Sponsored

2019 Ford Mustang brings California Special, rev-matching and more

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I got exactly what I wanted, used, by surfing the web and being patient, with an extended warranty and saved 10k to boot.

I also had other cars in mind and kept getting more attractive info on updates by then so I waited. I got a good deal ordering, got below invoice plus whatever incentives upon delivery.
Sponsored

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Probably one of the few that most likely would order a GT/CS.... I like the subtle grill, I can always swap the wheels out, at least I get 19" tires already. the spoiler is nicer than the decklids or PP1, so do not mind not able to delete it. the scoops are fine and do line up with the frame.

Can debadge the "California Special" logo off the trunk, (hopefully its not recessed) and I prefer the faux gas cap style than the stock GT rear.

I like Mikosuede and the red stitching. And clean with no 5.0 on side (line up holes)

Big Question is does the strut tower brace return again with this?
YES, and I'm sure you already know that by now, I'm going through old posts, I'm new on here, for a Mustang blog/sure a lot of haters on here!

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
This thread is about California Specials, I just read through all 12 pages, sure a lot of haters and I wonder why anyone would buy a GT/CS unless they really like the cosmetic changes over a standard GT. Which is why I bought mine. (Kona Blue is the BEST in my opinion)
Tons and tons of S550s running around here in Vegas, only a handful of GT/CS.
I do go to Cars & Coffee shows and my car stands out.
I've added a lot more cosmetic features, the car is fast enough and the 10R80 is a great transmission(if you know how to drive it).
I will say the only thing I didn't like were the Rims and the cheap P-Zero's. (they sit in the corner of my garage w/900 miles)
Love the rear pedestal spoiler over the GT and since I put on the upper side window scoops by Foose, the lower scoops look much better. So what if the are fake, as long as it makes the car look better! We all love our cars, or wouldn't be on this site.
But the negativity is a downer!

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang GT
I LOVE the look of the California Special. I'm going to add the side scoops to my GT. Already have them, just waiting on summer heat so they will attach good. I think the CS is a great package!

Last edited:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm going through old posts, I'm new on here, for a Mustang blog/sure a lot of haters on here!
This thread is about California Specials, I just read through all 12 pages, sure a lot of haters ...But the negativity is a downer!
You must be new here lol. Try looking on the Facebook threads. You need ballistic armour for those pages :cwl::crackup:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Oddly, I've seen CS on sale at local dealers for around 25k a couple of times lately...not sure how that is possible. Still loving mine.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
YES, and I'm sure you already know that by now, I'm going through old posts, I'm new on here, for a Mustang blog/sure a lot of haters on here!
Hi Steve. Even though we are all Mustang owners each of us has our own opinions as to what we like and don't like. Sometimes it comes across as love, sometimes the opposite. :like:

By the way, there are current threads about the GT/CS. Sometimes bringing back these old threads just adds on what is already being currently discussed.
Sponsored