Sponsored

2019 Ford Mustang brings California Special, rev-matching and more

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Rev-Matching is a feature you can select and de-select in the Pony menu on the "front page" of that menu (assuming you have the digital cluster). I'm not sure if it saves the setting or not with key cycles, but hopefully it does. If not, it's literally 2 pushes of a button to toggle it, so not a big deal either way.
How do you know all this stuff?! LOL.

Thank you for making it clear. :cheers:
Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Ford would put a targa roof on the Mustang (I know they won't), I don't think I'd have a choice but to trade in the '15. There are SO many new features I wish I could have gotten on my '15. I'm still good for now since I've put most of these things on my car myself (like the cutouts), but man, a Targa would put me over the top.

And no, I just don't want a vert.

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Wow, that GT/CS convertible looks awesome! With that said, WTH was Ford thinking by putting in that fake side vent??? Would that be easy to remove?

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Rev-Matching is a feature you can select and de-select in the Pony menu on the "front page" of that menu (assuming you have the digital cluster). I'm not sure if it saves the setting or not with key cycles, but hopefully it does. If not, it's literally 2 pushes of a button to toggle it, so not a big deal either way.
I'm wondering if this is something that once we've seen it, can be toggled on in the 18's with a tune/forscan combo.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm wondering if this is something that once we've seen it, can be toggled on in the 18's with a tune/forscan combo.
There was another discussion about this a little while back and I think the consensus was that there's new hardware involved that the 18s don't have (to detect the current gear and where shifter is moving).

Sponsored

greengoblin31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Ford would put a targa roof on the Mustang (I know they won't), I don't think I'd have a choice but to trade in the '15. There are SO many new features I wish I could have gotten on my '15. I'm still good for now since I've put most of these things on my car myself (like the cutouts), but man, a Targa would put me over the top.

just look at it this way; at least you don't have an '10 when '11 was 10x better

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
There was another discussion about this a little while back and I think the consensus was that there's new hardware involved that the 18s don't have (to detect the current gear and where shifter is moving).
I'm sure someone will figure out how to retrofit it. Not because it'd be practical, but just because they can.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
The description for the GTCS in the 2016 MY sales pamphlet does include:

"unique dark taillamp bezels"

However, I have never been able to distinguish any difference between the 2016 GTCS tail lamp bezels and the stock GT bezels... Even when the two were parked next to each other.

Maybe that car had the wrong tail lamp bezels installed cuz they ran out of the GTCS ones that day? I assumed that the dark bezels were revised out of the design and someone forgot to update the pamphlet.
Mine are darker...not blacked out like many prefer.

Sponsored

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I wish the 2016 Cal Spec had the fading "GT/CS" side stripes. If the fenders didn't have alignment holes for the "5.0" badges, I'd remove them and install the stripes.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Anyone have a eta as to when the ford website is going to go live for the 2019 models to build? I thought I heard something like the 18th but dont quote me cause I dont know where I heard that and wanted to see building one and maybe consider either selling my 16 CS or trading it in for the 19 CS.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic

I agree, a Targa top would push me over the edge and I probably would get a new one. My 15 is still awesome though. Iā€™m glad about the B&O sound system. It looks like i was ahead of the curve as when Iā€™m ready I wanted to upgrade to their speakers, etc. just didnā€™t have the money but I will when I can.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for waking me up :) So far I had to go the dealers site to get closer photos, looks confirmed that the lower bumper matches the pattern and texture of the top grill. I can kinda see reflections, so I think it is safe to say the lower grill is gloss like the top?

the build and price puts back the honey comb lower grill unlike what we saw in the official video.

Well found this one which does confirm it is gloss and it atleast has 2 rows unlike the 15-17 single row ACC lower grill. Boy the Convertible in video brings the price up high plus B&O play to 54K with destination charges. The one I plan to order is just 48555 MSRP including delivery charge, I added security package and safe smart plus the other options like that convertible, minus the 3.55 and B&O. I have xplan so I can get it lower plus any incentives upon delivery.

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited: