MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
For me, 59 yo, driving a Mustang puts a smile on my face. So does a Vette and to a lesser degree Camaro and Challenger. BMW M cars are without question fine cars, but to be honest aside from us car nuts, nobody knows what they are because they look like every other car on the road. There is no soul IMHO. Also BMW M are very expensive to fix and after all that plastic has had many heat/cool cycles it will crack and it does. American cars have a lot of engine related plastic as well but BMW takes it to an entirely different level. On the plus side they do tend to keep their value rather well so that's a consideration. It's nice to have so many choices!
Even if you disregard the issues, concerns of OOW repair costs, etc., the combination of objective + subjective metrics that comes together in my head make me love a Mustang way more than a BMW.
Sponsored

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Same here. Both are fine cars but for me, driving the Mustang puts a smile on my face. Highly subjective of course!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You can tell which BMWs break a lot and are expensive to repair, because used their value plummets very quickly. And there are some.
You can get a 2016 or 17 340i xDrive with reasonable miles for mid 20's right now. That is obscene considering those 3 year old cars now were into the 60's when bought new.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You can get a 2016 or 17 340i xDrive with reasonable miles for mid 20's right now. That is obscene considering those 3 year old cars now were into the 60's when bought new.
That would really suck to buy one new and have it depreciate so fast.

Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Some cars are iconic and just simply very cool. I would say Corvette, mini are a couple.

but the most iconic and cool of all is the Mustang. It might not be the fastest or the most refined thing on the road but it always makes you feel great when you get in or even just look at it.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I love the Mercedes AMG E63. Even if I could "afford" one, I don't think I could afford the repair costs if it came down to needing it.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Your S4 sucked in the winter?
Clearly you cheaped out and didn’t go with a dedicated winter rim and tire setup. My winter setup Audi’s have been way more confidence expiring than any vehicle I’ve ever driven, and I live in the snow belt.
I live in the snow belt too. My S4 was undriveable in the snow without winter tires, and my expensive dedicated winter wheel and tire setup improved it from undriveable to merely sucking in the snow.

But I was also comparing the S4’s snow capabilities to my Silverado, which was clearly superior in the snow. As was my wife’s GMC Acadia.

And I am guessing that you mean confidence inspiring, not expiring.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Minis are just plain cool. Even if they are BMWs now.
I think the original minis are cool. The first minis that BMW did were pretty good. But now they are bloated mini SUVs, from what I can tell.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That's the Cuntyman. You can still get a JCW mini cooper.
Are they still the same size, or did they get bigger and heavier and higher off the ground? Maybe I just haven't seen one lately.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Are they still the same size, or did they get bigger and heavier and higher off the ground? Maybe I just haven't seen one lately.
The current Cooper is a good bit bigger vs. the original car, but that old car is __tiny__, like you'll-die-on-the-highway small ...

Funny enough, that's what the person who owned my car traded it away for, a convertible Mini (good for them, REALLY good for me :D)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I mean, yeah, but who hasn't gotten a little heavier over the years? They've also gone up in power a huge amount from the original Cooper.

That's why I laugh out loud when I see a Smart Car anywhere but in a crowded downtown area.
I was thinking that even the modern Bimmer mini got larger since it was released. Yes the originals are crazy small.
Sponsored