2019 Bullitt Mustang Confirmed for Europe, Debuts in Geneva

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Also, now that I'm home and looking more closely at the Ford pictures, it looks like the EU Bullitt will be getting the auto braking and adaptive cruise features. The lower grill is different than US Bullitts and you can see they integrated the covers for the sensors. Also there's the additional sensor at the top of the windshield. So glad the US ones don't get that.
Should be an Option. If you want it. (To my thinking, everything should be an Option . . . Let us build it the way we want!)
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Good observation on the window sensor. Regarding the lower grille,, I think that these 'sensor covers' are also present on the US model. Check this original US press picture:
Ah you're right on the lower grill. It just looks more one dimensional on the side parts on the euro version. Maybe it's a difference between the prototypes and final production, or is slightly different on euros to accommodate those sensors, or it's just my eyes deceiving me. :shrug:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Does anyone know if the Bullitt will be manual only or the 10-speed auto will be offered?

From my readings so far it appears manual only.

I've given my dealer over here in Australia an expression of interest and I'm well up the list; I'd prefer the auto over the manual but won't let that be a deal breaker.

Thanks

Thanks

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Does anyone know if the Bullitt will be manual only or the 10-speed auto will be offered?

From my readings so far it appears manual only.

I've given my dealer over here in Australia an expression of interest and I'm well up the list; I'd prefer the auto over the manual but won't let that be a deal breaker.

Thanks

Thanks
Bullitts have always been manual only and so is this one.

Personally I think that is utterly stupid, especially anno 2018. One can only hope that Ford comes to their senses at some point, but it doesn't look good :frusty:

Dragula310

Master Of Savagery 03XX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tundra, 2019 Bullitt Hopeful.
The bullitt is meant to be a driver's car. Most enthusiast driver's prefer a manual transmission.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Maybe they'll add the auto option next year if enough people want it?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Maybe they'll add the auto option next year if enough people want it?
I'd hope so but I'm afraid that will be too little too late. The momentum for this car is now and lots of the Bullitt heads with money to spend are 50+ and have bad knees or other physical discomforts. They should have thought of this up front, especially now they have developed this awesome 10 speed auto that is even faster than the manual. I bet even McQueen himself would probably have preferred an automatic if he were still alive today.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'd hope so but I'm afraid that will be too little too late. The momentum for this car is now and lots of the Bullitt heads with money to spend are 50+ and have bad knees or other physical discomforts. They should have thought of this up front, especially now they have developed this awesome 10 speed auto that is even faster than the manual. I bet even McQueen himself would probably have preferred an automatic if he were still alive today.
Yeah, I agree. I get the purity of the idea and only want a manual personally, but I think the choice would be nice, especially since a large amount of the buyers are older and would want an auto, and the auto is so good. I was pretty surprised at the launch to hear manual only.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Yeah and the Earth is flat too.
Yes most "Enthusiasts" do indeed like the MT !!! 3 pedals for me at 72 !!!! Got rid of my 2012 BMW 6 Coupe with 8spd auto.... first auto I've ever owned...boring as hell...but yes it did put you back in your seat at full throttle and keep you there!!! :cheers::cheers:

Sponsored

Dragula310

Master Of Savagery 03XX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tundra, 2019 Bullitt Hopeful.
Yeah and the Earth is flat too.
Listen, I'm not one of those retards who think the manual is the best transmission available and it only has to be manual. I live in LA and probably should get an automatic, however, I was just stating that most "Driver's Cars" people still prefer a manual over an automatic. Is Ford silly for not offering the 10speed with the Bullitt? Absolutley, especially because most of the people that are gonna run out drop money on day one will be the over 50 crowd trying to recapture their youth by buying a nostalgic car. We all know that the 10speed is the best from a pure performance stand point but something has to be said that it takes a lot of the driver's involvement out of the vehicle. Don't be salty because ford didn't cater to those who now prefer an automatic vs a manual because ford is still gonna sell these like hot cakes.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Listen, I'm not one of those retards who think the manual is the best transmission available and it only has to be manual. I live in LA and probably should get an automatic, however, I was just stating that most "Driver's Cars" people still prefer a manual over an automatic. Is Ford silly for not offering the 10speed with the Bullitt? Absolutley, especially because most of the people that are gonna run out drop money on day one will be the over 50 crowd trying to recapture their youth by buying a nostalgic car. We all know that the 10speed is the best from a pure performance stand point but something has to be said that it takes a lot of the driver's involvement out of the vehicle. Don't be salty because ford didn't cater to those who now prefer an automatic vs a manual because ford is still gonna sell these like hot cakes.
Very well said!! Maybe the OP actually lives in Australia....it is mostly flat there??:cheers:

jimmypop13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 HHR SS
I prefer the euro headlights with their clear reflectors over the Amber on the US model. The clear taillights I kinda like more too. Too bad those aren't cheaper parts you can just swap out.