Sponsored

2019 Ford Mustang brings California Special, rev-matching and more

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
I also have a Lund tune.
That's likely a big part of the problem. Often times, tuning the engine or transmission will cause quirky things to happen with the un-tuned component, which is why tunes often exist for both.

Was it behaving like this before being tuned?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OK, it's probably Lightning Blue.....

Velocity Blue ahead of Need for Green?

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
I always thought that those fake side scoops screamed mustang. And these perfectly match the upper and lower character lines on the door.
Mustangs attachment to it past is what makes the car different and special among other sports bars.
1966-Ford-Mustang-Muscle & Pony Cars--Car-100909687-ee73280f5045a7b076d0a8d80de28d70.jpg

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
It is called Mustang history/heritage. You really should buy a book, learn to read, and learn some of it.:cheers:
I have several books and have owned only Mustangs for my DD since I was 19 when I purchased my first car/Mustang. Please, go on and explain to me how taped on fake side scoops make a car more of a toy. I’ll wait to hear the “history” of it.
A GT350R having it's back seating ripped out, no A/C on the base model and it's suspension likely giving you sciatica if you took it for a long trip makes it more of a toy, but sure, you think scoops that are held on via automotive tape make a car more of a toy.... right. :confused:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always thought that those fake side scoops screamed mustang. And these perfectly match the upper and lower character lines on the door.
Mustangs attachment to it past is what makes the car different and special among other sports bars.
Sure, but they don’t scream “California Special” (hell, you posted a GT350, not a CS) or “more of a toy” like you were indicating in your previous posts...
A solid rear axle also "screams" Mustang but Ford realized that an IRS was better and switched to one. Just because previous years have had cheaply slapped on things doesn't mean we shouldn't want or expect more in 2018. And on that old 1967 GT350, at least it matches the lines on the body, same with my old 2001 GT Convertible. On the S550, they just look cheap, IMO.

Last edited:

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the advice but if this thing (A10) has rev matching then it's worse than I thought. It's especially bad when down-shifting. I am talking about the "normal" driving mode because that's what I use most of the time It also seems reluctant to shift out of first gear when starting off in the morning.
I admit that the sport/track modes seem much better at shifting but still feels sloppy to me.
I have disconnected the battery 2 times with little improvement. I also have a Lund tune.
Normal mode doesn’t rev match afaik. Rev match is for sports/track/drag and manual mode, but don’t quote me on that one :p
The tune may also be part of the problem... I wasn’t even aware that decent tunes were available for the 2018 yet.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
My A10 has no prob with first gear, if anything it’s the opposite - it’s reluctant to downshift out of 10th gear - gotta mash the pedal pretty hard. My 06 Gt auto would downshift with just light pedal. It gets annoying when cruising at 55 mph or so and then slowly accelerating - it lugs at too low rpm until I mash the pedal. I’ve been using the paddle shifter to downshift to 9th.

Last edited:

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, but they don’t scream “California Special” (hell, you posted a GT350, not a CS) or “more of a toy” like you were indicating in your previous posts...
A solid rear axle also "screams" Mustang but Ford realized that an IRS was better and switched to one. Just because previous years have had cheaply slapped on things doesn't mean we shouldn't want or expect more in 2018. And on that old 1967 GT350, at least it matches the lines on the body, same with my old 2001 GT Convertible. On the S550, they just look cheap, IMO.
That's not even a GT350. Nor is it a '67. I'd guess a '66 converted to a GT350 look-a-like (note the tape stripe says GT351, so perhaps upgraded to a 351 V8). The real GT350 side scoops, while functional, were also just bolted on, not stamped in.

The original CS had perfomance-look upgrades that were non-functional. That was the point. A stylish cruiser.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The original CS had perfomance-look upgrades that were non-functional. That was the point. A stylish cruiser.
But those do not make it a "toy", nor or fake vents unique to the CS, just the S550 CS. I'd say that the badging, less commonality and unique rims were/are more "the point" of the CS over taped on side scoops. :confused:
All I originally said was that I think they look ugly and make the car look silly, like a literal toy... Then people start saying the point of the CS is that "it's a toy" which is just beyond silly as it's exactly the same as the GT but with unique styling and a heck of a lot less common. That has always been "the point" of the CS, having a less common version of the regular Mustang, not that it's in any way more of "a toy".

Sponsored

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Calling it a toy was an objective statement lol

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
This kind of thing doesn't do anything for me at all, neither does the Bullitt (sp?). It's just frills. Even the rev matching is of no interest, I've been heel and toe shifting for 51 years. According to this announcement, that must make me a "pro".

If this kind of thing excites you then that's excellent, I'm happy for you, but I think it's just another way to wring more money out of people for a "special" package that really isn't all that special.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
But those do not make it a "toy", nor or fake vents unique to the CS, just the S550 CS. I'd say that the badging, less commonality and unique rims were/are more "the point" of the CS over taped on side scoops. :confused:
All I originally said was that I think they look ugly and make the car look silly, like a literal toy... Then people start saying the point of the CS is that "it's a toy" which is just beyond silly as it's exactly the same as the GT but with unique styling and a heck of a lot less common. That has always been "the point" of the CS, having a less common version of the regular Mustang, not that it's in any way more of "a toy".
It depends on what sort of toy you're talking about.

GT350/GT350R - these are a toy in the track toy sense of the word.

CS - looks like a toy as in a cheap plastic toy (at least I think that was the original poster's intent).

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
This kind of thing doesn't do anything for me at all, neither does the Bullitt (sp?). It's just frills. Even the rev matching is of no interest, I've been heel and toe shifting for 51 years. According to this announcement, that must make me a "pro".

If this kind of thing excites you then that's excellent, I'm happy for you, but I think it's just another way to wring more money out of people for a "special" package that really isn't all that special.
Yea, the CS never did it for me, even the original. I know that non-functional scoops have been done many times, and I never liked any of them. Rev matching is fine, it's a task that computers are perfectly suited for, and it's functional.
Sponsored