Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Even cars for sale in Detroit for example, do they really go from starting production to a dealer lot in less than 3 weeks? I haven't followed the Order Tracking thread too closely so I don't know the timeframes, but I will be now haha.

The dealer I'll probably be working with is only about 3 hours from the plant so I'm hoping to avoid the rail holdup with just a short truck drive for delivery to the dealer.
Avoiding rail is wise...my R took about 4-5wks to get from Flat Rock to Woodbridge, VA!
Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
There will be no allocations. The car is not going to be produced in limited numbers. If you want the car you can get one. Ford said they will produce as many Bullitts as they can sell.

Don’t pay an ADM. Order banks are supposed to open March 18.
Why would they put the chassis number on the dash of an unlimited build? Sorry I’m short on history of how these special edition things roll out. As for allocation that is the word used by a sales person at my local dealership....and I initiated the conversation so it was pretty natural, not a calculated response. He said they already have an allocation. Wish I’d thought to ask him about markup too.

And I doubt I’ll have to worry about it...the R is sufficiently draining my monthly budget all on its own :lol:

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Why would they put the chassis number on the dash of an unlimited build? Sorry I’m short on history of how these special edition things roll out. As for allocation that is the word used by a sales person at my local dealership....and I initiated the conversation so it was pretty natural, not a calculated response. He said they already have an allocation. Wish I’d thought to ask him about markup too.

And I doubt I’ll have to worry about it...the R is sufficiently draining my monthly budget all on its own :lol:
Allocation means the dealer has room to order a particular car. Ford gives dealers X amount of cars/trucks they can order at a given time based upon sales volume. Except in very limited cases(Ford GT and other limited production vehicles) sold orders(customer ordered) are not limited to dealer allocation. A chassis number does not equal limited production, its just another differentiator to a non Bullitt Mustang.

MikenDallas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium in Black
It won't be around in time for the current incentives.
Ah that's true. what about incentives in general? I know the Shelby GT and Raptor don't usually have incentives not sure about the Bullitt

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Ah that's true. what about incentives in general? I know the Shelby GT and Raptor don't usually have incentives not sure about the Bullitt
The Bullitt is just considered an "option" to the GT, the Mach1 was the same way, so historically they both got incentives and x-plan.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
All I know is I plan on getting one. I should be able to sell my 16 GT PP for a good price and I will be paying off a massive amount of debt with my tax returns that will free up more than enough money to comfortably get one.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Had a dream last night that I traded my car in for a Bullitt... really has me thinking.

I've always had a soft-spot for the Bullitt since the 2001. I'll never forget the first time I saw one as a kid, it stood out because of the color and the fact that it didn't have a spoiler. Fast forward to 2008, I was 18 and my buddy's dad bought an '08 Bullitt. Every Friday after school we would take it out and find parking lots to do donuts. It was the first Mustang I ever drove and I'll always remember the noise and feeling like it had way more than 315hp (my dad bought a GT500 shortly thereafter so I had a pretty good comparison point).

This new one is the first time I find myself lusting after the post-refresh styling. Everything is perfect aside from the gloss-black wheels. I would would refinish those to flat dark-grey so fast.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
The Bullitt is just considered an "option" to the GT, the Mach1 was the same way, so historically they both got incentives and x-plan.
Not when they first came out, and not for the first year. Maybe the '04s did, but for the most part it was sticker plus in '03. I was happy to get mine for less than sticker, but the dealership had no idea what it was or that it was a non-SVT product that they could get until I ordered mine.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Not when they first came out, and not for the first year. Maybe the '04s did, but for the most part it was sticker plus in '03. I was happy to get mine for less than sticker, but the dealership had no idea what it was or that it was a non-SVT product that they could get until I ordered mine.
My original 03 was purchased at x-plan price by its original owner right off the truck. I still have the paperwork he gave me.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Had a dream last night that I traded my car in for a Bullitt... really has me thinking.

I've always had a soft-spot for the Bullitt since the 2001. I'll never forget the first time I saw one as a kid, it stood out because of the color and the fact that it didn't have a spoiler. Fast forward to 2008, I was 18 and my buddy's dad bought an '08 Bullitt. Every Friday after school we would take it out and find parking lots to do donuts. It was the first Mustang I ever drove and I'll always remember the noise and feeling like it had way more than 315hp (my dad bought a GT500 shortly thereafter so I had a pretty good comparison point).

This new one is the first time I find myself lusting after the post-refresh styling. Everything is perfect aside from the gloss-black wheels. I would would refinish those to flat dark-grey so fast.
Honestly I got my Mach1 after the 05 GT's came out. I loved the mach1 look, and I actually NEVER thought any of the refreshes made the cars look any better than my Mach1 did. Part of that was probably that having a v4 I still had an (new)edge over the heavier v3 GT. So it felt like my car was still very relevant performance wise until the 5.0 came out. But even then I could just do a FR head/cam package and Intake port to run with the 1st gen 5.0.

Even after it got totalled it still just always looked just pure badass to me. Until the GT350, PP2 and new Bullitt, none of the 05-15 made me feel that way.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Anyone know if the Bullitt will qualify for the current incentives?
I'm not sure about incentives but I did ask the Ford guys about X-plan and they said it's probably not going to be eligible. So only hope at a discount is with good negotiating or incentives that don't exclude Bullitt, if they end up existing.

Avoiding rail is wise...my R took about 4-5wks to get from Flat Rock to Woodbridge, VA!
So there was no rail transport involved going all the way to Virginia? And it takes about 1 week from start of production to the car completing production right? Sorry, despite owning 3 S550s, I've never actually ordered one.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
One thing on the available June 2018 topic is this. "Available" is a very broad topic. In legal terms that could mean at least one will be available to the public in some form or fashion, not necessarily a bunch sitting at dealerships ready to sell.

There is a lot of wiggle room for Ford by simply stating available. I am no expert on production turnaround times, but 3 weeks does seem pretty quick to build them and get them to market for sale, but I'm guessing they have a plan that satisfies the statement "available June 2018."
Sponsored