2019 Bullitt jumping out of first gear

Turk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My new Bullitt is awesome in all respects - except that it likes to jump out of first gear. It happens when accelerating from a stop, but does NOT seem to be related to how hard I am accelerating. I notice that at certain first gear RPMs the shift lever goes into what I would term a (mild) shaking mode which causes me to wonder if this is normal, and if this shaking is causing it to jump out of gear. I can hold the shifter forward when using first gear and of course that keeps it from jumping out of gear - but this is in no way an acceptable fix for a car for which I just wrote a check for nearly 60K! I have both the Magna Ride and the advanced electronics package as options. I have discussed this with my dealer and they haven't a clue. Anyone have any in fo or experience with this problem?
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
My new Bullitt is awesome in all respects - except that it likes to jump out of first gear. It happens when accelerating from a stop, but does NOT seem to be related to how hard I am accelerating. I notice that at certain first gear RPMs the shift lever goes into what I would term a (mild) shaking mode which causes me to wonder if this is normal, and if this shaking is causing it to jump out of gear. I can hold the shifter forward when using first gear and of course that keeps it from jumping out of gear - but this is in no way an acceptable fix for a car for which I just wrote a check for nearly 60K! I have both the Magna Ride and the advanced electronics package as options. I have discussed this with my dealer and they haven't a clue. Anyone have any in fo or experience with this problem?
Sounds like it's not fully going into the gear. Have your dealer look at it, just talking to them won't fix anything.

local driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS
This is a serious problem that will only get worse and begin to eat the tranny.

Honest to God, the last time I recall a jump-out-of-1st problem I was a child and my dad had a brand new 1957 "steady breaker" AKA Studebaker. Are we going back to that level of "quality" in Detroit?

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
Usually I would think the syncromesh was going, but your car is new so I'm guessing just a linkage adjustment/alignment issue; it should be an easy fix if that is all it is.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2013 Focus ST with the same exact issue with first gear. Car had 300 miles on it and needed a new transmission.
Sponsored