Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If this is the velocity blue they are coming out with then sign me up! (XJR in Velocity blue)
xjr575_swb_velocity-blue_009.jpg
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think big news is active exhaust for eb , first time since 2015 that fords admitted the eco boost sound needs more than just fake engine sounds through the sterio. Unless that’s all that’s actually active hahah
The EB needs a new turbo, new head(ifold) design to sound better. There are some good sounding turbo 4s out there, but the 15-18 EB is not one of them, no matter which catback or turboback you put on. Solid rumor for '19 is a different turbocharger with a more 'fun' powerband, not just a stoplight-to-stoplight one.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Rev matching will be available on all levels of the GT trim with Performance Pack, but not the EB.
Fixed

From the press release:
"When that torque gets delivered to the pavement via 6-speed manual and available Performance Package, you better hold on, because that’s where rev-matching gives Mustang drivers a leg – or a heel and a toe – up."

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
The EB needs a new turbo, new head(ifold) design to sound better. There are some good sounding turbo 4s out there, but the 15-18 EB is not one of them, no matter which catback or turboback you put on. Solid rumor for '19 is a different turbocharger with a more 'fun' powerband, not just a stoplight-to-stoplight one.
They need to go find a NSRT-4 and buy a Abarth 500 and replicate some combination of those cars exhaust.

Sponsored

Deleted member 33561

I traded my 2015 Challenger Scatpack 8 speed auto for the my new Mustang. The very first thing I noticed was how sloppy the 10 speed automatic is. It never occurred to me that Ford would put out a newly designed 10 speed without rev matching. It has been my biggest disappointment with the car.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
That's what CS always was.
Exactly, but please do not confuse people here with facts and/or Mustang history.

Great to see they smarted up and put the CS side stripe back up where it belongs.

Seeing the California Special script on the back panel is a nice throw back piece (side gas filler prevents it from being on the rear side quarter panels).

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I traded my 2015 Challenger Scatpack 8 speed auto for the my new Mustang. The very first thing I noticed was how sloppy the 10 speed automatic is. It never occurred to me that Ford would put out a newly designed 10 speed without rev matching. It has been my biggest disappointment with the car.

latest?cb=20141015005232.jpg

You know this is all about the MANUAL transmission, right?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
The 10-speed auto already has rev matching... If you think the A10 is “sloppy” it’s because it has a “learning ecu” meaning that the first several hundred miles it’s learning your driving habits and will adjust its own shift patterns based on said driving habits. If your 18 had a chunk of miles from test drives on it when you purchased it, I suggest disconnecting the battery for a minute to force the computer to “reset”.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Exactly, but please do not confuse people here with facts and/or Mustang history.

Great to see they smarted up and put the CS side stripe back up where it belongs.

Seeing the California Special script on the back panel is a nice throw back piece (side gas filler prevents it from being on the rear side quarter panels).
Sorry, I wasn’t aware that taping on cheap, fake, side intakes made something more of a “toy” than the non CS... :crazy:

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Sorry, I wasn’t aware that taping on cheap, fake, side intakes made something more of a “toy” than the non CS... :crazy:
It is called Mustang history/heritage. You really should buy a book, learn to read, and learn some of it.:cheers:

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Ugh. The CS is really bad. It's like the car you see at the cars n' coffee with all the fake buick fender vents, fake hood scoops, decals, etc.. that were just thrown in the cart during the last Autozone run.

The original actually looked good. These days they are taking what is supposed to be simple/tasteful modifications and turning them up to 11. It's too much.

Ford is so hit-or-miss. Sometimes they put out some killer vehicles where no stone was left unturned... then they get lazy and put out garbage like this.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Fixed

From the press release:
"When that torque gets delivered to the pavement via 6-speed manual and available Performance Package, you better hold on, because that’s where rev-matching gives Mustang drivers a leg – or a heel and a toe – up."

According to AutoBlog:

All 2019 Mustang GTs with manual transmissions will have a rev-matching function for smooth downshifts that don't require you to do your own heel-and-toe work. Though it's not available on the Mustang EcoBoost, the EcoBoost with the Performance Pack will now have an available active exhaust that can be quiet or loud depending on your mood or surroundings. A 1,000-watt 12-speaker B&O Play sound system will also be an option.
Perhaps the press release was just implying that the performance pack will get better with rev matching, but it's not limited to the PP?

...I'm just hoping that's the case at this point. Lots of speculation as of now.

Deleted member 33561

The 10-speed auto already has rev matching... If you think the A10 is “sloppy” it’s because it has a “learning ecu” meaning that the first several hundred miles it’s learning your driving habits and will adjust its own shift patterns based on said driving habits. If your 18 had a chunk of miles from test drives on it when you purchased it, I suggest disconnecting the battery for a minute to force the computer to “reset”.
Thanks for the advice but if this thing (A10) has rev matching then it's worse than I thought. It's especially bad when down-shifting. I am talking about the "normal" driving mode because that's what I use most of the time It also seems reluctant to shift out of first gear when starting off in the morning.
I admit that the sport/track modes seem much better at shifting but still feels sloppy to me.
I have disconnected the battery 2 times with little improvement. I also have a Lund tune.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase