Sponsored

2019 EB PPP hard shifting into R/D and horrid sound into P

Jackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 401A NPP
Twice in the last 4 months, the car has shifted violently into R or D on cold start. Like, chirp the tires in the garage with brake depressed. The first time I drove it about 2 miles and let it sit idle for about 10 min. and it was still doing it, so drove about 6 miles and parked it.

Today, just went to pull into garage due to storm rolling in and it banged into R and once got in, I put in Neutral to remove the drivetrain load and get the parking assist to shut up, then into Park and it make a terrible grinding/binding sound going in. I kept the brake depressed the whole time. I went through this whole procedure again to see if it was a fluke and it happened just the same. Wifey panic'd and wanted me to shut her down. Anyone had this happen? If course it's only happened the two times I have driven it which is pretty rare. Car has 12k on it. Bone stock.

Also, has anyone released a grill delete or decent looking replacement for the 2019 yet?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Twice in the last 4 months, the car has shifted violently into R or D on cold start. Like, chirp the tires in the garage with brake depressed. The first time I drove it about 2 miles and let it sit idle for about 10 min. and it was still doing it, so drove about 6 miles and parked it.

Today, just went to pull into garage due to storm rolling in and it banged into R and once got in, I put in Neutral to remove the drivetrain load and get the parking assist to shut up, then into Park and it make a terrible grinding/binding sound going in. I kept the brake depressed the whole time. I went through this whole procedure again to see if it was a fluke and it happened just the same. Wifey panic'd and wanted me to shut her down. Anyone had this happen? If course it's only happened the two times I have driven it which is pretty rare. Car has 12k on it. Bone stock.

Also, has anyone released a grill delete or decent looking replacement for the 2019 yet?
Hello Jackel and welcome to the forum. Twice is two times too many. Get your car back to the dealer pronto. The fluid level needs to be checked and you may need the software update. There his also a major thread on the 10R80 by member Cobra Jet.

Edit: here is the thread.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...h-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/#post-2787479