2019 BULLITT Part Numbers

MarkUnboxes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I was looking at purchasing an OEM Bullitt grille and found one listed with part number #KR3B-17K945-AW. Does anyone know if this is any different from the #KR3Z-17K945-AA? It's a decent deal for the OEM so I'd like to purchase it for my 2019 GT but want to make sure it's the same part. I can post the link if helps. Thanks!

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
Looking for my Bullitt the 2019 - 2020 Ford OEM:

Oil filler cap in 5W-30 marking?

I can't find? Anyone?

Thanks.

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I already have it... but does Ford make a 0W-30 one??? :D That's what I'm going to use, so rather have that one instead. Ha ha. Thanks gang. I knew the 5W-30 from my ex-F150 3.5EB (2018) would work, so I ordered one, and it did. Hopefully there's a 0W-30 for the Canadian market :).

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
I already have it... but does Ford make a 0W-30 one??? :D That's what I'm going to use, so rather have that one instead. Ha ha. Thanks gang. I knew the 5W-30 from my ex-F150 3.5EB (2018) would work, so I ordered one, and it did. Hopefully there's a 0W-30 for the Canadian market :).
JC: Just for curiosity? Why are you going down to a lighter viscosity?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
JC: Just for curiosity? Why are you going down to a lighter viscosity?
It's only lighter when cold, meaning it lubricates quicker, so less engine wear. Remember our cars have marginal cam phasers, so the early they get lubricated, the less chances of them failing. And even when it's 100F outside, oil is still too thick to lubricate properly, so thinner oil when engine is cold is beneficial in ALL temperatures, not only in winter. Manufacturers are turning to 0Wxx oils now, since there's no drawback. And I'm going with 30 since it's quite hot here in TX for many months a year. And M1 0/30 is a 'thin' 30 weight, meaning is very close to being a 'thick' 20 weight oil right off the bottle, so by 1K miles, it probably should be. Besides, many other parts of the world call for 5/30 on our exact same engine with similar climates than where I live, so I rather protect my engine than get 0.1 MPG more. But of course to each his own :).

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's only lighter when cold, meaning it lubricates quicker, so less engine wear. Remember our cars have marginal cam phasers, so the early they get lubricated, the less chances of them failing. And even when it's 100F outside, oil is still too thick to lubricate properly, so thinner oil when engine is cold is beneficial in ALL temperatures, not only in winter. Manufacturers are turning to 0Wxx oils now, since there's no drawback. And I'm going with 30 since it's quite hot here in TX for many months a year. And M1 0/30 is a 'thin' 30 weight, meaning is very close to being a 'thick' 20 weight oil right off the bottle, so by 1K miles, it probably should be. Besides, many other parts of the world call for 5/30 on our exact same engine with similar climates than where I live, so I rather protect my engine than get 0.1 MPG more. But of course to each his own :).
I dont think any Fords came with 0w-30 requirement.

Here is 5w-50
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mof-ec766/make/ford

5w-30/40
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mof-ec790/make/ford

Sponsored
OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Indeed. It's approved, but it's secondary to 5/30, so they only make the cap for 5/30, which is the one I have now :).
Being approved and Required aren't the same. Which is why there is no 0w-30 cap. If there was a Ford vehicle that they strongly suggest 0w-30 for that car would have a cap we can use.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't give a crap that there's no 0w30 cap man; It's the better oil to use IMO, so I'll use it anyway :D. There's really no drawback using either 0W20 or 0W30 over 5/20 or 5/30, plus it's approved by Ford, so no warranty issues. Folks using 40 and even 50 weight oils are outside of Ford's recommendations, but 5/30 is recommended in many other markets. And 0/30 lubricates quicker than 5/30 after every cold start, meaning less wear on the engine. Plus same hot protection, so that's enough reason for me to switch, but to each his own. I'm switching early (1K miles) on this car due to the issues our engines are prone to (the tick, 2K rattle, cam phasers, etc). Hope to avoid them, but we'll see :).

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I don't give a crap that there's no 0w30 cap man; It's the better oil to use IMO, so I'll use it anyway :D. There's really no drawback using either 0W20 or 0W30 over 5/20 or 5/30, plus it's approved by Ford, so no warranty issues. Folks using 40 and even 50 weight oils are outside of Ford's recommendations, but 5/30 is recommended in many other markets. And 0/30 lubricates quicker than 5/30 after every cold start, meaning less wear on the engine. Plus same hot protection, so that's enough reason for me to switch, but to each his own. I'm switching early (1K miles) on this car due to the issues our engines are prone to (the tick, 2K rattle, cam phasers, etc). Hope to avoid them, but we'll see :).
Not sure what the rant is about. Literally only explained why there is no 0w-30 cap.

That said, changing to 0w-30, or any oil, will not prevent ANY of those issues as they are all about tolerances and built quality. Oil wont impact it at all, at most it would just mask some sound from said issues.