Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
MYSTERY SOLVED TODAY
One of the big arguments in the Bullitt world in reference to the movie car is the butt end of the car. Many modern replicas have been built with the rear between the taillights blacked out...while others strongly disagreed and said ..body color.
Well, we finally have an answer in close up photos of the original 68--original body color (rubbed down with steel wool to kill the shine)

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Now I had waited so long, now I can order a 2nd year of the refresh... I love it but I require a10 like some and looks like no acc feature offered on the bullitt either. Exterior wise it's nice but prefer more discreet brembo.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Not sure what makes me more triggered.. that Ford would offer in black or that someone would buy in black.
01 Green, Black, Blue
08/09 Green, Black

Lots of yahoos out there who will buy the car for the 'mods' that take it above and distinguish it from a GT and they can careless about the Bullitt heritage aspect of the car.

These posers will F the car up and then sell in on in 2-3 yrs (makes me sick) but Ford needs those Yahoos for sales. Dealers just don't want a car in 1 color...limits the market too much.

Too many gotta have it now' types who rush to every 'new thing' and then move on in 18-24 months to the next new thing are gonna want Black.

Sponsored

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
are the recurs heated and cooled. the pics seem to look like it?

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
With regards the original......this has to be the one that was hidden away by it's former owner and never shown, right? As the son said his father had passed, I assume he's now the owner?

That's got to be one of the most valuable Mustangs on the planet......and it's SO good to see it again :love:
This is the most BULLITT-EY day EVER! :thumbsup:

Stingray23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 SVT Raptor
Love it and almost exactly like I said it should be months back. The only thing I am not a fan of is the red calipers and the black wheels. They should've done the calipers in silver and the wheels in grey.

"If they really decide to make it, I hope to God they dont ruin it with badges, stickers, serial numbers, embroidery, etc.........
Make it highland green, black leather recaros, manual trans., performance package with Mag.ride, quad exhaust and grey torq thrusts. 500hp would be perfect too"

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Original wasn't auto, why would the new one? It's a throwback.
The original didn't have a radio, either. What's your point?

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
It has NOTHING to do with Ford Performance Attitude. Please, go out and learn some Mustang history.
Past "Bullitt" vehicles have come with an optional auto. History is subjective. and Yes, it is Ford Performance. Fiesta ST. Focus ST. Focus RS. Shelby GT350.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Neither of the previous Bullitt cars were available with automatics.
I stand corrected. My argument otherwise still stands. The "history" argument is utter bull. If you want to argue that, there's a wealth of improvements over the past half century to argue "history" over.

metros11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SS 1LE
The Bullitt looks sweet, love that green. That only leaves me with two questions. How much? And why did they have to paint the brake calipers red... couldn't they just do grey? That would be a better fit.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I do not think the chrome trim looks bad at all with DHG. It is a good compliment.

Though, I would have to see it in black, to really get a feel of how the chrome trim, accents the bullitt model. Personally, if I am/were to order a Bullitt, I would have to find aftermarket trim or plasti-dip mine. (I am kinda of an anti-chrome guy).

BTW, that front looks outstanding & I can't wait to see it in all black for some reason. (all my cars have always been black)

And on a side note, anyone else notice how good the s550 Mustang looks de-badged ?
Sponsored