Sponsored

2019 Bullitt - PP2 rear deck lid spoiler.

OP
OP

Thebozman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Higland Green
No track work for me purely a poser and long term keeper. Can’t wait for the spoiler to arrive and put it on. Price worked out at $1,172 USD plus freight to Oz. Thanks again to the guys on the forum for your help to make this all possible for me. Also through the forum I managed to buy a front “Bullitt” strut brace which the OZ spec Bullitt did not come with. Picking that up on Monday here in Melbourne. Yee Ha.
Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have contacted Levitt Town Ford parts direct, quoted my VIN, but this is not enough. Apparently I need a VIN for a PP2 to be able to get the part.
Yeah, this has been the MO for ordering OE parts from just about any manufacturer for a number of years now. It used to be that all you needed was a model & year of production. Using the VIN allows a more precise part determination. Initially it was thought the concept was to keep non owners of selected models from getting items such as purchasing a Bullitt grille for a non-Bullitt Mustang. Alas, while the tin hats may, indeed, have some valid issues to deal with, this was not one of them. :facepalm:

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
So if that pn is unobtainable, whats the closest we can get to the PP2 spoiler?

Sponsored

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
I have a PP2 spoiler for sale in the for sale forum if anyone is interested.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey gang, a related question. First, I assume the trunk of the Bullitt is identical to any other (2019 or 2020) Mustang, correct? If that's the case (as expected), then how does the car handle at high speeds with no spoiler at the rear, compared to a GT PP1 and PP2? Just curious.

As far as the spoilers shown (Roush and PP2), I MUCH better liked the Roush one, but again, curious how it affects handling at high speeds, either positively or negatively. And does it come pre-painted, or you have to do that? Thx.

Finally, I'm not really a 'spoiler guy', but hate to admit the rear end looks a little bit weird on the Bullitt without one. I'll probably leave it alone, but that Roush spoiler is looking tempting. Ha ha. If it doesn't add too much drag at speed (I'll never track the car), and it comes body-colored, I might consider one. I'll use the car to travel a lot, and with its already dismal range (only 16-gal), don't want highway fuel mileage at high speeds to suffer at all.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Hey gang, a related question. First, I assume the trunk of the Bullitt is identical to any other (2019 or 2020) Mustang, correct? If that's the case (as expected), then how does the car handle at high speeds with no spoiler at the rear, compared to a GT PP1 and PP2? Just curious.

As far as the spoilers shown (Roush and PP2), I MUCH better liked the Roush one, but again, curious how it affects handling at high speeds, either positively or negatively. And does it come pre-painted, or you have to do that? Thx.

Finally, I'm not really a 'spoiler guy', but hate to admit the rear end looks a little bit weird on the Bullitt without one. I'll probably leave it alone, but that Roush spoiler is looking tempting. Ha ha. If it doesn't add too much drag at speed (I'll never track the car), and it comes body-colored, I might consider one. I'll use the car to travel a lot, and with its already dismal range (only 16-gal), don't want highway fuel mileage at high speeds to suffer at all.
Trunks are identical.
The front gill is slightly redesigned to compensate for lack of a spoiler at higher speeds. That said I'd expect the pp1 and pp2 to both handle better at higher speeds. The PP2 is more of a track car(or poor mans GT350) compared the Bullitt which is more of a gentleman's sporty cruiser.

That said I still rip triple digits going from the city to home when I'm on the interstate.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Okay, thanks. Bought the car yesterday, and had it to almost 110, and felt perfect, so not going to mess with a spoiler. Like the clean look, and it's easier to clean :D. I'm also going to leave the Bullitt rear panel. I warmed up to it in person, so not changing anything, other than installing black wheel lug nuts (with no locks), and changing the out-of-place blue wheel cap covers. That's about it.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Okay, thanks. Bought the car yesterday, and had it to almost 110, and felt perfect, so not going to mess with a spoiler. Like the clean look, and it's easier to clean :D. I'm also going to leave the Bullitt rear panel. I warmed up to it in person, so not changing anything, other than installing black wheel lug nuts (with no locks), and changing the out-of-place blue wheel cap covers. That's about it.
BLUE CAPS....??? Pics pls!!

OP
OP

Thebozman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Higland Green
Had my PP2 spoiler painted mat black to match the front chin spoiler. My aim was to make it a subtle addition which I am very happy with. I don’t plan to do too much else with to it other than to possible swap out the hood vents to a slightly larger set finished in mat black and not body color. Below are a couple of pics.

A4202C1B-9963-404F-AD48-907368AC7284.jpeg
FB3745FF-5A26-4F9C-AC91-6771E32B7C41.jpeg