commission for everything they have done to your car, it’s an incentive for them to sell more therefore don’t take their word on everything. I’m assuming that’s why they sold you a package you didn’t need. They’ll even do it if you don’t need it. On my old mustang I changed the cabin air filter and shortly after took the car in for an oil change and they said I needed a new one. This tells me that they didn’t even bother to check it and just wanted to charge me for it.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
O.P: Did they tell you you needed the extra parts or they just went ahead and did them on there own?? Did they change how repair shops work. I remember they'd come out and tell you that you need : wipers, air filter, etc. and you'd have to approve them.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Next time look for a coupon for what ford calls "the works". Like $29 to $39 bucks, for oil, filter. tire rotate and multi-point inspection. They may charge more for the extra 4 quarts of oil, but still not bad.
Bingo. I'm about to have my 10K service with this same $39 coupon emailed to me. If you're going to use a dealer be on their service mailing list.
Sponsored