2019 BMW M3 vs 2019 Mustang GT

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, BMW 545i, Mercedes E550, Mercedes E320, Kia Sorento V6
One of my friends handed me the key to his 2019 BMW M3 and asked me to go drive as hard as I want. I will tell you this that I always had a BMW or a Mercedes however 2019 Mustang GT is my first American sports car. I always dreamed of owning a Mustang.

The BMW M3 was very well built with excellent quality of materials inside and out. The hood scoop look great from the cockpit. The car handled amazing on the back roads and the stopping power was beyond perfect. Steering feel was probably the best I experienced amongst electric steerings. I was very quick and high revving with quick transmission shifting. I did notice that there was a turbo lag. It was a perfect car in a lot of ways.

For me German cars always had this feeling of heaviness, solidness and a soul when you drive. My Mustang has changed my perception. I was missing my Mustang more when I was driving this car. M3 was a perfect machine but I was missing the rawness of the Mustang. I was missing that soul only Mustang can have. This mustang is the only car I have ever own brand new.

No doubt the Mustang has inferior plastics and not the most glamorous dash but it has that something that a more refined car doesnt.

I guess I can say I've never loved a car so much in my life until I bought my 2019 Mustang GT. I'm in my thirties and I've owned almost 20 + cars and many of them were high performance cars. I just love looking at my Mustang when I get out of it and just enjoy everything about it even though it isn't perfect. Mustang gives me a feeling of being a rebel and nothing like driving an American Icon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I hear ya man.... The Mustang is far from perfect but I love the Goddamed thing!! I came from a 2013 Camaro SS and this car just kicks the $hit out of it. Its got a few niggles to it but they aren't big deals to me. I was shopping vettes etc. when I decided to give the GT a look and just fell in love with the style, the sound & the feel. I'm so happy I bought this car my only legit gripe is that even at 56 this car makes me drive like a bit of a Ahole at times because it just begs you to roll into it hard and keep going. And I give in to it.....

OP
OP
2019fordmustang

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, BMW 545i, Mercedes E550, Mercedes E320, Kia Sorento V6
I hear ya man.... The Mustang is far from perfect but I love the Goddamed thing!! I came from a 2013 Camaro SS and this car just kicks the $hit out of it. Its got a few niggles to it but they aren't big deals to me. I was shopping vettes etc. when I decided to give the GT a look and just fell in love with the style, the sound & the feel. I'm so happy I bought this car my only legit gripe is that even at 56 this car makes me drive like a bit of a Ahole at times because it just begs you to roll into it hard and keep going. And I give in to it.....
Man you nailed it! It's like that dirty girl in highschool you never forget;)

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My 2018 GT convertible is really big and heavy, compared to what I am used to driving. But, once I got used to that, it's a really pleasant and entertaining car to drive. The dashboard and A10 really help.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Like the OP, I have had my fair share of performance cars from the RS model Audi's t the M model BMW's. Yes, they are made better and have better equipment bla bla bla, but they have ZERO soul. They all sound the same, nothing beats the sound of the glorious supercharged V8 my beast has. Helps to be faster than most euros also :)

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I had a Jaguar and a couple of Infiniti's before my Mustang's. Friends thought I was nuts to go back to a Ford (I had many). They were good cars and I liked them. But, I love my Mustangs!!

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
I have had 2 335 and one m3 , Infiniti g37s,2017 Infiniti Q50 red sport , etc etc. I have had 03 cobra , 11 5.0, 14 5.0 now I traded my q50 for the 19 pp1 5.0 , it’s by far not the nicest car but it’s still my favorite and most fun and what I prefer

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah but the Mustang you don't have to worry about major mechanical issues like a BMW and you won't go broke fixing something if it does break. BMW is the ultimate leasing machine.

BleedNBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 2018 Toyota 4Runner ORP; 2007 Sea Ray 270 SLX
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but the Mustang you don't have to worry about major mechanical issues like a BMW and you won't go broke fixing something if it does break. BMW is the ultimate leasing machine.
Or an engine that leaks oil after 30k miles. Did BMW put out a new version of their I6 turbo or is the 2019 have the leaky N55.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I drove an M3 a couple years ago. It was lightly used. To me the interior looked good, but some of the buttons for switching driving modes, etc. weren't working very well. They were sticky and felt cheap and crappy to operate. BMWs manual transmissions are really good - that was one thing I was impressed with.

That turbo I6 makes decent power, but it sounds like garbage.

I was happy to get back into my Mustang.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
While I suppose there's some objective metrics for "interior quality", I'll say what I said to a couple of BMW owners: those are still subjective in terms of how they impact your overall ownership experience. If you want sit around / post online, about how much better a BMW interior is, that's great, but when I'm in my Mustang, what I assign WAY MORE value to my driving experience is how it sounds, the way the Coyote feels - I spend very little time ogling my interior surface materials :D

What's funny is 98% of the people who look at the interior / ride in a GT (especially with the premium package / 401a) say things like, "Wow, this is really nice" :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
While I suppose there's some objective metrics for "interior quality", I'll say what I said to a couple of BMW owners: those are still subjective in terms of how they impact your overall ownership experience. If you want sit around / post online, about how much better a BMW interior is, that's great, but when I'm in my Mustang, what I assign WAY MORE value to my driving experience is how it sounds, the way the Coyote feels - I spend very little time ogling my interior surface materials :D

What's funny is 98% of the people who look at the interior / ride in a GT (especially with the premium package / 401a) say things like, "Wow, this is really nice" :)
Agreed. The upgraded interior on the 19’ quite nice. Ford took it up another notch on the GT/CS. Friends were surprised that a Mustang could be this “luxurious”.
7FB0CF5D-6670-4A27-9B5F-FD4C0A9F5477.jpeg
D96911F8-8CA2-42A5-9F63-B48B3A76901D.jpeg

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Right, it won't cost you $1,500 for a limited slip differential...

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Not sure why there's so much BMW hatred on this forum.

As I've said before, my '08 335xi coupe was a blast to drive. No hiccups well into six figure mileage. My '18 F150 went through three engines and a buyback in 4k miles. Stuff happens.

However, if you don't think an M3 has soul, you're doing something wrong. Most people who buy Mustangs, Camaros, etc. buy them to brag about HP numbers and throw out some Americana heritage talk. But when it comes to heritage, the M3 has plenty and then some.

Whether you like the Mustang better or you like the M3 better, it doesn't change some of the facts that exist between the two. Yes, in a straight line, the GT is the faster car. In the same way that the M3 is the better car in: handling, resale, build quality, ride quality, etc. You pay for what you get in the M3, but you do get it. I personally feel my GT/CS, at $48k MSRP, was WAY overpriced. But I bought it because I like Mustangs, I wanted a nice V8 soundtrack, and the return of the CS was pretty cool. This is the nicest GT/CS package Ford has ever made in my honest opinion. And I love my car. But I certainly would love an M3 as well.

Bottom line, we all like what we like. But to say "A BMW is the ultimate leasing machine" is no better than those that say "Every '18 & '19 GT has engine problems due to the cylinder lining". Every brand has good and bad. In my experience, Ford is the only buyback I've ever had out of over 100+ new cars I've owned.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Not sure why there's so much BMW hatred on this forum.

As I've said before, my '08 335xi coupe was a blast to drive. No hiccups well into six figure mileage. My '18 F150 went through three engines and a buyback in 4k miles. Stuff happens.

However, if you don't think an M3 has soul, you're doing something wrong. Most people who buy Mustangs, Camaros, etc. buy them to brag about HP numbers and throw out some Americana heritage talk. But when it comes to heritage, the M3 has plenty and then some.

Whether you like the Mustang better or you like the M3 better, it doesn't change some of the facts that exist between the two. Yes, in a straight line, the GT is the faster car. In the same way that the M3 is the better car in: handling, resale, build quality, ride quality, etc. You pay for what you get in the M3, but you do get it. I personally feel my GT/CS, at $48k MSRP, was WAY overpriced. But I bought it because I like Mustangs, I wanted a nice V8 soundtrack, and the return of the CS was pretty cool. This is the nicest GT/CS package Ford has ever made in my honest opinion. And I love my car. But I certainly would love an M3 as well.

Bottom line, we all like what we like. But to say "A BMW is the ultimate leasing machine" is no better than those that say "Every '18 & '19 GT has engine problems due to the cylinder lining". Every brand has good and bad. In my experience, Ford is the only buyback I've ever had out of over 100+ new cars I've owned.
Actually, most BMW owners are assholes is why I hate BMW. The numerous problems most of them have is just icing on the cake.
Sponsored