O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Questions ...

How easy is it to change the exhaust note on the fly on a base model ??

Is it programable on a base models (I.E. "quiet mode" early morning) as it sounds others do or is this programmability only available with the 201A & 401A Digital Cluster ??

Are the active valves / moving parts in the mufflers prone to failure, especially if driven in winter in snow & salt country ??

Thanks,

Doug
I have a 2019 101A Ecoboost with the Active Exhaust. It's easy to change the mode. With the arrows on the steering wheel. Up, down, click. Nothing more. Yes you can program the Silence Mode at every start or in a period of your choice by setting specific hours. I've just reach the 20K Kms and with the second winter almost over I haven't had any problem. (Canadian winters 😉)
Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
O.L ... thanks for the explanation of how to adjust & set the Active Exhaust on your 101A.

Ordered my 2021 up on Monday and got the VIN and 7/5 scheduled build week today.

Race Red/Ebony, 101A, 19B Active Valve Exhaust, and 641 5-Spoke 18" Wheels.

As I stated, I put Stainless Works on my 2016 that weighed 32.38 lbs. per a UPS scale.
Regular EB stock exhaust is around 50 lbs. and the resonator alone weighs 17~23 lbs. per the "what things weigh thread".

This got me thinking ... since the EB Active Valve Exhaust has no RESONATOR, it has to be lighter than regular EB exhaust. The quad tipped active mufflers have to add "some" weight, but the gain has got to be far less than is lost with the resonator gone.

Another plus for going "Active" on an EB.

Doug

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
O.L ... thanks for the explanation of how to adjust & set the Active Exhaust on your 101A.

Ordered my 2021 up on Monday and got the VIN and 7/5 scheduled build week today.

Race Red/Ebony, 101A, 19B Active Valve Exhaust, and 641 5-Spoke 18" Wheels.

As I stated, I put Stainless Works on my 2016 that weighed 32.38 lbs. per a UPS scale.
Regular EB stock exhaust is around 50 lbs. and the resonator alone weighs 17~23 lbs. per the "what things weigh thread".

This got me thinking ... since the EB Active Valve Exhaust has no RESONATOR, it has to be lighter than regular EB exhaust. The quad tipped active mufflers have to add "some" weight, but the gain has got to be far less than is lost with the resonator gone.

Another plus for going "Active" on an EB.

Doug
Really? I didn't know the EB's that come with AE were resonator delete from the factory!
Sponsored